ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Naturalisation Process | Open Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

New Naturalisation Process | Open Questions

Post by irfanahmad186 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Dear Gurus,,

I got ILR last year on Nov 14th and now applying for Naturalisation. However, as from Nov 2, the process of applying is changed, I have the following questions :

1- Can I apply for the passport at the same time using the new service? If yes, do I have to take the passport forms with me or use the online application for the passport and pay for it separately?

2- Using the new service, Will I get my passports definitely back as I need to travel in Mid of December?

3- Can I still use Nationality checking service through my council?

I would really appreciate your guidance in this regard. Many thanks.

Ahmad

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Re: New Naturalisation Process | Open Questions

Post by irfanahmad186 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:48 am

Hi All,

Please help .

thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:50 am

1. No, apparently not available with new service.

2. Yes.

3. If you can find a council offering appointments for NDRS. Many councils are not taking applications and the service appears to be closing on 30th November.

Note it is only the NDRS offering JCAP and no longer NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

irfanahmad186
Newly Registered

Post by irfanahmad186 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Many Thanks CR001 for your reply.

However, the problem is that you have to choose NEW SERVICE or EXISTING service before Submitting and paying for the application.

If I choose New service, I am not sure ( neither UKVCAS) that I can submit passport application at the same time.
If I use I choose Old service, there is Risk of not getting an appointment early enough for document review.

Therefore Kinda stuck.

Ahmad