ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Vs. Visa Deadline Issues

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kerenski
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Residence Vs. Visa Deadline Issues

Post by kerenski » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi guys, great place!

I'm a EU citizen with a Non-Eu spouse. After our arrival in the country began my quest to do my PPSN, Bank acc., find a place to stay and start a job. I successfully completed these tasks within 1 month after arriving. (Not bad, I think) Then started the hard part - collecting papers for my husband.
He arrived with me with the C-visa for 90 days.
We stayed at a friend's place and their landlord was fine with it, wrote us a letter for the application. We properly arranged bills for the EU1 but apparently our friends lost the lease contract somehow.

Issues:
1st - we are moving out soon, just they have extra long notice period for staying 10 years.
2nd. - letter from PRTB usually take a While (post) and the good nice EU1 is going to trash on November 30th when the big bad EUTR1 is coming to town.
3rd. - December my husband's visa is running out and there is litterally no chance to have any paper to prove his right to stay.
4th. - If my friends tell the landlord they practically have no copy of the contract and request one, can't he use that for his benefit?
I even considered moving out to another place, but this address is on my bank statement and job contract, it might take even more time to sort things out.

Should I just plan my husband's leaving the country, applying for a new visa and reapplying for residence when we move to new place where we'll have all papers? This thought is scary and expensive, please advise.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Residence Vs. Visa Deadline Issues

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm

kerenski wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Hi guys, great place!

I'm a EU citizen with a Non-Eu spouse. After our arrival in the country began my quest to do my PPSN, Bank acc., find a place to stay and start a job. I successfully completed these tasks within 1 month after arriving. (Not bad, I think) Then started the hard part - collecting papers for my husband.
We stayed at a friend's place and their landlord was fine with it, wrote us a letter for the application. We properly arranged bills for the EU1 but apparently our friends lost the lease contract somehow.

Issues:
1st - we are moving out soon, just they have extra long notice period for staying 10 years.
2nd. - letter from PRTB usually take a While (post) and the good nice EU1 is going to trash on November 30th when the big bad EUTR1 is coming to town.
3rd. - December my husband's visa is running out and there is litterally no chance to have any paper to prove his right to stay.
4th. - If my friends tell the landlord they practically have no copy of the contract and request one, can't he use that for his benefit?
I even considered moving out to another place, but this address is on my bank statement and job contract, it might take even more time to sort things out.

Should I just plan my husband's leaving the country, applying for a new visa and reapplying for residence when we move to new place where we'll have all papers? This thought is scary and expensive, please advise.
Apologies in advance if I'm missing something but I don't understand the issue here.

First of all I personally would not recommend for your no-EU spouse to leave the country and reapply for a C visa again, that will set you back months and loads of money. Unless time and money are not an issue for you obviously.

I don't understand why is it that you can't move to your own place? If you move out will have a lease on your name (both of you) and probably few bills (Virgin Media, electricity, gas, house content insurance, etc.). The bank will change your address in a matter of minutes over the phone if you call them and then you just need to log back in and print few statements. Can you open a joint bank account or add your non-EU spouse to your current bank account?

Do you have private medical insurance for you and your non-EU spouse? This is required for EU Treaty Rights and obviously another proof of residence.

Surely you and your non-EU spouse have Irish phone numbers, right? If you do, then that's another proof of residence on both your names.

Can your non-EU spouse maybe get a public library card? There are literally tons of ways I can think of to prove residence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Sunnyhappy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunnyhappy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:07 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm
kerenski wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Hi guys, great place!

Issues:

Apologies in advance if I'm missing something but I don't understand the issue here.

First of all I personally would not recommend for your no-EU spouse to leave the country and reapply for a C visa again, that will set you back months and loads of money. Unless time and money are not an issue for you obviously.

I don't understand why is it that you can't move to your own place? If you move out will have a lease on your name (both of you) and probably few bills (Virgin Media, electricity, gas, house content insurance, etc.). The bank will change your address in a matter of minutes over the phone if you call them and then you just need to log back in and print few statements. Can you open a joint bank account or add your non-EU spouse to your current bank account?

Do you have private medical insurance for you and your non-EU spouse? This is required for EU Treaty Rights and obviously another proof of residence.

Surely you and your non-EU spouse have Irish phone numbers, right? If you do, then that's another proof of residence on both your names.

Can your non-EU spouse maybe get a public library card? There are literally tons of ways I can think of to prove residence.
Hi Max,
Just wanted to clarify on few points you mentioned. Actually, only the rental agreement will have names of both the parties. The bills will be issued only in the name of the person who pays the bill if in case of direct debit payments. So there again only joint names will be mentioned in the bills. Banks will accept account opening applications with a utility bill in the applicants own name and address and will not accept bills in joint names. So here again the person paying the bill can only open an account by showing utility bill as address proof. So in this case, the non eu spouse is not entitled to a utility bill or bank account. He can only avail the PPS and then a driving license. I dont know what is the current scenario though. Hope we get some latest info. Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm

By personal experience I can confirm that joint bills can be obtained from Virign Media, electric companies, phone companies, broadband companies, gas companies and others in Ireand simply by calling them and requesting to add the other person name to the account.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

sanzo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sanzo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm

From my experience, I could add my name in a joint bill for internet (which is paid by direct debit) and I also could open my bank account without bills.