ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

allyf
Canada

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:21 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Dear all

I got my SER-LR approved. Had the letter from home office today but dated 17th Nov. As you can see above I attended Sopra Steria centre on the 13th Nov for super premium service , and they made decision on 17th. I did not have any other communication from home office. I was advise I will get my BRP in 7-10 days.

Good look for people that are waiting.
Winshee18
Congratulations Winshee18!!! 🎉

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Dear members and experts,
I just started to fill appli form ilr lr 10 yrs for my wife. In the documens lis it is asking:

Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with (for example marriage certificates), and
correspondence addressed either to you jointly,
or in both of your names, or addressed
individually to you at the same address, to cover
the last two years.

As we moved the house and currently unable to find any older proof of address for last 2 years. Any suggestion how this can be done.
Kind Regards.

bhavgarg
Newly Registered

Post by bhavgarg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm

I have sent an email to Home Office complaints email address.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:13 am

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm
jibs wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Josh

No not yet, its being so frustrating.... its been over 3 days that I submitted my application. Considering the weekend, I feel even more worried that the decision might be delayed further.... There is no way to tack the status too...
Mine is the same as well, no updates and since Tuesday 13th November.

I suspect,

Either this is not submitted due to technical issues as mentioned by sopra steria staff

Or

UKVI usually attempt to achieve service targets therefore any backlogs will be left as it is while they focus to complete new applications on time.

Hi Jibs

Have you heard the outcome yet? This wait is really killing!

Thanks
WInshee18

Hi Josh

Finally, I have just received my approval letter (Royal mail) stating my BRP will arrive in 7 working days.

The letter was dated 17th November whereas I went for the interview on the 13th NOvember at Birmingham.

Best
WInshee18
Hi, congratulations !!! and thank you for letting me know! im going to my appointment on thursday.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:19 am

Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
jibs wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Josh

No not yet, its being so frustrating.... its been over 3 days that I submitted my application. Considering the weekend, I feel even more worried that the decision might be delayed further.... There is no way to tack the status too...

I suspect,

Either this is not submitted due to technical issues as mentioned by sopra steria staff

Or

UKVI usually attempt to achieve service targets therefore any backlogs will be left as it is while they focus to complete new applications on time.

Hi Jibs

Thanks
WInshee18

Hi Josh

Finally, I have just received my approval letter (Royal mail) stating my BRP will arrive in 7 working days.

The letter was dated 17th November whereas I went for the interview on the 13th NOvember at Birmingham.

Best
WInshee18
Hi, Winshee
Thank you very much for letting me know !! and congratulations!!! finally your wait is over haha!! Now i am fingers are crossed for myself haha ! going to my appointment on thursday.

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:10 am

Good Morning Guys,

I just received my BRP this morning through DX parcel service.
I attended appointment on 15th December at Birmingham Centre. I receive no decision email/letter till now just settled BRP. The valid date on BRP is 31/12/2024 (this is strange.) I thought they are valid for 10 years.

Thanks alot to people in this forum who shared their experience and helped with queries.

Regards,
Kenvac

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:58 am

kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:10 am
Good Morning Guys,

I attended appointment on 15th December at Birmingham Centre. I receive no decision email/letter till now just settled BRP. The valid date on BRP is 31/12/2024 (this is strange.) I thought they are valid for 10 years.

Thanks alot to people in this forum who shared their experience and helped with queries.

Regards,
Kenvac
Congrats Kenvac,

Was ur application ilr - 10 years route.

I just started to fill appli form ilr lr 10 yrs for my wife. In the documens list it is asking:

the last two years.

As we moved the house and currently unable to find any older proof of address for last 2 years. Any suggestion how this can be done.

Cold you please help me other documents asked in the application form - What ever you remember.

And also did u fill online application form? What about the photo- did u attach physical pic or did u upload. Could you pls give some details for this.

Kind Regards,

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:16 am

Congratulations Kenvac! Did you mean you receive the BRP card or the letter? When was it approved? I think somebody has mentioned the date 31/12/2024 as something about law change by then.
kenvac wrote:
Good Morning Guys,

Regards,
Kenvac

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 am

indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-expires- ... 84963.html
the 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:01 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:19 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
jibs wrote:

I suspect,

Or

Hi Jibs

Thanks
WInshee18

Hi Josh

Best
WInshee18
Hi, Winshee
Thank you very much for letting me know !! and congratulations!!! finally your wait is over haha!! Now i am fingers are crossed for myself haha ! going to my appointment on thursday.

