ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after ILR online submission and before premium appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 to ILR , Salary hiked 1 week before application

Post by cherry_dasika » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi All,

I am eligible for ILR, but my current salary is £28,500. For ILR, I need £7000 pay rise. My employer has given me the pay rise taking the salary to £35,500 and is now asking me to apply for ILR as soon as possible (within a week of pay rise). Does this increase (£7000) flag up with the case worker ? The employer is also willing to write a letter to justify this increase.

My work involves lot of travel, usually site visits for extended duration's (but well within 180 days in any 12 month duration for 5 year period). When I am on site, I get site allowances which take my salary above the required £35,500. For example for the past 4 months I have been earning nearly 4000£ per month after tax, which is way above £2,222/ month or £35,500/ year after tax.

Should I go ahead. Please help.
Thanks
Cherry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 to ILR , Salary hiked 1 week before application

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Does this increase (£7000) flag up with the case worker ?
Absolutely.

What is your SOC?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm

2127 Production and Process Engineers

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 pm

cherry_dasika wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm
2127 Production and Process Engineers
How long do you suggest I should wait as my Tier-2 visa expires in December 2019. But I can't wait till end of it as I travel outside the country quite a lot, I am near the 180 day limit. Thank you for your help.

Andy12
Mood:
India

Post by Andy12 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:24 pm

You should be on that new salary for at least, and I repeat at least 6 months before applying for ILR. It is highly likely that if you apply before, the caseworker will hold your application for the same period of time. They will then ask for your payslips for the past six months to verify that your new pay is indeed in line with your responsibilities and not increased due to your ILR salary requirement.

Since you have visa until December 2019, my recommendation is to apply in June/July 2019. Good luck!

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 am

Thank you Andy12, CR001 for the advice. I will keep everyone updated on it.

kirankumar11
Newly Registered

Post by kirankumar11 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am

As Andy said you need to be atleast 6months on the new pay rise and also don't forgot your salary details need to update on the SMS otherwise it will be a problem when you apply for your visa. i have the same situation where my company not updated any of my details in SMS which causing lot of issues with my visa application processing... so make sure all updated in SMS .. all the best.

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Travel after ILR online submission and before premium appointment

Post by cherry_dasika » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi all.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated. My 5 years on Tier-2 visa complete on 13.12.2018. (28 day period started on 15.11.2018). I want to book a premium appointment on 4th Jan Jan 2019. My questions are -

- Can I submit the application online on 28.11.2018(~40 days before appointment) and book a premium
appointment on 4th Jan 2019 ?
- Can I travel outside UK (holidays/flights booked) after I submit my application online ? I will still be within
180 day limit.
-The above holiday will not be on the application, but is still approved by the employer and is an authorized leave. Is this acceptable ?

I want to apply in the first week of January as a compulsion as I will be away on a business trip outside U.K for nearly 25 days. This means I will also exceed the 180 days limit if I don't apply before the trip in January.

Please help. Thank you.

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travel after ILR online submission and before premium appointment

Post by cherry_dasika » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:15 am

Anyone please reply to this post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:20 am

After Thursday, there will no longer be a premium same day service, it is closing and you will have to use the new service which doesn't have same day decision.

Also note that you might as you have had a large sudden salary increase shortly before applying for ILR, your application might be put on hold for HO to investigate etc.

Topics Merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank you CR001.

I tried explaining my situation to the company but yet they are not convinced. They say its a business need and are desperate to send me on a business trip. They will also issue a letter stating that the timing of pay rise is purely coincidental.

In the new system -

a. I cannot add holidays until they have passed to book an appointment. I am going outside UK on 02.12.2018 and coming back on 29.12.2018. So can I submit the application without this holiday and later at the time of appointment I enclose a cover letter ?
OR
b. Do you suggest I wait till 29.12.2018 and book an appointment for 4 Jan 2019 ? Will i get appointments in such short notice?

Please help.

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 am

Hi All,

I went ahead and made a super premium application at Sopra Steria, Birmingham on 2-Jan-2019. I uploaded all the documents before hand.
I want to give a brief account what happened and the timelines.

Date - 02-Jan-2019
10:00 am - Appointment
09:30 am - Reached Sopra Steria, Birmingham. Lots of parking space available.
09:50 am - Issued with a token number at the entrance. After taking the token, you need to report to the
staff inside.
10:10 am - I was called for the biometrics enrollment. You need passport and appointment letter. After that
i was asked to wait for documents checking.
10:25 am - I was called for document checking. The lady at the counter scanned the passport (all pages) and
looked through the documents I uploaded. She didn't ask for the originals. Ideally she should.
10:35 am - After checking the documents and biometrics, she said she will submit the documents. She did
not answer any questions related to the outcome.
10:40 am - I was back in the car park.
After submission, reading other threads, I understood it will take at least 3-4 days for outcome.
Date - 03-Jan-2019
I got an email from the case working at 10 am saying my ILR has been granted and the BRP will follow soon.

It's a huge relief. Thank you all for the advice and support at the right time. Good luck with all your applications.

rameshusrajan
Newly Registered
India

Post by rameshusrajan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Dasika,

Congrats on getting your ILR. So are you saying that, you applied online for a premium service, traveled before your biometrics appointment and still got your ILR granted? Also can you please confirm if you have used the new system? (I understand the changed the system around dec 2018).

I am on a similar situation so it will be of great help.

Thanks
Ramesh