ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Dependant(Tier2) to Main applicant(Tier2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oritsema
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Switch from Dependant(Tier2) to Main applicant(Tier2)

Post by oritsema » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:10 am

Hello everyone,
I plan to switch from being the dependant on a Tier 2, to now applying for my own as the main applicant.
Do i still need to show proof of English(as in IELTS) despite showing one 2 yrs ago when applying as a dependant?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Dependant(Tier2) to Main applicant(Tier2)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 am

Do i still need to show proof of English(as in IELTS) despite showing one 2 yrs ago when applying as a dependant?
Yes as for a PBS Dependent visa there is NO requirement to meet the English requirement and HO would have likely ignored your test certificate previously.

Note you cannot 'switch' to tier 2. Switch means changing visas within the UK. You will apply for a new entry clearance visa from home country, which will also reset your clock for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oritsema
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by oritsema » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 pm

thank you very much for the very informative reply. it has cleared so much up.
Is the IELTS UKVI (General training) acceptable for Tier 2 application? or it has to be the ACADEMIC?

oritsema
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by oritsema » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:24 pm

To provide more context to the question above, i have just accepted a job offer to begin training as a GP(Medical doctor)