Hi Josh

Exactly, the wait is over - received my BRP through DX few minutes ago. I hope it all works out well for you!

Best
WInshee18

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks. I received BRP and not the letter - oddly
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:16 am
Congratulations Kenvac! Did you mean you receive the BRP card or the letter? When was it approved? I think somebody has mentioned the date 31/12/2024 as something about law change by then.
kenvac wrote:
Good Morning Guys,

Regards,
Kenvac

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks for the link oldmankensey :)
oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 am
indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-expires- ... 84963.html
the 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am

hi All,

I contacted DX today and asked to check if any courier assigned to my address.

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma

dpkusa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dpkusa » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:17 pm

bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 pm
dpkusa wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm
I have not restarted the application two times, once in Chrome and once in IE.
Still not getting any options for any new Sopra system, only the old service.
Which visa type are you applying for? I still have the same problem, applying for FLR(M)
Family Route - Spouse Visa Extension
I have learned that this visa type will not be released under the new system until November 29th.

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm

If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi gbpmtrix,

Mine was set(O).
I am not sure about ILR 10 years route. The documents could be different.
I didn't provide much documents one letter from employer confirming I am an employee, bank statement, payslip, English language proof and Life in uk test certificate.

I am sorry but I am not the right person to advice you on the application.
If you want more information check out this link https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services - immigration advice. Call them for more information. Not sure how much they charge but on their website it says free assessment.

Hope it work out for you.
gbpmatrix wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:58 am
kenvac wrote:
Good Morning Guys,

Regards,
Kenvac
Congrats Kenvac,

I just started to fill appli form ilr lr 10 yrs for my wife. In the documens list it is asking:

the last two years.

Cold you please help me other documents asked in the application form - What ever you remember.

And also did u fill online application form? What about the photo- did u attach physical pic or did u upload. Could you pls give some details for this.

Kind Regards,

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:44 pm

kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm
If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma
Hi kenvac,

Thank you

I just got ilr approval letter via royalmail.

Hope i get BRP also today.

varma

Naffynanya
Newly Registered

Post by Naffynanya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi Varma,
How did you contact dx? I went for my appointment on the 14th. I received my approval letter on Friday and the decision was made on 14th but I am yet to receive my brp.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Naffynanya wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:10 pm
Hi Varma,
How did you contact dx? I went for my appointment on the 14th. I received my approval letter on Friday and the decision was made on 14th but I am yet to receive my brp.
Hi,

I contacted DX via online chat
https://www.dxdelivery.com/

thanks

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm

dpkusa wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:17 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 pm
dpkusa wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm
I have not restarted the application two times, once in Chrome and once in IE.
Still not getting any options for any new Sopra system, only the old service.
Which visa type are you applying for? I still have the same problem, applying for FLR(M)
Family Route - Spouse Visa Extension
I have learned that this visa type will not be released under the new system until November 29th.
How did u know that family route will not be released untill 29th, if you have any link or news mentioned on ukba, please let me know.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 am

kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:34 pm
Hi gbpmtrix,

Mine was set(O).
I am not sure about ILR 10 years route. The documents could be different.
I didn't provide much documents one letter from employer confirming I am an employee, bank statement, payslip, English language proof and Life in uk test certificate.

I am sorry but I am not the right person to advice you on the application.
If you want more information check out this link https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services - immigration advice. Call them for more information. Not sure how much they charge but on their website it says free assessment.

Hope it work out for you.
gbpmatrix wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:58 am
kenvac wrote:
Good Morning Guys,

Regards,
Kenvac
Congrats Kenvac,

the last two years.

Kind Regards,
Hi Kenvac,

Many thanks for ur reply

Wish u all the best for future.

Kind Regards,

uniborn
Newly Registered
India

Post by uniborn » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi I had my appointment(Premium service) in Birmingham centre on 15th and have not received any communication yet.. could anyone please suggest what can I do to find out if there is any issue with my application? I applied for ILR(LR).

Regards

zdzoan
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by zdzoan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi
Can someone confirm If I can do JCAP via UKVCAS?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:06 pm

zdzoan wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi
Can someone confirm If I can do JCAP via UKVCAS?
Thanks
Unfortunately it appears you cannot.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zdzoan
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by zdzoan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:16 pm

If I upload my supporting documents by myself do I still need to pay for scanning them? Or do I need to pay for checking them? Can I only pay for biometrics and upload my docs by myself?