ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometrics information incorrect

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

biometrics

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 pm

I have received my letter for my biometrics permit to take to the Post Office. All the information is correct, name , address and Date of Birth but they have put Mrs instead of Miss. Can I still go ahead and get this done as the Biometrics card does not state the title or do I need to contact them? Like many other people I work full time and with a time frame to meet it is difficult. I have emailed to the address stated but it came back as failed? I have been working so I have been unable to phone the Home Office. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as it is so stressful especially chasing something which is a mistake they have made.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: biometrics

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 pm

It's fine to go ahead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Are you sure it will be ok as i need to travel over an hour to the nearest post office. Also i resent my email and got an automated reply stating that i would be contacted witin 21 days??? This would then put me outside of the timeframe. I am tempted to travel to get it done but i need to be sure it will all be ok.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm

It is likely a typo. If your name, DOB and all other information is correct, there is NO issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

biometrics information incorrect

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

I sent a post earlier this evening but I am unable to find it. My letter was sent with all the correct details apart from my title which they have put Mrs instead of Miss. I was unsure what to do and as I have to travel over an hour to the closest Post office to process etc. I was advised to go ahead by this forum but I did send another post asking if this is absolutely correct. Please advise asap. Really stressed

eastwood
Mood:
China

Re: biometrics information incorrect

Post by eastwood » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 pm

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem

Report the error, the BRP error team will contact you and ask you to post your card to an address after review of your case, your replacement card will arrived within 10 working days AFTER they receive your incorrect card.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 am

There are no titles on the biometric cards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am

eastwood wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 pm

Report the error, the BRP error team will contact you and ask you to post your card to an address after review of your case, your replacement card will arrived within 10 working days AFTER they receive your incorrect card.
User has been sent a letter to do biometrics not the brp card!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am
eastwood wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 pm

User has been sent a letter to do biometrics not the brp card!!
I was replying to OP’s second post, which has been merged (the 10:28pm one). The post was originally posted under ILR sub-forum and has no mention of ‘biometric’ letter, so I assumed it was the ILR grant letter.