ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Online application form is Wrong

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Natasha0824
Newly Registered
Russia

SET(M) Online Application, Please help

Post by Natasha0824 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Please help!

I was filling in my SET(M) application and when I got to the English Language Requirement my heart sank. For my previous application (marriage, limited leave first 2,5 years and second 2,5 years) I used my ESOL (University of Cambridge) Cambridge ESOL Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International, Council for Europe Level C1 (taken in Moscow, Russia), which was more than needed. I used to put the reference number ( 2letters and 10 numbers) at the bottom on of the Certificate and date of issue.

I presumed I can reuse it, as it's Level C1 and more than required. However, now the application is asking for my IELTS SELT Consortium or Trinity College London....(needs to be ticked) and asking to provide the SELT unique reference number provided by the awarding body.

Does this mean that I cannot use my CAE Level C1 Certificate? My BRP expired in 4 days and I was going to post my application tomorrow. I had no clue that something may have changed in the English Language requirements. Please help!

Kind regards,
Nataliya

charmy244
Newly Registered

Re: SET(M) English Language Requirement

Post by charmy244 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 am

For ILR, You will need English language exam certificate from government approved exams and certificates. You can check here or just google search "ILR english test" and you will find information on Government website.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

raheelakashif2
Newly Registered

Post by raheelakashif2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm

HI

I have same issue. when you click on that link it opens List of approved tests and providers: from 1 November 2018.

Now one more thing to worry about as validity time is only 2 years. I also did my ESOL from University of Cambridge B1 level in 2013. Can i still use it.

Please Clarify

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 pm

raheelakashif2 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm
HI

I have same issue. when you click on that link it opens List of approved tests and providers: from 1 November 2018.

Now one more thing to worry about as validity time is only 2 years. I also did my ESOL from University of Cambridge B1 level in 2013. Can i still use it.

Please Clarify
To use and expired test, it must be from a provider on the HO approved list AND a test on the current approved list.

HO no longer accept esol.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raheelakashif2
Newly Registered

Post by raheelakashif2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Please refer to this link, I think HO can still accep it in the following circumstance.

and refer to the section

If your qualification has run out
and then
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:27 pm

raheelakashif2 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:20 pm
Please refer to this link, I think HO can still accep it in the following circumstance.

and refer to the section

If your qualification has run out
and then
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
BOTH conditions must be met. It is not an 'OR'. If it is NOT on the current list of recognised tests, which ESOL is not, then it cannot be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Natasha0824
Newly Registered
Russia

SET(M) Online Application, Please help

Post by Natasha0824 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello,

Please help... My BRP expires 23/11/2018, which is Friday. I was almost finished with my paper application form when I called HO to check a question about dependents and they informed me they no longer accept the paper version and I have to complete it online. I am completing it now and it is so confusing.

I was planning to rely on my husbands self-employment (obtained HMRC documents) as I am on maternity leave as of February 2018.I was not planning to show any of my payslips, of docs (as per the previous application form). When I got to the question " are you working in the UK" I said yes, it asks me for my monthly salary, payslips, letter from employer to confirm my salary, how long I've been in the role. I do not get anything for my maternity pay from October and I will not see my employer to obtain this letter. I have a letter to confirm that I am on maternity leave.

Why are they asking for this if I am not relying on the financial requirement?

The next question is asks whether my husband works in the UK, when I answer 'YES' it asks for his payslips, letter from employer. He is self-employed and there isn't even an option. What should I Do? I cannot tick that he is not working as we are relying on this main income.

When I got to the last page to pay it asks to choose the new service, UKVCAS, there is a location in Salisbury week commencing 19th Nov, but it does not give any opening times, number, nothing...how do I know there is a slot available?

And if i submit my form online, how long do i have to post my documents?

Sorry, this is just last minute panic. Really appreciate any advice on this.

Natasha0824
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Natasha0824 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 pm
raheelakashif2 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm
HI

Please Clarify
To use and expired test, it must be from a provider on the HO approved list AND a test on the current approved list.

HO no longer accept esol.
Thank you very much for this! Had to rush to Croydon from Salisbury on a Sunday to take the exam, that's done now.

Natasha0824
Newly Registered
Russia

SET(M) Online application form is Wrong

Post by Natasha0824 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Hello,

Please help... My BRP expires 23/11/2018, which is Friday. I was almost finished with my paper application form when I called HO to check a question about dependents and they informed me they no longer accept the paper version and I have to complete it online. I am completing it now and it is so confusing.

I was planning to rely on my husbands self-employment (obtained HMRC documents) as I am on maternity leave as of February 2018.I was not planning to show any of my payslips, of docs (as per the previous application form). When I got to the question " are you working in the UK" I said yes, it asks me for my monthly salary, payslips, letter from employer to confirm my salary, how long I've been in the role. I do not get anything for my maternity pay from October and I will not see my employer to obtain this letter. I have a letter to confirm that I am on maternity leave.

Why are they asking for this if I am not relying on the financial requirement?

The next question is asks whether my husband works in the UK, when I answer 'YES' it asks for his payslips, letter from employer. He is self-employed and there isn't even an option. What should I Do? I cannot tick that he is not working as we are relying on this main income.

When I got to the last page to pay it asks to choose the new service, UKVCAS, there is a location in Salisbury week commencing 19th Nov, but it does not give any opening times, number, nothing...how do I know there is a slot available?

And if i submit my form online, how long do i have to post my documents?

Sorry, this is just last minute panic. Really appreciate any advice on this.

michali
Member of Standing

Re: SET(M) Online application form is Wrong

Post by michali » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:13 am

I can imagine your stress! Not sure what you can do at this point. I dont believe you can post the application so your only option is to find a Centre where you can get an appointment tomorrow! I believe they say you can pay to get a next day appointment? But you may have to travel.

As to the employment section, if you tick 'no' to your own employment, do you then get an option for your husband’s self employment? There must be a self employment option!

Hope someone more knowledgeable corrects me if I am wrong!