ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 am

Get MP on board will help a lot especially now it is 161 days! They can make a lot of things happen if they so will.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 am

My MP forwarded me the reply he got from HO and they told him the same things i.e mandatory checks blah blah and so on. So the MP hasn't helped at all and it took them a month to reply to the MP. I have kinda lost hope now I am on 135 working days now.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:57 am

Keep pressurising the MP

Laiba_123
Newly Registered

Post by Laiba_123 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks for replying. Okay I will get local MP involved.
Remember me in your prayers and if you have anymore advise then please let me know. Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 am

My only advise would be that MP is currently the best person to help you. Stress to the MP that 161 days is beyond reasonable wait time, and above the target days that Home Office themselves have set themselves.

InshaAllah you get outcome very soon.

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:52 pm

hi everyone ,

i hope everyone get visa quickely buh im sure now they taking 8 to 9 months . in sha allah u ll hear from home office soon just calm down .

mine 133 WD passed . three more months . if not three then i m gonna get worries y they taking so long . my husband who is the sponcer get hyper somtimes. he is the one who is counting days .
in sha Allah just beleive in Allah i ll get visa if ot then its not right time .
have patience in sha allah u ll get visa n will soon join ur husbands or wives
best wishes everyone

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Laiba_123 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am
Thanks for replying. Okay I will get local MP involved.
Remember me in your prayers and if you have anymore advise then please let me know. Thank you
No does help but u have to keep at him I did. Mine has been 10 months and now they have given a decision after no kept contacting them. Now my husband has made a new passport as the old one has expired. And he gave it yesterday so hopefully soon they will tell us the decision and hoping it's good news. He applied from Islamabad so is that where they stamp the visa or do they send it off somewhere else ?

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Sorry I meant mp not no auto correction lok

treena41
Newly Registered

Post by treena41 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Good afternoon all ..... Im a newbie here...Here is our Timeline so far !

Fiance visa...

Application paid for online 28th september 2018
Biometrics Appointment 15th October 2018
Biometrics Appointment : Rabat, Morocco
Application forwarded to decision making centre for processing 15th October 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield(Vulcan house)royal mail 1st class signed for tracked 17th October 2018
Royal mail Tracking didnt work...Tracked as far as bristol but no signature obtained from sheffield to say recieved !
Documents/supporting documents bundle recieved email : Still waiting
Email update from sheffield "Online application recieved at the decision making centre being prepared for an Eco (Entry clearance officer) 31st October 2018
Projected timeline from Biometrics Appointment : 15 working days for non settlement visas ( ie 6 month fiance visa) and 12 weeks for settlement
Worried that we hadnt recieved an email confirming they had recieved our supporting documents I
Emailed sheffield for an Update : 7th November 2018
Email recieved : 7th November 2018 - Confirming Application has been recieved and has been seen and is awaiting a decision.

*Solicitor advised this maybe a generic email so decided to call the help line instead*
Telephone call 8th November - Lady confirmed they had recieved our documents, her words were 'I can confirm we have recieved your application and all nescessary paperwork to proceed with your application, if documents hadnt been recieved the system would not have been updated and you would have been contacted asking for docs to be forwarded instead of the previous email dated 31st October 2018 (phew so relieved !)

November 16th 2018 called Ukvi for an update as its been over the 15days projected timeline
November 16th 2018 - Application escalated- told await a reply 15 working days

waiting Time: 25 Working Days / 5 working weeks from Biometrics appointment

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:42 pm
hi dear ,
hav u heard anythg from home office or nt yet ?

Thelugi
Spain

Post by Thelugi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm

treena41 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Fiance visa...

