ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) has negative effect on Citizenship Application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adublin
Ireland

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) has negative effect on Citizenship Application?

Post by adublin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello board,

I'm naturalised Irish citizen. My wife (non-eu) came to Ireland and gave birth to a child. Our kid is 8 months old now. I'm working full-time and my wife got stamp-4 card and our kid got Irish passport. My wife is a homemaker always.

After 3 years I can apply for my wife's naturalization i know that. But at this moment my earning is not enough to pay for a good apartment rent, bills etc. So i got registered with dublin city council housing and i'm no 637 in the list!

Now council said i can apply for HAP to get support on our rent. My worry is if I do get HAP now, does it going to effect my wife citizen app in 2021 or not? I was never on welfare before but this HAP could put her naturalization app in trouble? Really don't know should I get HAP or not just to be safe in future.

If anyone can tell me what is the wise decision here please, much appreciated.

God bless us all.
India

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) has negative effect on Citizenship Application?

Post by max307 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Certainly it won't help her application but they won't reject on the fact that the family is using social assistance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

adublin
Ireland

Re: Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) has negative effect on Citizenship Application?

Post by adublin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am

max307 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Certainly it won't help her application but they won't reject on the fact that the family is using social assistance.
hi max307, thanks for reply. So if they don't reject the app, you think there is a good chance she will be naturalized in the end? thanks a lot.
India

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:05 pm

adublin wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am
max307 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm
hi max307, thanks for reply. So if they don't reject the app, you think there is a good chance she will be naturalized in the end? thanks a lot.
Yes, INIS takes a pragmatic view on social assistance and others in this forum have been granted Irish citizenship in similar situations.

I would recommend to stay away from any social assistance if applying for Irish citizenship but I guess if there is no other choice then just go with it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

samy030235
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by samy030235 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:33 pm

hi i was apply for my wife irish naturalisation in May 2018 and now i start taking Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) and i'm working and i'm irish citizen and my wife are housewife and i'm main applicant of Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) application and my wife sign Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) application as my spouse and please tell me this payment any effect disadvantage my wife irish naturalisation application.

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 pm

samy030235 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:33 pm
hi i was apply for my wife irish naturalisation in May 2018 and now i start taking Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) and i'm working and i'm irish citizen and my wife are housewife and i'm main applicant of Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) application and my wife sign Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) application as my spouse and please tell me this payment any effect disadvantage my wife irish naturalisation application.
Hi, thanks for reply. In my opinion your wife's app should be fine because in May 2018 you were not on HAP. As per as I know for naturalization they only check last 3 years conditions for a Irish spouse. So she should have no problems.

Just asking where to get the HAP application form? Also what documents are required to get approved for HAP?

I'm already registered on City Council Housing List. Do i need to provide bank statements for HAP?

thanks. God bless.
India