ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension after 31 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saadan
Newly Registered

Spouse leave to enter

Post by saadan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 pm

I am currently on spouse visa which is due to expire in March 2019. I was thinking of applying for an extension in Feb 2019 as I believe you can apply for an extension 28 days before the expiration.

I have to travel to Italy in Feb 2019 as I have to attend a meeting. As per EU immigration I cannot travel to EU if the visa expires in less than 3 months.

Can I apply for Spouse visa extension in December 2018 so 3 months before the expiration date of my visa? If I apply for the priority service, will I get my visa on the same day or I will get my BRP in the post after a week?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse leave to enter

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 pm

You get your brp card by courier within 7 to 10 days usually if you apply in person.

Note that applying early will give you a shortfall for ILR and you might require a 3rd spouse visa extension to cover a couple of months before ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saadan
Newly Registered

Post by saadan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm

So, that’s mean that if we apply in December 2018 which is 3 month before the expiration I will get visa for next 30 months again not 33 months. So there will be a shortfall of 3 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Correct yes.

On what date did you enter the UK on your first spouse visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saadan
Newly Registered

Post by saadan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 am

Entry Date : 6th June 16
Date of issue: 1st June 2016
Date of Expiry : 10th March 2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 am

You should be OK then if you apply as close as possible to 30 months residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saadan
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension 2019

Post by saadan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and I got married to an Indian national. The visa was granted to my wife for 30 months and the renewal is due in Feb’19.

Can you please advise the documents required to apply for an extension. Do I have to show latest utility bills and rental agreement? Do I have to show 6 month bank statement?

I believe I will need the documents below, can you please check

1. Application form
2. Marriage Certificate
3. My bank statement ( as my wife is not working)
4. Utility bills
5. Passport
6. Letter from employer
8. Salary slips
9. Rental agreement
10. Language requirement

Thanks
Best

SR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension 2019

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Is the English requirement at A2 level from an HO approved test centre?

How many utility bills are you submitting??

What evidence of cohabitation for the last 2 years are you submitting??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saadan
Newly Registered

Post by saadan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 pm

English Language requirement - MBA from UK

Utility Bills - recent bills

What to submit for cohabitation for the last 2 years??? Do I have to submit utility bills for the last 2 years as we were living with my family and we moved out of our family house 6 months ago.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 pm

You need 2 years evidence of correspondence to each of you or jointly addressed at the same address. Page 63 and 64 in the link below gives examples of what HO expect to see.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saadan
Newly Registered

Post by saadan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 am

What about the bank statements for both of the accounts ( my and my wife’s) as the address will be the same on both of our bank statements.

Letters from the bank.

Thanks

saadan
Newly Registered

Post by saadan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Visa Questions:
I am applying for my first visa extension using the online application form, it is different from the FLR(M) form. These are some questions I do not seem sure about. I hope someone may be able to help me.

Q: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I believe I need to write my country of birth. I also travelled extensively before getting married. Do I need to include all my trips abroad to China and Italy?

I did my Masters from UK and I stayed in UK for 5 years. Do I need to include that as well?

So, do I have to include every single trip to China, Italy and UK before getting married?

Thanks

saadan
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension after 31 months

Post by saadan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for an extension for my wife after getting married in May 2016. My wife entered the UK in June 2016 as a dependent. I am a British national. I have got a couple of questions regarding the documents I have to submit.

1. From June 2016 until Aug 2018, my wife and I were living with my uncle so we don't have any utility bills in our joint names.

We have got a letter from my uncle and the previous landlord confirming that my wife and I were living at this property with my uncle from June 2016 to Aug 2018

The other documents we can provide to confirm that we were living at this address are:

P60's - for both of us
Salary Slips - both of us
Bank Statements
Electoral Roll card - both of us

The guidelines suggest that we have to submit 6 documents in each of our names to prove cohabitation.

Can you please advise do I have to submit any other documents as proof of cohabitation or the documents mentioned above are sufficient?

Can you please advise about the 6 + 6 evidence for both husband and wife; as to what other proof we can provide?

The guidelines suggest that the evidence of cohabitation should be spread evenly, what does it mean?

From Aug 2018 - till date, as we have moved to a rented accommodation we can provide tenancy agreement, council tax bills, electricity bill are in joint names so we can submit that as a proof.

I am aware that it is a long question but I want to make it sure that I make no errors.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 am

saadan wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm
So, that’s mean that if we apply in December 2018 which is 3 month before the expiration I will get visa for next 30 months again not 33 months. So there will be a shortfall of 3 months.
If necessary, then request they add extra days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa extension after 31 months

Post by ariamus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 am

Electoral Roll card - both of us

Are you sure the applicant is on the electoral roll?
I understood unless you have ILR you cannot vote?

Or is being on the electoral road itself different?

saadan
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa extension after 31 months

Post by saadan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am

Commonwealth citizens get to vote if they are in UK to stay (apart from tourist visa).