ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Winshee18
India

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

kenvac wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:26 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 pm
Hi Kevac and Winshee, sorry to hear that you have not heard anything! Some people suggested calling DX Courier - letters might have been with them. Keep us updated on your outcome! Good luck.
Hi ilovethebeatles

I have tried that, but no luck. they dont have it yet. generated a support ticket calling the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre on Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Hi Winshee18,

We both seems to be on same boat. Did you get any information calling UKVI? Can they tell you the status or decision or letter dispatch time?

My wife is getting impatient now.

Regards,
kenvac
No, they said only home office can give outcome and thy cannot provide anything. With support ticket, I am still waiting to hear from them. will keep you posted.

Regards
Winshee18

kerboodle
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kerboodle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 pm
kerboodle wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm
Had my appointment on 13th my approval letter and my BRP just came through the post around midday despite the superiority service! TBH i don't even mind anymore. I am over the clouds right now cos all that matters it has been approved. I never had any correspondence with them after I submitted it till now so I'm sure you other waiting like winshee, will hear back soon! Its a new system, I'm sure they're sorting out the kinks
Hi kerboodle

Congrats!! I still waiting. DO they have a date as when they made a decision? If I may ask, did this come through UPS or DX?

Thanks
WInshee18

yeah, the decision date on my letter is 15th so they took 2 days to get to my application i guess. It came with Royal mail

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:15 pm

kerboodle wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 pm
kerboodle wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm
Had my appointment on 13th my approval letter and my BRP just came through the post around midday despite the superiority service! TBH i don't even mind anymore. I am over the clouds right now cos all that matters it has been approved. I never had any correspondence with them after I submitted it till now so I'm sure you other waiting like winshee, will hear back soon! Its a new system, I'm sure they're sorting out the kinks
Hi kerboodle

Congrats!! I still waiting. DO they have a date as when they made a decision? If I may ask, did this come through UPS or DX?

Thanks
WInshee18

yeah, the decision date on my letter is 15th so they took 2 days to get to my application i guess. It came with Royal mail
Ok, thanks. I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

cutegirl21
India

Post by cutegirl21 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 am

Hi Gurus/Kind Member,

I have a couple of questions, it will be soo helpful if you guys will reply to my questions.

1. My file is still under process under Tier 1 Entrepreneur, and I have to now vary my application under ILR 10 years route, can I attend that Super Premium Service for SETLR, when my file is under process and can I vary using super premium 24 Hours service?

2. What date will be considered for my ILR application 10 years consideration the time I apply on UKVCAS website and pay for my ILR or the date I attend the Sopra Centre?

3. How quick you guys get appointments, like hope you guys remember in the old system I saw people were struggling to get appointments even 4 months early?

4. I am looking you guys have not given anything to Sopra staff was wondering what you guys did to your old status BRP which was getting expire? do they ask to destroy it or to send back to HO?

Giammy
Newly Registered

Post by Giammy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 am

TD84 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm
Giammy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm
I have logged a complaint and now I can see the Croydon Core centre available for booking.
Yeah, I saw that as well. Did you book it?I might hold off and wait for the Sheperd’s Bush or Victoria one as they said they will be fixing it today.
They didn't fix that. Those centres are still not available.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm
jibs wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am

Hi , i m just wondering if you received your decision yet??

i have been following your journey.

please let me know !

Hi Josh

No not yet, its being so frustrating.... its been over 3 days that I submitted my application. Considering the weekend, I feel even more worried that the decision might be delayed further.... There is no way to tack the status too...
Mine is the same as well, no updates and since Tuesday 13th November.

I suspect,

Either this is not submitted due to technical issues as mentioned by sopra steria staff

Or

UKVI usually attempt to achieve service targets therefore any backlogs will be left as it is while they focus to complete new applications on time.

Hi Jibs

Have you heard the outcome yet? This wait is really killing!

Thanks
WInshee18

Hi Josh

Finally, I have just received my approval letter (Royal mail) stating my BRP will arrive in 7 working days.

The letter was dated 17th November whereas I went for the interview on the 13th NOvember at Birmingham.

Best
WInshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

I got my SER-LR approved. Had the letter from home office today but dated 17th Nov. As you can see above I attended Sopra Steria centre on the 13th Nov for super premium service , and they made decision on 17th. I did not have any other communication from home office. I was advise I will get my BRP in 7-10 days.

Good look for people that are waiting.
Winshee18

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi Winshee18,

Congrats, thanks for the update.

I am waiting for the decision.

I applied on 16th , it is set (o), hopefully it will be on or before this friday.

thanks
Varma

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Congratulations!! Finally your wait is over :)
I guess the decisions are delayed due to system problems perhaps.

