ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No OCI for Journalists?!!!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

submon

No OCI for Journalists?!!!

Post by submon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

I submitted my OCI application today, but the man at the counter had to ring his manager to see if he could accept my application. He suggested that the Indian High Commission could reject my application as my occupation is a journalist. He also said that I will have to apply for Journalism visa every time I go to India even on holiday if I do not get an OCI. Did anyone know anything about this? Do they rejected OCI applications from Journalists?

submon

Re: No OCI for Journalists?!!!

Post by submon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:32 pm

any help anyone?

submon

Re: No OCI for Journalists?!!!

Post by submon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:53 am

Got this response from the Public Response Unit, High Commission of India, London when I asked about applying for OCI as working as a journalist in the UK... 'You are advised to come for an Open day which is held every Wednesday between 11:00-12:00 hrs.' that's it. just a one line which was not helpful at all.