ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLY FOR PR NOW OR WAIT UNTIL MARCH 2019? HELP!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BeCarter
Newly Registered
Benin

APPLY FOR PR NOW OR WAIT UNTIL MARCH 2019? HELP!!

Post by BeCarter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm in kind of dilemma right now and confused.

So on November 7th, 2018, I just completed my 5 years residency in the UK but my non-EEA family RC will expire in April 23rd. I'm married to an EEA member. Should I apply for my PR now or wait until end of March 2019 to apply for settled status? Also the future isn't clear as my EEA wife is planning to initiate divorce procedure or move out of the house, however I can't tell when and how long it may take. If I wait until March and apply for settled status, should I still need to be member of EEA family to get the status? Also we have 2 kids and one has completed 5 years stay in November too. Please advise. Thanks

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Re: APPLY FOR PR NOW OR WAIT UNTIL MARCH 2019? HELP!!

Post by Blinxy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,

How long have you been married to your EEA spouse? What is your spouse nationality?

I think it's better for you to apply for renewal of your PR now before you get divorced that will leave you more time to find a plan B. Also you have kids so this will help you to get a PR.

BeCarter
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by BeCarter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:44 am

We got married in 2013 so 5 years already. She is from Poland. However applying for PR means she will need to cooperate with all the paperwork i.e passport, p60 etc... which I'm afraid she'll want to play me around to delay.

Do you mean renewal of my RC or PR? I don't have PR yet. I only have RC for 5 years that will expire in April 2019 however on 7th Nov I've been 5 years here.

BeCarter
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by BeCarter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Any more insights on this! Thanks