ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement ex account

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Documents

Post by Littledeb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi,I'm sponsoring my fiance to come to UK. After we've applied online, do our set of documents have to be sent to Sheffield jointly, or can he do it from visa centre in his country, and can i send mine from here in UK. Had many conflictions when searching online. So confused.
Thank you in advance

Incy

Re: Documents

Post by Incy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, I was in the same position as you, contradicting advice.
I have all the documents here in the UK apart from his IELTS and TB results.
I am going to send everything from here, when he has had his appointment he is going to send me the IELTS and TB test results so I can include them in the pack.

I have been told that some application centres still ask to see supporting documents, so I have emailed him scans of everything for him to print off and take. They might not ask, but just in case they do at least he can show them.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Depends which country / region it is being applied from
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Depends which country / region it is being applied from
It's Cairo, Egypt

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Incy wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 pm
Hi, I was in the same position as you, contradicting advice.
I have all the documents here in the UK apart from his IELTS and TB results.
I am going to send everything from here, when he has had his appointment he is going to send me the IELTS and TB test results so I can include them in the pack.

I have been told that some application centres still ask to see supporting documents, so I have emailed him scans of everything for him to print off and take. They might not ask, but just in case they do at least he can show them.
Thank you for your reply...So by supporting documents do you mean even the cover letter?
I am going to see him next week, so I'll be as well photocopying everything I have so he has a copy and take with me. Then when hes done his ielts next month, I'll ask him to send the results to me, to include in sponsor pack...am I correct?

Incy

Post by Incy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Debracupples wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you for your reply...So by supporting documents do you mean even the cover letter?
I am going to see him next week, so I'll be as well photocopying everything I have so he has a copy and take with me. Then when hes done his ielts next month, I'll ask him to send the results to me, to include in sponsor pack...am I correct?
I have got everything from him, apart from the IELTS and TB test because he needs them for his appointment.

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Incy wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 pm
Debracupples wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:57 pm

I have got everything from him, apart from the IELTS and TB test because he needs them for his appointment.
Ok, thanks for your help...and fingers crossed for everything

Incy

Post by Incy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Debracupples wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Ok, thanks for your help...and fingers crossed for everything
I hope it all goes well for you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 am

Make sure you submit everything together in one go and not some in Egypt and some from uk

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 am
Make sure you submit everything together in one go and not some in Egypt and some from uk
Ok, thank you, I will do. Just not sure which is the best, as I think they scan everything at tls in Cairo..I would have to post from UK.
Can you suggest which may be the better way?
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Get it confirmed thrice that whether the supporting documents need to be sent to Sheffield or TLS will scan & send to UKVI. But if the sponsor suppose to send these to Sheffield then use royal mail recorded delivery.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm
Get it confirmed thrice that whether the supporting documents need to be sent to Sheffield or TLS will scan & send to UKVI. But if the sponsor suppose to send these to Sheffield then use royal mail recorded delivery.
I know, I'm trying, but everyone says different, so frustrating, ha.
Ok thank you for that advice , I wasn't sure who could do it, at least I know that now.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Debracupples wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm
seagul wrote:
Ok thank you for that advice , I wasn't sure who could do it, at least I know that now.
also try to search this board as maybe someone from same location applied before.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:40 pm
Debracupples wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm
seagul wrote:
also try to search this board as maybe someone from same location applied before.
Thank you everyone. I thought i had found out on the official site, that they actually do scan at Cairo, but then rereading it, it is only non settlement, and non visit visas..I think fiance visa is settlement?, so now I'm more confused, 😁 I've posted what it says, if anyone can help, again.
TLS.
Customers applying for a UK visa in Cairo now benefit from digital improvements to the UK visa application process. Supporting documents in non-settlement and non-visit visa applications are scanned whilst customers are at the visa application centre, and then given straight back immediately. These digital documents will then be sent securely to UKVI and visa officers will then consider the application in the usual way. This new process allows customers to retain their important supporting documents during the application process. This new development is made available to customers using both our standard and Priority Visa services

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 am
Hi..I thought I had sorted it, until I was sent this..so I'm more confused as it contradicts not sending seperately ...can you put any light on this, please..

Response
For settlement applications the sponsor’s supporting documents should be
submitted to the relevant correspondence address in Sheffield as detailed on
our commercial partners’ websites.
Visa applicants can themselves submit
their personal documents, such as TB certificates and marriage certificates,
together with their travel document or passport, when attending a Visa
Application Centre.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 am

https://uk.tlscontact.com/eg/cai/news.php

Looks like since 29 May 2017, the process has been that all support documents get Posted directly to Sheffield. They even advise not to use ParcelForce.

The information they have given you is probably for non-settlement applications, where they scan the docs.

Can the applicant not visit them in Cairo and get a confirmation.

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:13 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 am
https://uk.tlscontact.com/eg/cai/news.php

Looks like since 29 May 2017, the process has been that all support documents get Posted directly to Sheffield. They even advise not to use ParcelForce.

The information they have given you is probably for non-settlement applications, where they scan the docs.

Can the applicant not visit them in Cairo and get a confirmation.
Hi, yes I did post that information further up, about non settlement.. I think that will be the best idea, I am going over next week anyway, so we will call in, and try clear it up. Once I know I will update this post, because it's so conflicting and always changing.
Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:32 am

Good idea. VFS and TSLConnect website are rubbish and un-clear. Most the information they give about are for non-settlement visas.

I have seen many centres where it clearly stated to take all support documents with you, but only later to say for "Non-Settlement" applications in small prints.

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:32 am
Good idea. VFS and TSLConnect website are rubbish and un-clear. Most the information they give about are for non-settlement visas.

I have seen many centres where it clearly stated to take all support documents with you, but only later to say for "Non-Settlement" applications in small prints.
Thanks, yes it's crazy, nothing makes sense. Then they keep changing things, and information outdates quickly. Suppose they make more money if it's complicated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 am

Always get it double confirmed.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 am

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 am
Update.

Hi, received an email from tls office in Cairo, and they do scan all documents .

Dear Valued Applicant,

Thank you for your query.

Please note that all the documents submitted at the counter are scanned and transferred to the Decision Making Centre.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:04 am

Ask them does this include applications for settlements too?

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Littledeb » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:04 am
Ask them does this include applications for settlements too?
Yes, that was the specific question I asked, if it included documents for settlement visas, as this was my concern

Littledeb
Newly Registered
Mood:

Bank Statement ex account

Post by Littledeb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi..I went to print off bank statement evidence from a current and savings account. Noticed when doing savings account it was still in joint names with my ex husband, which should have changed when current account was also changed into a solo account, nearly 3 years a go. I rang my bank, they sent a form for ex to sign to say to take his name off. Which has been done, and confirmed by the bank is now a sole account. My question is this, will it affect the fiance visa outcome, if it includes 4 months with his name on, then 2 recent ones in sole name, with a confirmation letter from bank with date on that this was changed.
Thank you in advance