ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR applicants: What further info did the DFA request of you?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bluegill
United States of America

FBR applicants: What further info did the DFA request of you?

Post by Bluegill » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I’m about ready to submit my application. I’ll hve everything that the DFA requests.

Just wondering what types of information has the DFA requested of you? I can’t think of another single document that I could possibly provide on top of the list of documents they request.

Thanks!

bostonceltics
Newly Registered

Re: FBR applicants: What further info did the DFA request of you?

Post by bostonceltics » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:04 pm

I got my and my mothers Passports certified by the Post Office. I sent the photocopies that were certified with my application but the DFA also wanted the form that you fill in (before you get to the counter), which the Post Office stamp.

I sent them over within a day of receiving the e-mail from the DFA and It only held things up by a week in my case.

Good luck for your application Bluegill :)

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Yours is a question I had while I awaited my FBR approval. I've watched this discussion since I applied in April, and occasionally someone would post that they were asked for additional documents, but they usually never explained why.

Recently, jpauls had an issue because he did not originally send long form birth certificates, which were probably missing the names of the parents:
jpauls wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:20 pm
Woke up to an email from DFA. Apparently mine and my mom's birth certificates are the abbreviated version. I'm confused because in the US these are considered the long form birth certificates.
After sending in the long form, jpauls pretty quickly received notice of citizenship approval. BTW, I live in the US, and when I requested birth certificates, I didn't have to do anything to obtain the long form.

Someone else forgot to have his photos notarised/certified.

I think if you send them everything they specify, you won't have any further requests. That means original, long form certificates, properly witnessed and notarised documents. And everything should tie together without raising any serious questions. When you think about it, every document supports another document. For example, your grandparents marriage certificate contains their names as well as your great grandparents names. Your grandparent's birth certificate also has his/her parent's names. So it shows that both certificates are for the same person. So if what you provides documents an unbroken chain, I think you will be successful.

I believe they allow for some discrepancies. Dates may not be exact, for example. The ages listed on my grandparents marriage certificate were incorrect. But that did not result in any questions to me from DFA.
Or maybe your great grandmother's name on your grandparent's birth and marriage certificates is somewhat different (e.g. "Elizabeth" on one and "Lizzie" the other). My grandfather had a middle initial on his death certificate that appears on no other document. Again, my application was approved with no request for additional information or documents. But if your parent's birth certificate names his/her parents as "Michael Shea Margaret O'Malley", but his/her marriage certificate names "John Murphy and Ellen Horan", that would surely be a red flag.

Bluegill
United States of America

Post by Bluegill » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks guys! I’ll give you a timeline soon :)

jpauls
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpauls » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes, the birth certificates I originally provided didn't have the age and current address of my parents or my moms parents on them. I had to request new birth certificates and state that my intended use of them was for dual citizenship so they could send me the ones with that information on them. As Tom mentioned, his originals came with that information already on them. Apparently the state of New Jersey doesn't include that information without requesting it. As long as you have that on your certificates, you should be fine.

Bluegill
United States of America

Post by Bluegill » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm

My birth certificate doesn’t have the current address of my parents. That was over 30 years ago and they’ve moved since then. It has the address of where my parents were living the day I was born. My passport also doesn’t have my current address (although my drivers license and bank statements etc do have my current address).

I didn’t realize this was a requirement? Changing a birth cert to update an address would require a complete amendment of the birth certificate taking over 2 months.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Bluegill wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm
My birth certificate doesn’t have the current address of my parents.... My passport also doesn’t have my current address.
I sent them a copy of my passport, which doesn't have and address. That was not a problem. My birth certificate and my mothers did not have addresses of parents - only their city of residence. I really don't think that is as important as the names of the parents, which provides a solid "connection" to other documents. Residence doesn't do that.

jpauls
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jpauls » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:15 am

Bluegill wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm
My birth certificate doesn’t have the current address of my parents. That was over 30 years ago and they’ve moved since then. It has the address of where my parents were living the day I was born.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the address of where they were living when I was born! As long as it has that and either their birth dates or age when you were born, they'll be perfectly fine.