ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship + Passport using online form and NDRS & JCAP service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cocoa
Mexico

British Citizenship + Passport using online form and NDRS & JCAP service

Post by Cocoa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello,

I am in the process pf applying for British Citizenship through NDRS (online form). These are my questions:

1. Do you have to print the referee pages before you pay or submit the application)?

2. I saw a note online that after 5th Nov 2018 you don't have to attach a photo of the applicant anymore on the referee pages. Is that correct?

3. I was doing a mock up booking for the NDRS & JCAP services but I couldn't see how to add the JCAP booking and fees. How does this work? Does an option pop up once you have first paid for the NDRS appointment?

4. The online form asks for 10 years of employment history in the UK. I lived in the UK before the 6+ years I have lived here as the spouse of an EEA National. Therefore I have around 10 years of employment history (with a break in between when I went back to my home country to plan the wedding and get married). Do I still have to provide ALL my employment history even if some of it took place prior to the years I have lived here with a Family Permit, Residence Card and now BPR?

trilobite1981
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship + Passport using online form and NDRS & JCAP service

Post by trilobite1981 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Cocoa wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Hello,

I am in the process pf applying for British Citizenship through NDRS (online form). These are my questions:

1. Do you have to print the referee pages before you pay or submit the application)? You will only get an option to download and print the referee declaration after submit the online application form.

2. I saw a note online that after 5th Nov 2018 you don't have to attach a photo of the applicant anymore on the referee pages. Is that correct? I applied before that date. So, I am not sure but if that's the case it would be clearly explained and there wouldnt be a square to stick the photo.

3. I was doing a mock up booking for the NDRS & JCAP services but I couldn't see how to add the JCAP booking and fees. How does this work? Does an option pop up once you have first paid for the NDRS appointment? NDRS and JCAP are options provide by a council and nothing related to the online Naturalisation form. Some councils may have option to book the appointments online but mine doesn't. So I had to ring them and ask about the NDRS and JCAP. It's nothing complicated, usually they ask whether you need to send the passport application form along with the supporting documents.

4. The online form asks for 10 years of employment history in the UK. I lived in the UK before the 6+ years I have lived here as the spouse of an EEA National. Therefore I have around 10 years of employment history (with a break in between when I went back to my home country to plan the wedding and get married). Do I still have to provide ALL my employment history even if some of it took place prior to the years I have lived here with a Family Permit, Residence Card and now BPR? I had more than 10 years of employment in the UK. So, I really can't remember. Read the question properly and see whether there are any indication of asking only about the UK jobs or not. If not you can enter the jobs you've done abroad as well. However, keep it mind that the employment is not a requirement for naturalisation. So, relax and go ahead. 👍

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:18 pm

trilobite1981 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:18 pm
Cocoa wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Hello,

1. Do you have to print the referee pages before you pay or submit the application)? You will only get an option to download and print the referee declaration after submit the online application form. No, you can download and print them off at Declaration Stage 4 and just as long as you don't go to Stage 5 Pay, you can go back and forth and edit your answers etc. Doing this enables you to get your Referee Forms completed prior to Submission and Payment.

4. The online form asks for 10 years of employment history in the UK. I lived in the UK before the 6+ years I have lived here as the spouse of an EEA National. Therefore I have around 10 years of employment history (with a break in between when I went back to my home country to plan the wedding and get married). Do I still have to provide ALL my employment history even if some of it took place prior to the years I have lived here with a Family Permit, Residence Card and now BPR? I had more than 10 years of employment in the UK. So, I really can't remember. Read the question properly and see whether there are any indication of asking only about the UK jobs or not. If not you can enter the jobs you've done abroad as well. However, keep it mind that the employment is not a requirement for naturalisation. So, relax and go ahead. 👍 Yeah, if I recall correctly it says that they want for your time in the UK in the question?

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:02 am

Ancestor wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:18 pm
1. Do you have to print the referee pages before you pay or submit the application)? You will only get an option to download and print the referee declaration after submit the online application form. No, you can download and print them off at Declaration Stage 4 and just as long as you don't go to Stage 5 Pay, you can go back and forth and edit your answers etc. Doing this enables you to get your Referee Forms completed prior to Submission and Payment.
Please apologise me what Ancestor said is correct.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Many thanks both for your input.

Re Q4. I just want to clarify that I lived and worked in the UK (as a student and then with a post-study visa) before getting married and spending a few months abroad. I re-entered the UK as the spouse of an EEA citizen after that. So I want to double check if I have to include my employment before I came back. I guess I should as it would fall into the 10 years prior to my application ... no matter if there was a gap in which I moved away?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Cocoa wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:17 pm
Many thanks both for your input.

Re Q4. I just want to clarify that I lived and worked in the UK (as a student and then with a post-study visa) before getting married and spending a few months abroad. I re-entered the UK as the spouse of an EEA citizen after that. So I want to double check if I have to include my employment before I came back. I guess I should as it would fall into the 10 years prior to my application ... no matter if there was a gap in which I moved away?
Employment is not a requirement for Naturalisation, so rather list all employment in the UK. Only EU applicants are requested to submit employment evidence only as evidence of residence. Non-EU applicants would normally have a date stamp on their visa in their passport when they arrived and subsequent entries to prove residence. Rather answer the question as asked as you don't want them to check and possibly refuse for deception or something.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I have a couple other questions:

I. The form asks if my husband is Naturalised (he is a dual Irish/British citizen, born in Dublin but his dad got him a British passport when he was a teenager because he was British). Technicaly I believed he would be 'Registered' not 'Naturalised' as British because his dad was British and he did al the paperwork for him? I asked hi if he had a citizenship/naturalisation certificate and he doesn't, he only has a British Passport.

II. In the employment history section:

- I have to include the tax office reference number, is this the same as my tax code? It is supposed to be on my payslips but I can only see the tax code. If I cannot find this on my payslips I guess I just have to ask my employer's finance department or HR?

- How do I enter self employment? I have been self employed on and off from 2009 to 2016. Should I indicate this by financial year or with exact dates ( I would have to do a lot of digging-in my records)

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Cocoa wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:30 pm
- I have to include the tax office reference number, is this the same as my tax code? It is supposed to be on my payslips but I can only see the tax code. If I cannot find this on my payslips I guess I just have to ask my employer's finance department or HR?
You need to ask from HR. it looks like 'ABC 123/D456'
ABC is the short abbreviation for my office and this is in my payslips.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Many thanks! I have got all the tax office reference numbers now.

Does anyone have any input about my other 2 questions:

I. The form asks if my husband is Naturalised (he is a dual Irish/British citizen, born in Dublin but his dad got him a British passport when he was a teenager because he was British). Technicaly I believed he would be 'Registered' not 'Naturalised' as British because his dad was British and he did al the paperwork for him? I asked hi if he had a citizenship/naturalisation certificate and he doesn't, he only has a British Passport.

II. In the employment history section:
- How do I enter self employment? I have been self employed on and off from 2009 to 2016. Should I indicate this by financial year or with exact dates ( I would have to do a lot of digging-in my records)