ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Winshee18
India

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Winshee18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Hi , i m just wondering if you received your decision yet??

i have been following your journey.

please let me know !

Hi Josh

No not yet, its being so frustrating.... its been over 3 days that I submitted my application. Considering the weekend, I feel even more worried that the decision might be delayed further.... There is no way to tack the status too...

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

please let me know !

Hi Josh

No not yet, its being so frustrating.... its been over 3 days that I submitted my application. Considering the weekend, I feel even more worried that the decision might be delayed further.... There is no way to tack the status too...
Mine is the same as well, no updates and since Tuesday 13th November.

I suspect,

Either this is not submitted due to technical issues as mentioned by sopra steria staff

Or

UKVI usually attempt to achieve service targets therefore any backlogs will be left as it is while they focus to complete new applications on time.

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello Friends,

I found a ukvcas number 0330 123 199 (standard network charges apply - you can use your free minutes) for any enquiry regarding your application.
They can confirm whether your application has been sent off to ukvi or still pending as I did this morning.

Hope this will help ease some tension.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:05 pm

mehmettem wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:09 am
varma24365 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 am
I am going to Manchester Centre today. Set(o) application and 24hrs service.
Will keep updating.
Thanks please lets us updated.

Appointment completed just now.
No confirmation email.

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 pm

kenvac wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:00 pm
Hello Friends,

I found a ukvcas number 0330 123 199 (standard network charges apply - you can use your free minutes) for any enquiry regarding your application.
They can confirm whether your application has been sent off to ukvi or still pending as I did this morning.

I tried that number but not connecting.

Could you please double check as I think one digit is missing?

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm

kenvac wrote:
Hello Friends,

Sorry the digit missing in above post. Try 0330 123 1199. Keep your UAN handy

charmy244
Newly Registered

Post by charmy244 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Guys, who have not received decision for 24 hours ILR service,

Try calling DX courier service. Home office usually uses DX or Post office. And If you provide your name and address, they can tell you if they have something for you. As DX is the most pathetic service, they won't leave a text or note for your missed mail. I have done it in the past when I didn't receive my BRP for 20 days and it turned out that DX had it since those past 20 days. So Its good to take a chance. I hope you guys get your decision soon :)

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pm

kenvac wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm
kenvac wrote:
Hello Friends,

Sorry the digit missing in above post. Try 0330 123 1199. Keep your UAN handy
Hi Kenvac

Thank you for sharing the number.

I contacted them and they confirmed as application submitted 2200 hours on the 13th November.

They unable to access UKVI data base and not able to comment why I have not received any updates yet as per the next day service standard

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:40 pm

It seems to me that those who reported late decisions from super priority service mostly came to Birmingham service point on 13 Nov. Is there anyone having same problem from other service centers?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Loupiol attended the Premium Centre in London and has not heard anything either!

timipre
Newly Registered

Post by timipre » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm

timipre wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:37 pm
timipre wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 pm
timipre wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm
I am new here and was looking for information on the new system.

I accompanied my husband to the new Birmingham Sopra Steria centre on Tuesday 13th November. He was welcomed as the first customer as we arrived early, waited a few minutes and were allowed in about 8:15 am for his 8.30 appointment. He was customer One and was given a Number One slip which I still have. He applied for LR using the super priority service.

The centre had some difficulty with their machines at first, which was significant for him because he has some visual impairment and could not use the self-service kiosk and so he had to have his image captured by staff.

This was resolved when some staff from the home office who were there intervened. We left after completing the application process at about 10 am, after a staff has scanned his international passport and mine, taken his bio metrics and checked the documents he had uploaded with his application, on their computer (we paid for this service). Then they asked if there was anything he wanted to add before they clicked 'send'. He said no, and they sent the documents electronically to the Home office.

Staff were very kind as were members of the Home Office who were there. Any one who was there between 8.30am and about 10 am when we left the place should remember my husband. It took about an hour and thirty minutes to capture his image as machines temporarily failed, but not the staff, they made up for these machine issues by their kindness, apologies and persistence.

We left after he joked with them that he deserved a service award as their 'longest serving customer.' :D

There was no email acknowledging the documents sent on Tuesday 13th November by Sopra Steria had reached the Home Office. The only email received from the Home office was the acknowledgement email sent after his application form was originally filled and submitted online.

We are now waiting to hear from the Home Office two days after.
Approval letter has arrived: My husband has just received a letter of approval for his ILR application, today, 17 November 2018. He was at Birmingham UKVCAS on 13th November. Received no email or letter until about 45 minutes ago when a letter came from the home office, dated 14th November, confirming approval and delivery of his BRP within 7 days.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm

timipre wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm
timipre wrote:
timipre wrote:
timipre wrote:

I accompanied my husband to the new Birmingham Sopra Steria centre on Tuesday 13th November. He was welcomed as the first customer as we arrived early, waited a few minutes and were allowed in about 8:15 am for his 8.30 appointment. He was customer One and was given a Number One slip which I still have. He applied for LR using the super priority service.

