ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying online for Tier 1 Visa. Kind of confused here guys.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cricypop
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying online for Tier 1 Visa. Kind of confused here guys.

Post by cricypop » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Okay so after almost 5 6 months of preparation and scouring this forum for advice, I have decided to apply online for he Tier 1 200K Entepreneur Visa and some things are slightly confusing me. If anyone could help me it'd be great. I am appplying with a partner from outside the UK.

1. Exactly what is the process, we make an online application, we get called for document submission and fingerprints, then presumabaly we get called for an interview, and finally a confirmation from the Home office?. I seem to be missing things here, exactly what is IGH Refund and complex letter?.

2. When exactly will they take out passports ? As far as i can see, there is an option in the country I am applying for us to keep our passports and submit copies, anyone here has done that?.

3. Whats the time line like?, I checked out the itme line post (aplogies if this question is banned here), but there is a mixture between people applying for an extension and applying for the intitla visa so things get confusing.

Anyways, if someone could reply to these you're awesome!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying online for Tier 1 Visa. Kind of confused here guys.

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:38 pm

1. Exactly what is the process, we make an online application, we get called for document submission and fingerprints, then presumabaly we get called for an interview, and finally a confirmation from the Home office?. I seem to be missing things here, exactly what is IGH Refund and complex letter?.
You will apply online and fill the form. You pay your application fees including the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) all online
Generally when applying online, you will get your confirmation letter, application barcode page and Biometrics letter at the same time.
You print the application barcode page and send it along with the documents to the UKVI.
You take the Biometrics letter to a post office branch for Biometrics collection.
You then wait to hear back from HO.

However from 9th November, you can choose to instead book an appointment and submit your documents and Biometrics at one of the new UKVCAS centers in person. They copy your original documents and return them to you.

New UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services Centres Open

The promised timeframe is 8 weeks to decide your application but if it takes longer, you may get a letter saying that it cannot be decided within the promised timeframe as your application maybe complex. This is what people call the 'complex letter'. You may not even get this letter.
Also the online system charges an IHS fees for 3 years (£600) instead of two (£400) per person for a visa extension so applicants should expect a refund of £200 per person when their application is decided. This has led to many on the forum to believe that if they get a refund, their application is decided or it was successful (and that is a false assumption!)
2. When exactly will they take out passports ? As far as i can see, there is an option in the country I am applying for us to keep our passports and submit copies, anyone here has done that?.
Available from 9th November, see link above
3. Whats the time line like?, I checked out the itme line post (aplogies if this question is banned here), but there is a mixture between people applying for an extension and applying for the intitla visa so things get confusing.
The standard timeframe is 8 weeks, however every application is decided on its own timeframe. So no one can tell you what to expect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fou001
India

Post by fou001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my extension end of this month. Can I still choose to make the paper-based application?

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:23 pm

You have to apply online. Paper applications has been stopped
Bizman

cricypop
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cricypop » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:38 pm
You will apply online and fill the form. You pay your application fees including the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) all online
Generally when applying online, you will get your confirmation letter, application barcode page and Biometrics letter at the same time.
You print the application barcode page and send it along with the documents to the UKVI.
You take the Biometrics letter to a post office branch for Biometrics collection.

However from 9th November, you can choose to instead book an appointment and submit your documents and Biometrics at one of the new UKVCAS centers in person. They copy your original documents and return them to you.

The promised timeframe is 8 weeks to decide your application but if it takes longer, you may get a letter saying that it cannot be decided within the promised timeframe as your application maybe complex. This is what people call the 'complex letter'. You may not even get this letter.
Also the online system charges an IHS fees for 3 years (£600) instead of two (£400) per person for a visa extension so applicants should expect a refund of £200 per person when their application is decided. This has led to many on the forum to believe that if they get a refund, their application is decided or it was successful (and that is a false assumption!)
The standard timeframe is 8 weeks, however every application is decided on its own timeframe. So no one can tell you what to expect

Thankyou so much, that made things so much clearer. I applied for my siblings university so alot of things are famliar really.

However, will we make ONE online application or TWO seperatre ones?. Because the application only allows the details of one individual.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am

cricypop wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 am
Zimba wrote:

Thankyou so much, that made things so much clearer. I applied for my siblings university so alot of things are famliar really.

However, will we make ONE online application or TWO seperatre ones?. Because the application only allows the details of one individual.
Two separate applications. Each application is considered on its own merit.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cricypop
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cricypop » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am
cricypop wrote:
Zimba wrote:

Even though we are applying as partners? Wouldnt two partners have ONE applicaion ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:24 pm

cricypop wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am
cricypop wrote:
Zimba wrote:

Even though we are applying as partners? Wouldnt two partners have ONE applicaion ?
Yes, even though ....
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cricypop
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cricypop » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 am

Zimba wrote:

Hi just to clarify, i am applying from OUTSIDE the UK and currently hold no visa to the UK. Not the Same time frame and process I assume? I have all my documentation ready, its just the how to apply part thats confusing me. Apparently, on the website I have to make 2 Seperate applications, then how would I show myself as a partner to someone else?.

The applications asks for my information, then for thre information on the main applicant and how i am related to the main applicant. If i am applying for myself, then i AM the main applicant. Any advice here?..

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am

cricypop wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 am

Hi just to clarify, i am applying from OUTSIDE the UK and currently hold no visa to the UK. Not the Same time frame and process I assume? I have all my documentation ready, its just the how to apply part thats confusing me. Apparently, on the website I have to make 2 Seperate applications, then how would I show myself as a partner to someone else?.

The applications asks for my information, then for thre information on the main applicant and how i am related to the main applicant. If i am applying for myself, then i AM the main applicant. Any advice here?..
As i think I have already mentioned twice, each team member applies on their own. I haven't been through the online application, but I assume it is similar to the paper one. There would be a section which would ask if you are applying as a team and if so, what the details of your team member are.

That is how both the applications will get linked.

cricypop
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cricypop » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am
cricypop wrote:

As i think I have already mentioned twice, each team member applies on their own. I haven't been through the online application, but I assume it is similar to the paper one. There would be a section which would ask if you are applying as a team and if so, what the details of your team member are.

Thats my confusion haha, i chcked out the paper form and it seems to have a part where you can link your partner. The online application has no such part and is very confusing. Aplogies for the questions!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:01 pm

cricypop wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:20 pm
marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am
cricypop wrote:

Thats my confusion haha, i chcked out the paper form and it seems to have a part where you can link your partner. The online application has no such part and is very confusing. Aplogies for the questions!
I am not sure what form you are using.

The online form at visa4uk definitely has a question Will you be part of an entrepreneurial team?, which if you answer Yes, asks for the details of your team member