Application forwarded to decision making centre for processing 15th October 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield(Vulcan house)royal mail 1st class signed for tracked 17th October 2018
Royal mail Tracking didnt work...Tracked as far as bristol but no signature obtained from sheffield to say recieved !
Email update from sheffield "Online application recieved at the decision making centre being prepared for an Eco (Entry clearance officer) 31st October 2018
Projected timeline from Biometrics Appointment : 15 working days for non settlement visas ( ie 6 month fiance visa) and 12 weeks for settlement
Worried that we hadnt recieved an email confirming they had recieved our supporting documents I
Email recieved : 7th November 2018 - Confirming Application has been recieved and has been seen and is awaiting a decision.

*Solicitor advised this maybe a generic email so decided to call the help line instead*
Telephone call 8th November - Lady confirmed they had recieved our documents, her words were 'I can confirm we have recieved your application and all nescessary paperwork to proceed with your application, if documents hadnt been recieved the system would not have been updated and you would have been contacted asking for docs to be forwarded instead of the previous email dated 31st October 2018 (phew so relieved !)

November 16th 2018 called Ukvi for an update as its been over the 15days projected timeline

Hi treena41, I don't understand your projected timeline given of 15 working days... A fiancé visa IS a settlement visa, in fact it is called "Settlement-Marriage" on the visa4uk online system. Unless you have applied for a marriage visitor visa I can't really understand why they would let you escalate it so quickly??? :roll:

Incy

Post by Incy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm

We are currently waiting for a decision. Timeline so far;

Visa type: Settlement, Fiancé
Online application submitted: 02/11/18.
Biometrics appointment: 07/11/18 in Kuala Lumpur
Documents sent to Sheffield: 12/11/18. Had to wait for my partners IELTS and TB results to get here as he posted them right after the appointment, if we had known prior to the appointment that they didn't need to look at them he would have sent them to me sooner.
Confirmation of online application email: 16/11/18
Documents returned with supporting letter from UKVI: 15/11/18.

I had a missed delivery card from the Royal Mail because a parcel needed signing for, I couldn't get to the sorting office until today (19/11/18) and have been wondering what it is all weekend and thinking that it must be the documents because I am not expecting anything else that needs to be signed for. I was shocked they had sent the documents back so quickly and thought that maybe there had been some kind of mistake and they had been returned without being looked at, but there is a letter from UKVI included saying they have retained copies of them and we would be contacted if any further information is required.

treena41
Newly Registered

Post by treena41 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Thelugi wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm
treena41 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Fiance visa...

Hi treena41, I don't understand your projected timeline given of 15 working days... A fiancé visa IS a settlement visa, in fact it is called "Settlement-Marriage" on the visa4uk online system. Unless you have applied for a marriage visitor visa I can't really understand why they would let you escalate it so quickly??? :roll:
Hello Thelugi,
Thankyou for your response.
Well tbh i too was very suprised at the womans response, I asked her how can i possibly escalate as its not been over the 60 days settlement time frame as per stated in their email dated 31st Oct.

She went on to ask for our GWF number and my fiance's passport number and email address used on the application which i provided and she confirmed we have applied for the correct fiance visa-6months in which we have to marry (costing a small fortune over 1.5k ) which then leads to settlement ie the spouse visa but the actual fiance visa where you get to goto the uk get married then apply for the spouse visa after marriage isnt settlement... but it leads to settlement :/ i dont know about you guys but im soooo confused with it all.
She told me that she has sent an email to the correct department to ascertain a reason as to why the hold up on a decision and to keep checking our emails (incl spam mail) as we should expect a reply with in 15 working days.

kind regards Treena41

Mrin
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mrin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi, I got to know that Sheffield took positive decision on my application on or before October 29. But still now I didn’t receive the passport. VFS in Dhaka is saying that Sheffield did not send the decision to British High Commission in Dhaka. That is why they cannot give me back my passport. Anyone here had the same experience as mine? Any suggestions? Please let me know.

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:24 am

ALLHAMDULILA

Update-
After waiting for exactly 9 months my partner got the visa today.
Thanks people on this forum for all the help and support.

I can say stay positive and you will get positive results. And by the grace of the almighty it did.

