ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending naturalisation applications petition

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

Pending naturalisation applications petition

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 am

HI all

So I need your help if possible please. Someone I know is putting together a petition to submit to the relevant authorities.

We would like to establish if this is a facial issue and to do this, would it please be possible for everyone who has got applications for naturalisation pending since 2016 please let me know what your country of origin is please.

It has come to light that most of these pending applications are from South east asian countries, so we are trying to establish if that is the case.

All we need is a comment below which says your country and how long its pending for.

Thanks

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Pending naturalisation applications petition

Post by markem » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am

I've no comment on whether your petition is a good idea or not, but can I suggest asking a TD to ask a parliamentary question to this effect. Then you will get official information instead of comments on a bulletin board. Replies are required within 3 parliamentary sitting days (i.e. about a week, depending on when you ask).

You can work on the exact wording to get the data you want, but your question could be something like: "To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship approved, refused, and in processing where the application was received by the Department in 2016, by country of applicant's existing citizenship in tabular form; and if he will make a statement on the matter."

(here's an example, and I would suggest asking the same TD, Jack Chambers as he has previously asked questions on this topic)
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 64/#pq_164

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 am

I doubt this will lead to anything substantial as you don’t know why your application is being held up. Claiming that INIS is discriminating against applications from certain nationalities is also well off the mark (I am not defending them nor speaking on their behalf of course). If you look at the address of the minister at the opening of the last ceremony here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/pr ... hip-210518 in the top 10 nationalities they’re 4 Asian countries (India, Pakistan, Philippines and China) so you can’t claim they’re discriminating against Asia.
What is obvious to me is that for some categories of applications when they conduct some investigations and find out something fishy they simply put the application on hold until they shed more light on that. This is probably where the good character, which is essential and crucial, to be awarded the citizenship is about. It’s debatable whether being on social welfare isn’t as bad as it shows that the applicant is milking.

One thing that I’d recommend will be to send a complain email to INIS first then you will be told what’s happening. You then tell us what sort of answers you got from them. If you’re not happy then you can protest. I also don’t see how getting in touch with a TD will help given that he or she is simply a politician who has never been in that situation.
Hope this helps

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 am
HI all

So I need your help if possible please. Someone I know is putting together a petition to submit to the relevant authorities.

We would like to establish if this is a facial issue and to do this, would it please be possible for everyone who has got applications for naturalisation pending since 2016 please let me know what your country of origin is please.

It has come to light that most of these pending applications are from South east asian countries, so we are trying to establish if that is the case.

All we need is a comment below which says your country and how long its pending for.

Thanks
I just want to echo the comments from @2pac4ever and @markem - I don't think this is going to get you anywhere, I would save my time and energy.

There is no legal basis for this petition – naturalization in Ireland is a privilege and not a right and the Minister is granting citizenship at his/her own discretion. Legally speaking you can't force the government to expedite any application for naturalisation by any petition or legal argument because naturalisation itself is not a right so no one is violating any of your rights or the rights or those that are still waiting since 2016.

On the other hand the government can easily argue that applications from South East Asia are under considerably scrutiny and there is actual proof of that, just do a quick Google search on Operation Vantage in Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Ok so just to clarify that I am not the one putting together this petition. This is someone I have met who is going to be doing this and as if not on the forum asked me to help.

Secondly I will put forward all ur suggestions to him and let him decide for himself.

Thanks for the info from everyone. Whether the petition will help or not I have no idea as I am simply helping someone who has decided to take action having waited just short of three years for his application to be approved and to date still hasn’t.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:27 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:03 pm
Ok so just to clarify that I am not the one putting together this petition. This is someone I have met who is going to be doing this and as if not on the forum asked me to help.

Secondly I will put forward all ur suggestions to him and let him decide for himself.

Thanks for the info from everyone. Whether the petition will help or not I have no idea as I am simply helping someone who has decided to take action having waited just short of three years for his application to be approved and to date still hasn’t.
I assumed you were personally involved in the petition because in your initial post there are a lot of "we" and you posted a similar question before (link below), either way won't change my point of view.

ireland/start-petition-to-get-naturalis ... l#p1675657

My advise to this person behind the petition is to be patient and sit tight and wait, at some stage INIS will need to give him/her an answer on the application for naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.