ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seselxpress
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by seselxpress » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:55 pm

during your absence to the UK were you holding a valid visa? and even if you have no valid visa did you apply for new visa before the current one expired or within 28 days? if so they you are OK don't worry

mzh123
Newly Registered

Post by mzh123 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello Seniors/Admin

Could you please direct me to the right thread or kindly reply to my message?

thank you.

I am not sure if thia is the correct thread for my question if it is not please direct me to the correct one.

I am completing my 10 years in June 2019
Came to UK in 2009 as PBS dependant
swithced to spouse/partner Visa as my partner got British passport i could not apply for ILr with my partner because of some rule chage in 2014

My question now is shall i apply for ILR on long residence basis or waiting till i Complete the 5 years as dependant of partner and apply through that route ? as I will complete 5 years under spouse visa route towards the end of 2019.

Also is it possible to apply for British passprot straight after the ILR or do I have to wait for one year under both cases?

many thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:04 pm

mzh123 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm
Hello Seniors/Admin

Could you please direct me to the right thread or kindly reply to my message?

thank you.

I am not sure if thia is the correct thread for my question if it is not please direct me to the correct one.

I am completing my 10 years in June 2019
Came to UK in 2009 as PBS dependant
swithced to spouse/partner Visa as my partner got British passport i could not apply for ILr with my partner because of some rule chage in 2014

My question now is shall i apply for ILR on long residence basis or waiting till i Complete the 5 years as dependant of partner and apply through that route ? as I will complete 5 years under spouse visa route towards the end of 2019.

Also is it possible to apply for British passprot straight after the ILR or do I have to wait for one year under both cases?

many thanks in advance for your help.
No need to spam the topic daily with the same question. When you post in a topic like this, not many read it. You would have been better of starting your own topic with your questions.

Up to you which ILR route your go for. If you qualify for long residence ILR, then you can apply.

Once you have ILR, no news to wait 12 months to apply for citizenship if you meet all the spouse of BC 3 year residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzh123
Newly Registered

Post by mzh123 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I thought my questions was in line with the ILR long residence catagory so thats why posted it here and i did not think one message a day will be considered as spam but your advice taken on board for a new topic.

thank you once again.

have a good day.

Gok
Newly Registered
Columbia

Re:I booked premium visa service before the new system ,Can I use still old version application form ?

Post by Gok » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Gok wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:31 am
Dear Guru CR001,

I booked an appointment premium visa service for 29 November ,downloaded & printed out Set (LR) application form (version 09/2018) filled out by hand 2 weeks ago and get ready for appointment ,

My question is Can I still use this old version application form ? or do I have to apply online ?

Thanks and would appreciate your response.

Gok
Hi
Could anyone please help with my query?
Many thanks

10x
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 10x » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 am

Posting my application timeline with a successful outcome as this site helped me a lot and I believe my post could help others.

At first I tried getting a premium appointment as I felt the cost was justifiable rather than wait up to 6 months for a decision but I couldn't get one. I tried staying up till midnight Mondays - Thursdays and while I was always able to see appointments come up, the site always crashed.

Because of this I opted for the postal route and planned to upgrade once the application was in. There were a few things I found out however:

1. You can't upgrade from postal to premium until you get a caseID which is sent about 4 weeks after you post your application in.

2. It's easier / better to do your biometrics first before applying for the postal to premium upgrade as that means you do not have to attend in person. this lessens your chances of getting rejected because there must be an available slot in a premium centre for them to process an "attending in person" application.

Below is my timeline:

27/07/18: Applied via post - SET (LR)
13/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade (attending in person option selected) - REJECTED as I hadn't received a caseID.
15/08/18: Received email from UK Visas & Immigration stating my caesID and advising it may take up to 6 months to process my application.
15/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade again with caseID - No response
16/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade - Received the following response: "Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application. Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route".
17/08/18: I received a letter to give biometrics and decided I would not send any further emails until I have given my biometrics and can apply via the "not attending in person option".
18/08/18: Attended a post office for Biometrics purposes.
20/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade (not attending in person option selected) - REJECTED as they had reached maximum capacity for the day. Was advised to try again the next day.
21/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade again - No response
22/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade - received provisional acceptance. Was advised that my application was held elsewhere and will be requested from the relevant team. Upon receipt of my documents, they will process payment and aim to process the upgrade withing 5 working days.
12/09/18: Sent an email asking for an update on the status of my application - No response
14/09/18: Received a letter (via post for clarity) advising that my application for ILR was approved and a BRP was on its way

Received my BRP about a week or two later.

Hope this helps someone. The key thing I learned from this site was not giving up when I was told my application was not eligible. I quickly learnt that it was most likely because I was trying to attend in person and they couldn't find a slot in the premium center so it was easier to reject the application.

All the best to everyone applying.

God bless.

Tech0001
Newly Registered

Post by Tech0001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 am

I have the same issue as I have booked premium service appointment on 28th November.

I have contacted UK Visas and Immigration contact centre using 0300 123 2241 and they have advised that I would be able to use printed version during the premium service if you have already printed it.

According to UKVI advise, I will be using printed version as it is less complicated than online version.

Application can be found using this link if you made any mistakes.

