ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info needed for Change in WP Employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

6pandn21
Nepal

Info needed for Change in WP Employment

Post by 6pandn21 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Hello members,

I have some questions regarding the change of work permit. Hope I will get some assistance.

I have a job in a company and another company is asking me to come to their company for the same position. I have a 3 yrs permit which expires in abt 9 months.

1. Will i need anything else then my passport and current permit photocopy?

2. I have not notified my current employer and I want to know if I need to notify my current employer or will he be notified by any other means?

3. And finally can you please provide me some relevant link where I can get more information about these rules and regulations?

Thank you
6pandn21

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu May 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Your new employer should apply for a new work permit for you before he employs you. It will be illegal on your part to work for the new employer on your old work permit.
You can find more information on http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk which is the official website for UKBA.

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Hello dnicky and members!

First of all thank you for your reply. But I guess there was a misunderstanding regarding the question. I am not thinking about working with my current work permit for the new employer. My new employer is ready to apply for a new permit and I wanted to know if my current employer needs to be notified by myself or will he be notified by any government agencies about the new permit application from my new employer on my behalf?

Thank you
6pandn21

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri May 30, 2008 2:10 pm

As soon as you sieze working for your current employer it is the duty of your current employer to inform HO about your status, So much so before you start working for the new employer, your new employer should apply for a new work permit and get it approved.

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:08 pm

Hello dnicky!

Thank you for your invaluble help. I still have a question to get some of your time. The matter of fact is I am thinking about applying for new permit while still working on the current job and changing to new job if my my new permit application becomes succesful. I am thinking about notifyinf the current employer about this only if my new permit application is successful. As you can see I am not completely being honest here but I have my reasons which I do not think should be the part of my question. Still if you think I need to mention, I wont have any problems to mention it.

Once more, my sincere gratitude for your time.

With Regards,
6pandn21

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 pm

6pandn21 wrote:Hello dnicky!

Thank you for your invaluble help. I still have a question to get some of your time. The matter of fact is I am thinking about applying for new permit while still working on the current job and changing to new job if my my new permit application becomes succesful. I am thinking about notifyinf the current employer about this only if my new permit application is successful. As you can see I am not completely being honest here but I have my reasons which I do not think should be the part of my question. Still if you think I need to mention, I wont have any problems to mention it.

Once more, my sincere gratitude for your time.

With Regards,
6pandn21

You dont have to mention anything to your current employer until you get your new work permit approved, thats is absolutely fine
Magsi