ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) application without CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jdpnott18
Newly Registered
Mood:
Columbia

Tier 2 (General) application without CoS

Post by jdpnott18 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been reading a couple of post on this subject but most of them are 2-3 years old. Could anyone please advice on the following?:

I'm currently on a Tier 4 visa and I'm planning to switch to a Tier 2 visa. I have recently received a job offer that meets the UKV criteria in terms of salary, job description, and responsibilities. However, the company doesn't have a Sponsor Licence yet and will apply soon. My current Tier 4 visa expires on the 30th of Jan (3,5 weeks from today) and based on research, the company will not receive their sponsor licence in less than 3/4 weeks. I've been advised to get my visa application and supporting documents ready, and if get to the stage where it is the last day of your current immigration status, then submit the paperwork on that day including a letter from the employer stating that: i) they have offered me employment, ii) that their sponsor licence application is being processed by the UKVI, and iii) that the will support my application once they get their licence. The letter will replace the CoS temporarily until the company is able to issue it. We will then post this CoS to the UKVI to be considered as part of my application.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Would this be a safe move? How likely is that the UKVI will put my application on hold? What else would you recommend me to do?

Thanks for your help and look forward to reading your comments.

maxoizs

Re: Tier 2 (General) application without CoS

Post by maxoizs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:44 pm

OK so you need to delay everything as much as you could here.
First apply at the last day of your visa, hopefully you'll get your COS number by that time, otherwise you have to mentioned that in your application, and the company need to mention you in their licence application to speed it up as well.

Defiantly your application without CoS will be rejected, but it'll save you sometime.
I've read here that one tried before and delayed the bio-metric photo as well, till he got the CoS number and wrote to the case worker to update his application.

jdpnott18
Newly Registered
Mood:
Columbia

Post by jdpnott18 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi Maxoizs,

Thanks for writing. Two more questions:

1. If the company doesn't have yet a sponsor licence, can I still submit my application with providing the number of the sponsor? The visa application form asks for both, i) sponsor number, and ii) Number of CoS.

2. If I get the CoS but simultaneously my application is rejected. Do I get the chance to resubmit? Do I have to do the application again or will I have to leave the country?

Thank you so much for your help =)

ah00263
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by ah00263 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:33 am

Hi jdpnott18,

I am in the same boat as you, could you please update me what has happened in your case. what are the different options you are thinking of? I tried to apply for a tier 2 without a cos but the website isn't letting me do that:(.

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 pm

jdpnott18 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm
Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been reading a couple of post on this subject but most of them are 2-3 years old. Could anyone please advice on the following?:

I'm currently on a Tier 4 visa and I'm planning to switch to a Tier 2 visa. I have recently received a job offer that meets the UKV criteria in terms of salary, job description, and responsibilities. However, the company doesn't have a Sponsor Licence yet and will apply soon. My current Tier 4 visa expires on the 30th of Jan (3,5 weeks from today) and based on research, the company will not receive their sponsor licence in less than 3/4 weeks. I've been advised to get my visa application and supporting documents ready, and if get to the stage where it is the last day of your current immigration status, then submit the paperwork on that day including a letter from the employer stating that: i) they have offered me employment, ii) that their sponsor licence application is being processed by the UKVI, and iii) that the will support my application once they get their licence. The letter will replace the CoS temporarily until the company is able to issue it. We will then post this CoS to the UKVI to be considered as part of my application.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? Would this be a safe move? How likely is that the UKVI will put my application on hold? What else would you recommend me to do?

what stage is your company at? Have they submitted an application for sponsorship?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

dodzikojo
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by dodzikojo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am

jdpnott18 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm
Hi guys,

Hi, i will like to know if this option worked. Or was there anything else you did to get your visa. Please advice. Thank you

Bilal77
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bilal77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

Any update on such a situation? Does the solution work?

Thank you

Bhanu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bhanu25 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi I am also in a similar position, could you please tell us whether it worked out? Thanks.