ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Urgent Life in the UK test proof of address question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kee
Newly Registered
Canada

Help! Urgent Life in the UK test proof of address question

Post by Kee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any advice on this one!

I have my test on Saturday and I have all online statements for bank statements, bills, utilities etc and I don't have a UK drivers license.

I do have a mortgage statement from Barclays but don't know if that will be acceptable. I went to HSBC today and asked for a print out and they did that but they said they don't stamp it. does anyone know if that branch specific or the same with all HSBC's? Really worried the mortgage one won't be accepted.

Thanks again for any help you can give on this!

Kate

Andy12
Mood:
India

Re: Help! Urgent Life in the UK test proof of address question

Post by Andy12 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 pm

I took utility bill and a set of bank statements from HSBC - not printed in branch but the paper copy that comes via post. No questions were asked.

NomiKaay

Post by NomiKaay » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:10 am

Kee wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi,

Thanks in advance for any advice on this one!

I have my test on Saturday and I have all online statements for bank statements, bills, utilities etc and I don't have a UK drivers license.

I do have a mortgage statement from Barclays but don't know if that will be acceptable. I went to HSBC today and asked for a print out and they did that but they said they don't stamp it. does anyone know if that branch specific or the same with all HSBC's? Really worried the mortgage one won't be accepted.

Thanks again for any help you can give on this!

Kate
Mortgage statement is fine as a means of address proof.

I have said it numerous times on these threads about online correspondence - I don't think many people can distinguish between the printer in the organisation's office or in your home so print the online statement as it is the same document you will get in the post printed through the organisation's printer.

shaba12
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by shaba12 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am

How did it go? did they accept the mortgage statement?

i have my test tomorrow and the bank wouldnt stamp the statement