ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No response from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imranabro
Newly Registered

No response from HO

Post by imranabro » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

I applied for Naturalisation on 28th Sept along with my family via NCS. My friend has received his decision letter. whereas, i have yet to receive. I emailed HO on Wed for an update and havent received any response. I guess my luck is in dust at the moment. All i can do is to have patience.

Anyone who is experience same alike me?

epi

Re: No response from HO

Post by epi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:24 pm

I think all feel alike to some extend. It is difficult, but try not to worry at least before 3 month time. I have just got my approval today - 79 days from submission.

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:42 pm

wow. Congratulations. I am happy for you.
I understand where you are coming from but as i mentioned me and my friend applied on same day. gave boi metrics on same day. he got his approval but i didnt. i understand every case has its own merits. i was advised to email them for an update. i wasnt even note sure how they take constant emails for update. dont want to piss them off too. lets see what happens

epi

Post by epi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you. It was the same case with me: in timeline I saw someone who applied on the same day as I did, same route, simple case like mine and got their decision like in 20 or so days. You can imaging how I felt for the next almost 50 days. This is frustrating, but little you can do. I also do not follow those who bombard HO with meaningless emails every week, let officers do their job. The good news, when an application takes time it does not automatically mean that something goes wrong. I wish HO launch online tracking system on AN applications one day.

anglophile
Newly Registered

Post by anglophile » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am

epi wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:54 pm
Thank you. It was the same case with me: in timeline I saw someone who applied on the same day as I did, same route, simple case like mine and got their decision like in 20 or so days. You can imaging how I felt for the next almost 50 days. This is frustrating, but little you can do. I also do not follow those who bombard HO with meaningless emails every week, let officers do their job. The good news, when an application takes time it does not automatically mean that something goes wrong. I wish HO launch online tracking system on AN applications one day.
I like the fact that you can see the silver lining about the long delay! :)
I am still waiting to hear from the HO. I must say that the wait has been very hard for me. We're spoilt. In this time and age when we have video on demand, Amazon Prime and all sorts of delivery tracking systems, it is hard to wait for something without having the possibility to track its status on a daily basis. I wonder if things would be easier if we had a system where we could see the status, even if most of the time we would only see something like "Application being considered".

epi

Post by epi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am

anglophile wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am
I wonder if things would be easier if we had a system where we could see the status, even if most of the time we would only see something like "Application being considered".
I agree, but at least we would know that our application has not been lost and someone, apart from the applicant, monitors the progress that had been made :)

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pm

I had a response today from HO as below which again is quite confusing. i applied on 28th sept and it has been advised that my application is now with a caseworker. Its bizarre. People applied after my have received the decision. whereas my application is now with a caseworker.

Thank you for your e-mail

Your application is now with a caseworker.

Thank youi

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP
T:

www.homeoffice.gov.uk

kmm26
Newly Registered

Post by kmm26 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm

I will be crossing my 6 months next week... And to me, its a fairly straight forward case.

Student (6 Years).... Tier 2 (5 Years)... ILR (8 Months)...

Applied for citizenship on the basis of having ILR and being married to a BC (My wife was born and raised in the UK).

I have no criminal convictions or parking tickets for that matter! never been involved in anything remotely dodgy! I am a Pharmacists and would have to notify the GPHC for any such violations and can loose my license to practice. I also have to go through a CRB check with my employer annually!

I have now succumbed to the fact, your case is only as quick as the case worker working it! And the Home Office are not answerable to anyone! These replies we recieve from them are as consistent as the British weather, so do not try to make sense of it. You can google them word for word, the only difference being they would have your name on it.

I don't know what your thoughts are, but if they have taken 2 months, in all likelihood they have not found any reason to reject your application and now our faith lies with the Efficient Case workers of the Home Office.

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm

fair deal. i hve seen refusals to those application been pending for 8 months. so by saying HO wont refuse my application after being 2 months with them is merely a hitch.

lets see how it goes.

your applications seems straight forward too. did you email for an update?

sonimahi
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by sonimahi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:37 pm

email them every monday otherwise your file will go in backlog. I kept chasing them every monday and i got decision in 4 weeks.
hope this helps

AliSufii

Post by AliSufii » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 pm

sonimahi wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:37 pm
email them every monday otherwise your file will go in backlog. I kept chasing them every monday and i got decision in 4 weeks.
hope this helps
epi wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:54 pm

@SoniMahi, I agree...

I think emailing HO for status is not a criminal act since there are not any other mediums available to find out about the progress.

Not sure about the backlog, but yes it gives a bit of relief after hearing about application progress/status. And I think 10 days should be the gap period between the emails.

And, I think HO also should now introduce Online Application Status Checking System, even HMRC has it now.

I believe in, you dont ask you dont get. never harms.

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:18 pm

History of correspondence.

Email out: 25/10/2018:

Email in: 25/10/2018: Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 28th September 18, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Email out: 01/11/2018:
Email in: 01/11/2018: You will be contacted by post. Thank you

Email out: 19/11/2018
Email in: 19/11/2018: Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is now with a caseworker. Thank you

Email out: 26/11/2018
Email in: 27/11/2018: Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is now with a caseworker. You will be contacted by a caseworker in due course. Thank you

Last two emails from HO are almost similar. Not idea how long application will remain with the caseworker to decide.

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello Lads,

Finally received an email from HO as below:

Thank you for your e-mail. A communication will as been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.

Thank you
FMT

Now waiting for the letter. However, [a communication will as been posted to you] is it grammatically correct? lol

boylost
Newly Registered
India

Post by boylost » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:12 pm

imranabro wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm
Hello Lads,

Finally received an email from HO as below:

Thank you for your e-mail. A communication will as been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.

Thank you
FMT

Now waiting for the letter. However, [a communication will as been posted to you] is it grammatically correct? lol
Hello
Yes, it is, please do update when u receive, i applied in October i emailed them on Monday got a reply saying that as i applied in October it will take longer to be considered once ur application is decided caseworker will contact you.
I think this is a generic email they send everyone who emails them.

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:13 pm

just an update: i have received an invitation letter from local council for citizenship ceremony but have not received any letter form HO which i am hoping to receive it at anytime now...

zid01

Post by zid01 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 pm

imranabro wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:13 pm
just an update: i have received an invitation letter from local council for citizenship ceremony but have not received any letter form HO which i am hoping to receive it at anytime now...
Hello Imranabro did u email again after 27th, I emailed them on Monday but still didn’t receive any reply

imranabro
Newly Registered

Post by imranabro » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:40 pm

zid01 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 pm
imranabro wrote:
Hello Imranabro did u email again after 27th, I emailed them on Monday but still didn’t receive any reply
yeh i did on the 6th and response was as below:

Thank you for your e-mail.

A communication will as been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.

Thank you

FMT

zid01

Post by zid01 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:43 pm

imranabro wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:40 pm
zid01 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 pm
imranabro wrote:
yeh i did on the 6th and response was as below:

Thank you for your e-mail.

A communication will as been posted to you, this can take up to three weeks for you to receive.

Thank you

FMT
Thanks