ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST BRP (BIOMETRIC RESIDENT PERMIT)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imogen
Newly Registered
Australia

LOST BRP (BIOMETRIC RESIDENT PERMIT)

Post by imogen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an actor on the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent (Exceptional Promise) visa, and while in my home country (Australia) I recently lost my BRP. I'm still in Australia and am planning to go back to the UK in 6 weeks time.

I'm in the process of applying for a replacement BRP visa (single entry clearance) and I am hoping you can help with a few of my questions. Thanks (what a great forum).

1. The application is asking me about my "current working status". It gives me the choice of selecting: full-time, part-time, unemployed, student etc. While I've been back in Australia, I have been doing some part-time office temp work, completely unrelated to my visa, just for extra cash. I'm wondering if I should list this? My concerns are -

a) If I list "part-time" and list the office work I am doing, which is unrelated to my visa, will they reconsider my visa? (I am being overly cautious as these applications seem so specific and complicated).

b) If I list "unemployed" instead, will they reconsider my visa for not bringing funds into the country?

2. If I list my date of travel back to the UK on my visa application, (within 6 weeks from now), will I have to travel on this date or within a certain time frame of of my application? If so - I will need to know, so that I can be absolutely sure I am flying back on the date I'm planning.

3. Are there any extra documents I need to bring with me to my appointment to make sure I make the best application? I heard the BRP replacement is pretty straightforward, but I just read about a horror story, so please let me know!

4. Any clues on how to get the replacement visa single entry clearance ASAP?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Imogen