ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR decision pending due to salary hike

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

ILR decision pending due to salary hike

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi All,

Today I applied for ILR under premium service at Croydon Office, ( I applied for ILR throur Tier 2 General 5 years route) after I gave my biometrics at 9.0 AM and I was waiting in the cafeteria until 11.00 AM and I got a phone call from case work and she raised couple of question.

1Q. Your marterial status is married, you have not mentoned about your dependent visa.
Ans: I answered my wife having valid visa until Dec 2019 , then case worker said okay thats fine (for me and my wife having valid visas until Dec 2019, here I am the main applicant)

2Q. Your salary is increased to 36,500.00 since Aug and in your Cos it shows 31,000.00, do you have any reason for this hike.
Ans: Yes my salary was increased to £36,500.00 and I have a letter from the employer and in the letter it clearly says the reason for salary hike (salary increased due to my good performance.

3Q. Can you submit that letter to me.
Ans: I said yes and submitted the letter to the case worker.

I was waiting in the cafeteria and after 35 mins again I got a phone call from the same case worker and she gave me a letter and she kept all my documets with her-“ The letter says your application is valid but there are further enquiries thar need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.”

I asked case worker, how long it takes to do this - she said it may takes weeks or months.

/*
SET (O) Application
And Supporting documents I,ve submitted to the case worker:
Passport, BRP card,
3 months ply slips.
3 Months bank statements(Aug, Sep and Oct pay slips).
Employer letter.
Salary Appraisal letter for £36,500.00
Life in UK certificate.
Uk Masters certificate.
2 Photos.
*/

I am so disappointed, As I have travelling plans, my grand fater is not feeling well, he is in 80,s. He wants to see me, I thought once i got ILR I will spend some time with him, I paid £3075.00 for same day service, but still i didn,t get decision on the same day.My employer informed to Home office regarding my salary hike.

Every thing is very clear and genune from side but still case worker gave me that letter.

Anyone gone through similar situation or known. Howmuch time generally takes in such situation. To whom we have to enquire regarding the same.

Please can anyone help me in this and advise me Can I do anything from my side.

Many Thanks in advance & your help is much appreciated🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR decision pending due to salary hike

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Many have gone through this, particularly the old Tier 1 General with tax amendments and Tier 2 General who had sudden large increases shortly before ILR.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-peo-defe ... -1840.html

Yes, HO has been very aware of the sudden increases to meet the ILR requirement for at least years now and have been hot onto this as it is an instant red flag and had you posted this question with your original absence for ILR query, you would have been told this and advised to wait a couple of months at least.
Many sponsors have had visits etc in such circumstances and your premium application has now become a postal one. How long it takes, no one can say, some got replies quickly, others are waiting a couple of months. Nothing you can do now but wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:35 pm

It is very unfortunate to hear. Why did they know your salary hike if you had not mentioned it because they require only the latest payslip and bank statement?
jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Hi All,

Today I applied for ILR under premium service at Croydon Office, ( I applied for ILR throur Tier 2 General 5 years route) after I gave my biometrics at 9.0 AM and I was waiting in the cafeteria until 11.00 AM and I got a phone call from case work and she raised couple of question.

1Q. Your marterial status is married, you have not mentoned about your dependent visa.
Ans: I answered my wife having valid visa until Dec 2019 , then case worker said okay thats fine (for me and my wife having valid visas until Dec 2019, here I am the main applicant)

2Q. Your salary is increased to 36,500.00 since Aug and in your Cos it shows 31,000.00, do you have any reason for this hike.
Ans: Yes my salary was increased to £36,500.00 and I have a letter from the employer and in the letter it clearly says the reason for salary hike (salary increased due to my good performance.

I was waiting in the cafeteria and after 35 mins again I got a phone call from the same case worker and she gave me a letter and she kept all my documets with her-“ The letter says your application is valid but there are further enquiries thar need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.”

I asked case worker, how long it takes to do this - she said it may takes weeks or months.

/*
SET (O) Application
Passport, BRP card,
3 months ply slips.
Employer letter.
Life in UK certificate.
Uk Masters certificate.
2 Photos.
*/

I am so disappointed, As I have travelling plans, my grand fater is not feeling well, he is in 80,s. He wants to see me, I thought once i got ILR I will spend some time with him, I paid £3075.00 for same day service, but still i didn,t get decision on the same day.My employer informed to Home office regarding my salary hike.

Every thing is very clear and genune from side but still case worker gave me that letter.

Anyone gone through similar situation or known. Howmuch time generally takes in such situation. To whom we have to enquire regarding the same.

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Thank you 🙏

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm
Many have gone through this, particularly the old Tier 1 General with tax amendments and Tier 2 General who had sudden large increases shortly before ILR.

Yes, HO has been very aware of the sudden increases to meet the ILR requirement for at least years now and have been hot onto this as it is an instant red flag and had you posted this question with your original absence for ILR query, you would have been told this and advised to wait a couple of months at least.
Many sponsors have had visits etc in such circumstances and your premium application has now become a postal one. How long it takes, no one can say, some got replies quickly, others are waiting a couple of months. Nothing you can do now but wait.
Hi, Thanks for your reply

jgnaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by jgnaidu » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:55 pm

jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi, Thanks for your reply
Hi CR001,

I have provided all the required documents, may i know what kind of checks they do, do you have any idea. If I approach local MP, is there any chance to speed up the process, your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you 🙏

cherry_dasika
Newly Registered
India

Post by cherry_dasika » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm

jgnaidu wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Hi All,

/*
SET (O) Application
Passport, BRP card,
3 months ply slips.
Employer letter.
Life in UK certificate.
Uk Masters certificate.
2 Photos.
*/

Hi. Sorry to hear about your case. Do you have any update now? Hope its sorted now.

I too have some questions -

How many days or weeks before application was your salary increased ?

What percentage was it increased ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:04 pm

If you read through the opening post you will see that this information has already been given. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.