ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is faster for approval- Spouse of Irish National or on own 6+ yrs

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gogreen81
India

Which is faster for approval- Spouse of Irish National or on own 6+ yrs

Post by Gogreen81 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi Guys, my partner is applying for her naturalisation.
which is faster in terms of approval based on the exp.

she has completed her qualifying criteria as shes almost 6+ now in ireland. she would have applied in last 2 months but i was hoping to get mine so first wanted her to move to Stamp4 which will be after this ceremony.

1) when she applies , should she apply as spouse of irish citizen? or on her own as 6 yrs in ireland.
or does it make a difference as its the same Form8. but less documentation.
2) also any comments on the passport return time - if we submit now end of nov, any chances to get back before christmas . we have holiday planned around that.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Which is faster for approval- Spouse of Irish National or on own 6+ yrs

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:40 pm

by far applying as a spouse of irish citizen is the fastest route. but on the flip side, if her personal circumstances change half way through the process (for instance you’re no longer together, which i don’t hope of course) then it will have a massive impact on her application.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Gogreen81 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:37 pm
Hi Guys, my partner is applying for her naturalisation.
which is faster in terms of approval based on the exp.

she has completed her qualifying criteria as shes almost 6+ now in ireland. she would have applied in last 2 months but i was hoping to get mine so first wanted her to move to Stamp4 which will be after this ceremony.

1) when she applies , should she apply as spouse of irish citizen? or on her own as 6 yrs in ireland.
or does it make a difference as its the same Form8. but less documentation.
2) also any comments on the passport return time - if we submit now end of nov, any chances to get back before christmas . we have holiday planned around that.
Spouse of Irish citizen is way quicker.

If you have holidays planned then better to apply after you are back in Ireland, this time of the year tends to be their busiest out of the whole year so likely you won't receive the original passport back in time for your holidays.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks guys I was thinking that the applications are less this time as most people would be traveling or avoiding submitting application this time :) as the dept is slow .
Travel is tentative but if we get then we could go somewhere as this the the only time when I get all holidays