ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship for child born outside of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kikike22
Newly Registered
Slovakia

british citizenship for child born outside of UK

Post by kikike22 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Good evening all,

I am an EU citizen and lived and worked in the UK since 2004. In 2006 received a residence permit but it expired in 2011. I am in the process of applying for a British citizenship for my daughter who has also lived in the UK since 2004. Can I do this without and existing residence card or will my application be refused? Also her father (who I am separated from) has became a British citizen in 2017 by naturalisation.

Thanks for any advice.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: british citizenship for child born outside of UK

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Take a look here, it explains it all : https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship
kikike22 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm
Good evening all,

I am an EU citizen and lived and worked in the UK since 2004. In 2006 received a residence permit but it expired in 2011. I am in the process of applying for a British citizenship for my daughter who has also lived in the UK since 2004. Can I do this without and existing residence card or will my application be refused? Also her father (who I am separated from) has became a British citizen in 2017 by naturalisation.

Thanks for any advice.