ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA for Naturalised UK Citizen but was refused Visa in Past

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mh14
Newly Registered

ESTA for Naturalised UK Citizen but was refused Visa in Past

Post by mh14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi All,

I'm recently naturalised as UK citizen but around 4 years ago I was refused a US tourist visa and the reason given was that I was unable to prove strong enough ties to the UK during my US visa interview, as I was fairly new into UK. The refusal happened on my Pakistani passport.

I now hold dual nationality and now curious to know whether I'm eligible to use ESTA to travel (as I have British passport too) or I'll need to apply for tourist visa every time I need to travel to US.

My confusion is because while answering questions for ESTA there is question which asks whether I've been refused US visa before.

Thanks,

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: ESTA for Naturalised UK Citizen but was refused Visa in

Post by MPH80 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:59 pm

As a BC you can use ESTA. The only way to know if the previous refusal (which you should declare!) will affect you is to apply and see what happens.

uddinriaz

Re: ESTA for Naturalised UK Citizen but was refused Visa in Past

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am

Hi,
did you apply us visa, how did you apply ESTA or in embassy let us know what happnd?
mh14 wrote:
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 pm
Hi All,

I'm recently naturalised as UK citizen but around 4 years ago I was refused a US tourist visa and the reason given was that I was unable to prove strong enough ties to the UK during my US visa interview, as I was fairly new into UK. The refusal happened on my Pakistani passport.

I now hold dual nationality and now curious to know whether I'm eligible to use ESTA to travel (as I have British passport too) or I'll need to apply for tourist visa every time I need to travel to US.

My confusion is because while answering questions for ESTA there is question which asks whether I've been refused US visa before.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ESTA for Naturalised UK Citizen but was refused Visa in Past

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:49 am

uddinriaz wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am
Hi,
did you apply us visa, how did you apply ESTA or in embassy let us know what happnd?
mh14 wrote:
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 pm
Hi All,

Thanks,
Please do not tag onto 4 year old topics. The member has not logged into the forum since posting this.

Start your own topic please with your circumstances and questions.