The centre had some difficulty with their machines at first, which was significant for him because he has some visual impairment and could not use the self-service kiosk and so he had to have his image captured by staff.

This was resolved when some staff from the home office who were there intervened. We left after completing the application process at about 10 am, after a staff has scanned his international passport and mine, taken his bio metrics and checked the documents he had uploaded with his application, on their computer (we paid for this service). Then they asked if there was anything he wanted to add before they clicked 'send'. He said no, and they sent the documents electronically to the Home office.

Staff were very kind as were members of the Home Office who were there. Any one who was there between 8.30am and about 10 am when we left the place should remember my husband. It took about an hour and thirty minutes to capture his image as machines temporarily failed, but not the staff, they made up for these machine issues by their kindness, apologies and persistence.

We left after he joked with them that he deserved a service award as their 'longest serving customer.' :D

There was no email acknowledging the documents sent on Tuesday 13th November by Sopra Steria had reached the Home Office. The only email received from the Home office was the acknowledgement email sent after his application form was originally filled and submitted online.

Approval letter has arrived: My husband has just received a letter of approval for his ILR application, today, 17 November 2018. He was at Birmingham UKVCAS on 13th November. Received no email or letter until about 45 minutes ago when a letter came from the home office, dated 14th November, confirming approval and delivery of his BRP within 7 days.

Great, Congratulations. I am still waiting for a decision :( I attended the same centre but at 11:00.... May be mine is in post? - Atleast thats the hope I have now :( :(

naturalize_77
Newly Registered

Post by naturalize_77 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi, has anyone used the new system for a citizenship application? I uploaded all my documents online and went for a premium appointment on Monday in London. Haven't heard anything from Sopra or the home office yet acknowledging my application

mehmettem
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by mehmettem » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:05 pm
mehmettem wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:09 am
varma24365 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 am
I am going to Manchester Centre today. Set(o) application and 24hrs service.
Will keep updating.
Thanks please lets us updated.

Appointment completed just now.
No confirmation email.
Thanks for letting us know.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:28 pm

timipre wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm
timipre wrote:
timipre wrote:
timipre wrote:

Great news! Congratulations!

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:44 am

Hi,
I am in the process of applying ilr 10 years for my wife. Her immigration history is straight forward except one refusal when mine t2 ext was refused. Meanehile at that time i got mine ilr within 7 day of t2 refusal so applied my wifes spouse visa within 14 days of her visa refusal.after applying her she got her visa in 2 months time. Now that she qualify for 10 yrs stay....If i go for same day do i need solicitor to explain the gap of this two months in cover letter? - even though we applied within 14 days rule. Or i cn fill appli form for same day appt and assume HO will not query/reject saying overstayed?
Please any advise will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Kind Regards

twey
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by twey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Has anyone managed to book an appointment at the Croydon centre?
It's scheduled to open next week but bookings don't seem to be open yet :(

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm

jibs wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

please let me know !

Hi Josh

I suspect,

Either this is not submitted due to technical issues as mentioned by sopra steria staff

Or

UKVI usually attempt to achieve service targets therefore any backlogs will be left as it is while they focus to complete new applications on time.

Hi Jibs

Have you heard the outcome yet? This wait is really killing!

Thanks
WInshee18

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Can someone please confirm at what stage of the online application does it ask you to choose between New and Old service? We tried to fill in the form at this link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes . Is that the right link? We are applying for extension of spouse visa. Thanks

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Before you make payment

cutegirl21
India

Post by cutegirl21 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi,

Can someone plesase share new link to attend service centre.

I want to attend the centre for my ILR LR application. I am trying to book its only showing me 6 old centres when i click on them its showing no appointment available in next 45 days.

Can someone please guide how to book appointment of new Service.

Regards

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello Winshee18,
When did you complete the online form and how long after did you get the appointment in Sopra center? Was is within 24 hours ? Thanks
Winshee18 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm
jibs wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

please let me know !

Hi Josh

I suspect,

Or

Hi Jibs

Thanks
WInshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 pm

cutegirl21 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:58 pm
Hi,

Can someone plesase share new link to attend service centre.

I want to attend the centre for my ILR LR application. I am trying to book its only showing me 6 old centres when i click on them its showing no appointment available in next 45 days.

Can someone please guide how to book appointment of new Service.

Regards

You will have to fill in an application for the ILR-LR and once you select and pay for the new service, you will be directed to Sopra Sterial wepage where you register yourself and book your appointment.

Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:03 pm

bhavgarg wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 pm
Hello Winshee18,
When did you complete the online form and how long after did you get the appointment in Sopra center? Was is within 24 hours ? Thanks
Winshee18 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm
jibs wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:

Hi Josh

I suspect,

Or

Hi Jibs

Thanks
WInshee18
I completed my application and appointments were open to me from the next five days. I submitted my application on Thursday and I was able to book an appointment after application from the following tuesday.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi Winshee, do you mean the 5 day lead time is the best you can get at your chosen postcode or you could book elsewhere sooner or could pay higher to get it sooner for the chosen postcode?