I am still waiting for mine to come through.

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:21 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

I got my SER-LR approved. Had the letter from home office today but dated 17th Nov. As you can see above I attended Sopra Steria centre on the 13th Nov for super premium service , and they made decision on 17th. I did not have any other communication from home office. I was advise I will get my BRP in 7-10 days.

Winshee18

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

Winshee18
Hi Winshee18,

Congrats, Do you have plan to claim for super premium service charge, because You did not receive home office decision within 24 hrs. So I think Its better You should write an email to home office.
For any questions relating to these new services;
Other customers can e-mail FrontEndServicesTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk

Regards,
Sohail

General1905
India

Post by General1905 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi ,
Any updates on the new service center which were starting from 19th Nov.
I cant find any of the center except croydon center.

Please let me know if anyone have any idea about it.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Congratulations Winshee! It looks like that they had to work on Saturday (17th Nov). It seems they have got too many applications more than they had expected when promising 24 hours turnaround.
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Josh

Finally, I have just received my approval letter (Royal mail) stating my BRP will arrive in 7 working days.

The letter was dated 17th November whereas I went for the interview on the 13th NOvember at Birmingham.

Best
WInshee18

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm

I have not restarted the application two times, once in Chrome and once in IE.
Still not getting any options for any new Sopra system, only the old service.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm
Congratulations Winshee! It looks like that they had to work on Saturday (17th Nov). It seems they have got too many applications more than they had expected when promising 24 hours turnaround.
Winshee18 wrote:

Hi Josh

Best
WInshee18

Hi ilovethebeatles

Yes, but they have to do since they are already in delay... I feel relieved.

Regards
Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm

sohailghani wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

Winshee18
Hi Winshee18,

Congrats, Do you have plan to claim for super premium service charge, because You did not receive home office decision within 24 hrs. So I think Its better You should write an email to home office.
For any questions relating to these new services;
Other customers can e-mail FrontEndServicesTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk

Regards,
Sohail
Hi Sohail

THanks, yes I am thinking that - especially for the amount of stress I had.

Regards
Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:30 pm

kenvac wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 pm
Congratulations!! Finally your wait is over :)
I guess the decisions are delayed due to system problems perhaps.

I am still waiting for mine to come through.

Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

Winshee18

Hi Kenvac

Thanks, yes - but they should have been prepared for it. Atleast they could have given an update to put our minds at rest!

Regards
Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:31 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:39 pm
Hi Winshee18,

Congrats, thanks for the update.

I am waiting for the decision.

I applied on 16th , it is set (o), hopefully it will be on or before this friday.

thanks
Varma
Thanks, I guess its a matter of wait for you.

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm
Sorry suppose to "now restarted" not "not restarted"

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:

Hi Josh

Best
WInshee18

Hi ilovethebeatles

Regards
Winshee18
*****************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************
Hi Winshee18,
Congrats,
Will u be able to share the application form questions? or guide me where I can find as it is online now.

I am about to apply for my wife's ILR 10 years, there is one refusal in her previous t2 dependent visa extension, but we reapplied within 14 days. Not sure if this needs to be mentioned on Cover letter.

Did u made application for ilr 10years by urself or with the help of solicitor?

I will be very thankful if u can reply.

Kind Regards,

dpkusa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dpkusa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

bhavgarg wrote:
Which visa type are you applying for? I still have the same problem, applying for FLR(M)

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 pm

dpkusa wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Which visa type are you applying for? I still have the same problem, applying for FLR(M)
Family Route - Spouse Visa Extension

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Congrats Winshee
Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:21 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:

Hi Josh

Best
WInshee18

Hi ilovethebeatles

Regards
Winshee18
Hi Winshee18,
Congrats,
Will u be able to share the application form questions? or guide me where I can find as it is online now.

I am about to apply for my wife's ILR 10 years, there is one refusal in her previous t2 dependent visa extension, but we reapplied within 14 days. Not sure if this needs to be mentioned on Cover letter.

Did u made application for ilr 10years by urself or with the help of solicitor?

I will be very thankful if u can reply.

Kind Regards,

Hi

Mine was a straight forward application, so I did it all by myself.

dpkusa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dpkusa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm

bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 pm
dpkusa wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Family Route - Spouse Visa Extension
I think there is a problem with this visa type, but their technical support team keeps saying there is no issue. I am not sure what to do - can anyone advise?

Macie23
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Macie23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi dpkusa,
I am having the same problem as you applying for the family visa extension FLR (M) as well. Was not aware of the new system when starting my application online last weekend, went all the way to paying my IHS surcharge. Since then, only the old premium centres keep on appearing for booking with no options for the new ones. Any help appreciated. About to contact technical help as well.