No one here should lose hope if your documents are all correct, UKIV will take time but you will get the visa.

Thanks again all

Timeline

Biometc- 19-feb-2018 (Pakistan)
Collection text and call- 20-Nov-2018
Visa- 21-Nov-2018

randomhero
Newly Registered

Post by randomhero » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am

Mrin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi, I got to know that Sheffield took positive decision on my application on or before October 29. But still now I didn’t receive the passport. VFS in Dhaka is saying that Sheffield did not send the decision to British High Commission in Dhaka. That is why they cannot give me back my passport. Anyone here had the same experience as mine? Any suggestions? Please let me know.
Hi How did you know about the positive decision please? As long as i am aware UKVI call centre or emails don't give you any details about the outcome of the decision !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 am

randomhero wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
Mrin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi How did you know about the positive decision please? As long as i am aware UKVI call centre or emails don't give you any details about the outcome of the decision !!!
If you read the users previous post, you would see!!!
Mrin wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 pm
I did not get BRP. But they said that it is ready to collect. I cannot collect it since I am in Dhaka. This mail came on October 29. And they wrote giving reference to Sheffield. If I assume that the decision has been made the same day the BRP mail came, it is more that 10 working days or more than two weeks that I didn’t receive my passport. That is why I am worried. The VFS says they can’t help me in locating the passport. Thus feeling helpless. Does anyone has this kind of experience here?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Pak1230 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:24 am
ALLHAMDULILA

Update-

I can say stay positive and you will get positive results. And by the grace of the almighty it did.

No one here should lose hope if your documents are all correct, UKIV will take time but you will get the visa.

Thanks again all

Timeline

Visa- 21-Nov-2018
many many congratulations dear . ma sha allah thats good ur oartner got the visa
just keep remember us in ur duas .

afshin86
Iran

Post by afshin86 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm

hello everyone
does anyone knows if UKVI write the decision made on their uk tlscontact website
how long will take to email us for collections passport ?
someone give me some information please
thank you 🙏🏻

Pak1230
Pakistan

Post by Pak1230 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Uzma60 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 pm
Pak1230 wrote:
ALLHAMDULILA

Update-

Thanks again all

Timeline

Visa- 21-Nov-2018
many many congratulations dear . ma sha allah thats good ur oartner got the visa
Thanks a lot Uzma60 :) inshallha i will keep you in my duas that you get positive reply asap. Also all others waiting for so long. inshallha all will be well :)

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 am

Pak1230 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 pm
Uzma60 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 pm
Pak1230 wrote:
ALLHAMDULILA

Update-

Thanks again all

Timeline

Visa- 21-Nov-2018
Thanks a lot Uzma60 :) inshallha i will keep you in my duas that you get positive reply asap. Also all others waiting for so long. inshallha all will be well :)
hi,
thank u so much .
best wishes :-)

Uzma60
Pakistan

Post by Uzma60 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 am

afshin86 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm
hello everyone
does anyone knows if UKVI write the decision made on their uk tlscontact website
thank you 🙏🏻
ehats tls comtact website ? hav u heard anythg yet . and wts ur biomatric date ?

Momi867
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Momi867 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:55 am

Uzma60 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 am
afshin86 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm
hello everyone
thank you 🙏🏻
ehats tls comtact website ? hav u heard anythg yet . and wts ur biomatric date ?
Well the call representative told us in October that our decision has been made n we shyd wait for a call for collection.. its been a month n we had escalate twice but still no call from vfs office.. wats ur biometric date n other timeline?

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:34 am

Uzma60 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:42 pm
hi dear ,
hav u heard anythg from home office or nt yet ?
Hi they have made a decision but we gage in the new passport last week and now just waiting for that to come back. Does anyone know where they issue the visas for pakistan?

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:36 am

Pak1230 wrote:
ALLHAMDULILA

Update-

Thanks again all

Timeline

Visa- 21-Nov-2018
That's so good congratulation hope we all get gd results too.