ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Titre de Sejour holder wants to emigrate to Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Leonard12
Newly Registered
Nigeria

French Titre de Sejour holder wants to emigrate to Germany

Post by Leonard12 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:16 pm

hello everyone,

i live in France and my wife is German citizen living and working there in Germany, and i got one year France resident permit through our marriage here in France. please can i move to Germany to join her and work there with my France one year resident permit?if No, do i need to apply for a German resident permit? if Yes, can i still hold my France resident permit and German resident permit?

hope to get Answer from someone.

thanks

Gen-xtargetmarket
Newly Registered

Re: French Titre de Sejour holder wants to emigrate to Germany

Post by Gen-xtargetmarket » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:22 am

You will need a German residency and work permit. It should be relatively straightforward and far more quick than French immigration. However, you didn't state your nationality. Thus, it is an unknown as to whether there is any difficulty for someone of your nationality to immigrate into DE. However, it being a part of the EU and you having been granted a Title de Séjour bodes well.

In short, there is likely no problem.

Leonard12
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Leonard12 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:12 pm

hello,
i'm a Nigerian, and thank you very much. please do you know if Germany would withdraw my France one year resident permit when applying for Germany resident permit? because i would like to have both country resident permit if possible. please do you have any idea regarding the type of documents they will need from me when applying for the Germany resident permit?

thanks

Gen-xtargetmarket
Newly Registered

Post by Gen-xtargetmarket » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:30 pm

I’m not a legal expert in any way.

My intuitions and experiences with immigrating to 3 EU countries gives me the feeling that only your marriage certificate, registered living address and a few other ancillary papers would be needed.

I would guess that your one year Titre de Séjour will remain valid for the duration. I can’t confirm that though.

Less than 1 year in FR and then off to DE? That might sound like a marriage of convenience to the authorities so make sure you have your documentation in order.

Leonard12
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Leonard12 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:39 pm

thanks a lot and i would work towards the rightful documents.