ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR is on an expired passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adamcrookes
Newly Registered
Mood:

My ILR is on an expired passport

Post by adamcrookes » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi All,

I have recently passed all requirements for a job. The snag is that they say my ILR is on an expired passport. I had presented a current, valid passport as well as the expired one that have the endorsement. I has also issue them with the ILR letter that was issued to me. I am being told that I need to apply for a BRP before the job offer can be made to me. The application period can last for 6 months and there is no slots to use the premium service for 45 business days.
I have been working for another company for 15 years and just recently left. Can the ILR letter not qualify as an immigration status document on which the company can run an ECS if they so wish?
Can anyone kindly clarify for me, please.

Regards

Adam

Andy12
Mood:
India

Re: My ILR is on an expired passport

Post by Andy12 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 pm

adamcrookes wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Hi All,

I have recently passed all requirements for a job. The snag is that they say my ILR is on an expired passport. I had presented a current, valid passport as well as the expired one that have the endorsement. I has also issue them with the ILR letter that was issued to me. I am being told that I need to apply for a BRP before the job offer can be made to me. The application period can last for 6 months and there is no slots to use the premium service for 45 business days.
I have been working for another company for 15 years and just recently left. Can the ILR letter not qualify as an immigration status document on which the company can run an ECS if they so wish?

Regards

Adam
The ILR letter does not qualify as an immigration status document. However, your employer, should they choose to, can use the employer checking service to verify your work rights. This should not bar them.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:58 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adamcrookes
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by adamcrookes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:50 am

Andy12 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 pm
adamcrookes wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Hi All,

Regards

Adam
The ILR letter does not qualify as an immigration status document. However, your employer, should they choose to, can use the employer checking service to verify your work rights. This should not bar them.
Thanks Andy. I will suggest that to them and see.

Regards

Adam

adamcrookes
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by adamcrookes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:58 pm
See also Transfer of my NTL into Biometric card.
Cheers Vinny. I have applied for the BRP last night but it can take up to 6 months to consider. I was hoping that they can run checks on my handed documentation prior to me receiving the BRP.

Regards

Adam

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:55 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.