ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for ILR T1 entrepreneur 5 years rout

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: Requirements for ILR T1 entrepreneur 5 years rout

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

I suggest to challenge this in AR :?:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm
I suggest to challenge this in AR :?:
I didn't get zimba!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:20 am

Sorry I meant that if you apply and get refused you could challenge this in AR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:57 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:20 am
Thank you, will update if apply.

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am

Zimba wrote:
Hello zimba and marcnath could you please see this rule and advise thanks

"Exceptions for overstayers

39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 am

jaz9567 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am
Zimba wrote:

(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
What advice are you looking for. This is the exact paragraph Zimba referred to in his previous reply.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 am
jaz9567 wrote:
Zimba wrote:

(b) within 14 days of:
What advice are you looking for. This is the exact paragraph Zimba referred to in his previous reply.
Hi marcnath
The highlighted area clearly says it covers " overstating period after the refusal of the previous application" according to my understanding. Am I right?

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 am
jaz9567 wrote:
Zimba wrote:

(b) within 14 days of:
Hi marcnath,
I got it under 39E it covers but the problem is variation of the application. Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm

jaz9567 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi marcnath,
I got it under 39E it covers but the problem is variation of the application. Thanks
Again, as already discussed, there is an issue with interpretation here.

It is clear your 2nd application is valid under 39E. It is also clear that if that application is successful, your continuous stay for LR is not affected.

However, as Zimba pointed out, there are some interpretation challenges.

Previously there have been cases where HO has approved LR applications in your situation. But Zimba pointed out a more recent case where they rejected it. You may have to wait to see how the appeal in that case works out to know for sure.
Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm
The rules permit the current and previous period of overstaying to be ignored under paragraph 39E, however the rules on variation might make this complicated.
Date of application: application to vary
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original
application.
This is relevant to whether an applicant has, or will have, 3C leave. For
further information see: Leave extended by section 3C (and leave extended by
section 3D in transitional cases).

However, for PBS applications, where a variation application is made in accordance
with paragraph 34E, then, for the purposes of assessment against the rules, the date
on which the variation is made should be treated as the date of the application
This is why variation to long residence vs SET(O) might be treated differently, given the date of application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jaz9567
Mood:
India

Post by jaz9567 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:21 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm
jaz9567 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi marcnath,
Again, as already discussed, there is an issue with interpretation here.

It is clear your 2nd application is valid under 39E. It is also clear that if that application is successful, your continuous stay for LR is not affected.

However, as Zimba pointed out, there are some interpretation challenges.

Previously there have been cases where HO has approved LR applications in your situation. But Zimba pointed out a more recent case where they rejected it. You may have to wait to see how the appeal in that case works out to know for sure.
Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm
The rules permit the current and previous period of overstaying to be ignored under paragraph 39E, however the rules on variation might make this complicated.
Date of application: application to vary
Where an application is varied, the application date remains the date of the original
application.
This is relevant to whether an applicant has, or will have, 3C leave. For
further information see: Leave extended by section 3C (and leave extended by
section 3D in transitional cases).

However, for PBS applications, where a variation application is made in accordance
with paragraph 34E, then, for the purposes of assessment against the rules, the date
on which the variation is made should be treated as the date of the application
This is why variation to long residence vs SET(O) might be treated differently, given the date of application.
Thank you marcnath