ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR new system from November 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shipras
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR new system from November 2018

Post by shipras » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello,

I've been reading documents pertaining to the change in rules in terms of applying online only for ILR for Tier 2 applicants. I had the following question, hope this can be clarified:

Under the 28 days rule, I qualify to apply for ILR from 15th December onwards and I had read somewhere that you can book 45 days in advance of your submission date for premium appointment.
In the light of the current rules, does that mean I can't do this anymore and can only apply online from 15th December onwards and make the relevant bookings under the new steria online system?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Tier 2 to ILR new system from November 2018

Post by mralmssp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 pm

I hope not, I think it only applies to actual appointment when you book. (I could be wrong)

I can only apply from 26 of December onwards, but I have made my payment and filled the form,
I'm going to upload my documents and book the appointment around end of November(I need a date around 28th of December), the new system you can only book 29 days in advance so end of November will be good for me, also will be within the dates of the new centres opening around London.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi, can we submit the online application form and made the payment before we are 28 days prior to the 5 years completion duration?
mralmssp wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 pm
I hope not, I think it only applies to actual appointment when you book. (I could be wrong)

I can only apply from 26 of December onwards, but I have made my payment and filled the form,
I'm going to upload my documents and book the appointment around end of November(I need a date around 28th of December), the new system you can only book 29 days in advance so end of November will be good for me, also will be within the dates of the new centres opening around London.

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 pm

hunterex wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:40 pm
Hi, can we submit the online application form and made the payment before we are 28 days prior to the 5 years completion duration?
mralmssp wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm hoping we can, I did that. I don't know if the rules are as soon as you confirm the application that is your date, or if is the appointment date, I'm hoping it is the appointment date.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:32 am

shipras wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:52 pm
Hello,

I've been reading documents pertaining to the change in rules in terms of applying online only for ILR for Tier 2 applicants. I had the following question, hope this can be clarified:

Under the 28 days rule, I qualify to apply for ILR from 15th December onwards and I had read somewhere that you can book 45 days in advance of your submission date for premium appointment.
In the light of the current rules, does that mean I can't do this anymore and can only apply online from 15th December onwards and make the relevant bookings under the new steria online system?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra
The rule has not changed, the only thing that has changed is the method of processing the application. You are still eligible to apply 28 days before you clock 5 years. With the new service, you will be able to get an appointment within 5 days of your application and can still use the super premium service (equivalence of the premium centre appointment) only that you will get a decision in 24 hours instead of the old same day decision.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:32 am
shipras wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra
The rule has not changed, the only thing that has changed is the method of processing the application. You are still eligible to apply 28 days before you clock 5 years. With the new service, you will be able to get an appointment within 5 days of your application and can still use the super premium service (equivalence of the premium centre appointment) only that you will get a decision in 24 hours instead of the old same day decision.
Hi Djsuccess, yes, I have applied online(filled the form and payed) now I only need to upload my docs and book the appointment.

Should the 28 days be counted on the form submission + payment or appointment ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 am

mralmssp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am
Djsuccess wrote:
shipras wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra
Hi Djsuccess, yes, I have applied online(filled the form and payed) now I only need to upload my docs and book the appointment.

I believe the 28 days count is for the appointment day
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 am

Can anyone confirm under new online system, if we use normal service we must do biometric by appointment at one of 57 centers and no longer be able to do it via post office?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:06 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 am
Can anyone confirm under new online system, if we use normal service we must do biometric by appointment at one of 57 centers and no longer be able to do it via post office?
I haven't used the new system but my understanding is that if you use the standard service, you will need to use the nearest appointment centre to you for your biometrics. Your application fee in the new system includes a £19.20 fee for biometrics. So yes, it's goodbye to post office except Sopra Steria are using Post offices as part of their appointment centres. So far, I have only seen names of cities where the appointment centres will be based, I have not seen the specific address to determine if they will be using post offices or a different arrangement. I guess we will find out when the first set of applications are treated in Manchester this new week.

shipras
Newly Registered

Post by shipras » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Thank you everyone for your response.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, the appointment date should be within the 28 days window.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... 67084.html
mralmssp wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:
shipras wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 pm

hunterex wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 pm
Hi, the appointment date should be within the 28 days window.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... 67084.html
mralmssp wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:
shipras wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra

Thanks for the clarification

Samy2007
Newly Registered

Post by Samy2007 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 am

Hello.can you help me please
I didn't manage to get an appointment for premium service since last week.i need to apply before january but i didn't understand how to apply online on the new systeme.
And can someone advise me if i can apply online and get a premium service appointment as i'm applying for set o after finishing 6 years of dlr

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Samy2007 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 am
Hello.can you help me please
I didn't manage to get an appointment for premium service since last week.i need to apply before january but i didn't understand how to apply online on the new systeme.
And can someone advise me if i can apply online and get a premium service appointment as i'm applying for set o after finishing 6 years of dlr

Complete the online application form here and follow the instructions from there.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm

hi All,

Is it ok that my employer gave me the Employer letter and Travel History in a single file?

The new system wants me to upload 2 different documents. in that case can i upload the combination letter twice?

thanks

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm

shipras wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shipra
Hi Shipra,

Sorry for jumping into your post. I will b applying for my ilr in Jan ‘19. I see that you will be applying by the new system too just a few weeks before me! Is it ok if i get in touch with you (email or whtever ur ok with) to understand how u went through it & ur experience?
Since it is a completely new process, i don hv anyone who can share first- hand experience on this.
Any help would b appreciated. :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Mrunal wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi Shipra,

Sorry for jumping into your post. I will b applying for my ilr in Jan ‘19. I see that you will be applying by the new system too just a few weeks before me! Is it ok if i get in touch with you (email or whtever ur ok with) to understand how u went through it & ur experience?
Since it is a completely new process, i don hv anyone who can share first- hand experience on this.
Any help would b appreciated. :-)
Members are NOT permitted to post personal contact information in the forum.

Post in public so all may benefit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrunal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mrunal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Alright :)

tonic water
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by tonic water » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:07 pm

I received my ILR decision today (5 years Tier 2 route). Happy to share any information.