ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of abode and travelling

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Danear
Newly Registered
Iraq

Right of abode and travelling

Post by Danear » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question my daughter has right of abode in her Iraqi passport and we want to go to her grandparents in Holland for Christmas. I have to a few schengen country embassies and called as well. Some state they only look at her Iraqi passport others say we don't need a visa another say she's travelling with us so no problem. So the question is does she need a visa or not? If yes which papers do I need?

It's all so confusing regarding the right of abode

vinny

Re: Right of abode and travelling

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Safest to get a Schengen visa for her.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Danear
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Danear » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 pm

It's all so confusing now i heard that there is a rule that i can take her without visa? Have you heard of it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:12 am

Unfortunately, the CoE-RoA is only valid for the UK. Iraqi passport holders normally require a Schengen visa.

However, if she can satisfactory demonstrate that she is a family member of a British citizen, then they may let her in, under the Directive, Article 5.
4. Where a Union citizen, or a family member who is not a national of a Member State, does not have the necessary travel documents or, if required, the necessary visas, the Member State concerned shall, before turning them back, give such persons every reasonable opportunity to obtain the necessary documents or have them brought to them within a reasonable period of time or to corroborate or prove by other means that they are covered by the right of free movement and residence.
But traveling to the destination may also present problems?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.