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/l ... osetlr.pdf

jl88
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by jl88 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Many thanks 10x for posting the timeline and advice. Congrats on getting your ILR. I've been trying to upgrade from postal to premium and I have been sending in the request at 8 am for almost 2 months but I have got nothing but the acknowledgement letter.

May I know did you fill up the form in pen and scan it or submit the word document. Also, did you sent it at 8:00 am sharp? Also, did they send the provisional acceptance immediately or later in the day?

Many thanks in advance.

hw rose
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by hw rose » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:22 pm

groot05 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 am
hw rose wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Hi
Could I also ask for some advice regarding answering question E14 on the SET(LR) application which states:

"Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with:
the country where you were born
any other country whose nationality you hold
any country where you have live for more than 5 years
Anyone have any advice please?

Many thanks
Hi hw rose, I went along the lines of what family I have in countries where I spent a good amount of time and what my social activities were during my secondary, tertiary and post tertiary education years. For example, sports, cultural (music, drama etc) and professional clubs and societies. I assume even religious or any other activity would be fine.
@groot05, Thank you very much

hw rose
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by hw rose » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi
Wondering if anybody could help with this please?
I'm filling in the paper form SET(LR) for my child who is 12 and there are 2 parts which I'm a bit confused about.
For the declaration it states:
It is mandatory for you to sign below to show you have read and understood the following
declaration. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and returned to you. It must be
signed by you personally and not by a representative or other person acting on your behalf.
If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian should sign on your behalf.

Name:
Signature:
Ok so here it states clearly that I should sign so I sign and write my name here or hers? I'm guessing it's mine?

However for Section 5. Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Name and address of applicant:
Signature:
In this section it says applicant so it's her name but it doesn't state who should sign me or her. As she is under 18 then does this apply here as well and so I sign here as well? :?
Many thanks

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi experts,

Needs some advice. I applied on a 10 year route ILR for me. For my wife and son i applied for dependent visas, all at the same time via post back in Feb 2018. I got my ILR in June 2018. However, its been 10 months now and I haven't received any response for my family.

My Solicitor said that after you got the ILR, you copy will be sent by HO to the other visa department who will attach to my family and then they will make a decision. I am just wondering that if mine was such a straightforward, why it takes so long for the HO to issue visas to my family. My solicitor did send them a few reminders but no response.

Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks
Mansoor

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 pm
Hi experts,

Needs some advice. I applied on a 10 year route ILR for me. For my wife and son i applied for dependent visas, all at the same time via post back in Feb 2018. I got my ILR in June 2018. However, its been 10 months now and I haven't received any response for my family.

My Solicitor said that after you got the ILR, you copy will be sent by HO to the other visa department who will attach to my family and then they will make a decision. I am just wondering that if mine was such a straightforward, why it takes so long for the HO to issue visas to my family. My solicitor did send them a few reminders but no response.

Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks
Mansoor
Did you applied FLR(M) or FLR(FP) for them?

plplplpl
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by plplplpl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am

Hello,

I'm applying for SET (LR) this month after spending 10 years in the UK, my visa record is:

Tier 4 (2008-2009)
Tier 4 (2009-2011)
PSW (2011-2013)
Tier 2 (2013-2016)
Tier 2 (2016-present)

I'm absent from the UK 496 days in total since I first entered the country in 2008, 165 days are work related (research trip & to attend conferences). Do I need to provide a letter from my HR department to state my annual leaves and work related travels since the beginning of my Tier 2?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:54 am

plplplpl wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am
Hello,

I'm applying for SET (LR) this month after spending 10 years in the UK, my visa record is:

Tier 4 (2008-2009)
Tier 4 (2009-2011)
PSW (2011-2013)
Tier 2 (2013-2016)
Tier 2 (2016-present)

I'm absent from the UK 496 days in total since I first entered the country in 2008, 165 days are work related (research trip & to attend conferences). Do I need to provide a letter from my HR department to state my annual leaves and work related travels since the beginning of my Tier 2?

Thank you.
No. For Long Residence ILR there is no difference in absence and ALL absence count toward the limit. No letter required as you are NOT applying based on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hw rose
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by hw rose » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am

Hi there anyone have any advice please???
hw rose wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm
Hi
Wondering if anybody could help with this please?
I'm filling in the paper form SET(LR) for my child who is 12 and there are 2 parts which I'm a bit confused about.
For the declaration it states:
It is mandatory for you to sign below to show you have read and understood the following
declaration. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and returned to you. It must be
signed by you personally and not by a representative or other person acting on your behalf.
If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian should sign on your behalf.

Name:
Signature:
Ok so here it states clearly that I should sign so I sign and write my name here or hers? I'm guessing it's mine?

However for Section 5. Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Name and address of applicant:
Signature:
In this section it says applicant so it's her name but it doesn't state who should sign me or her. As she is under 18 then does this apply here as well and so I sign here as well? :?
Many thanks

groot05
Newly Registered

Post by groot05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am

10x wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 am
Posting my application timeline with a successful outcome as this site helped me a lot and I believe my post could help others.

At first I tried getting a premium appointment as I felt the cost was justifiable rather than wait up to 6 months for a decision but I couldn't get one. I tried staying up till midnight Mondays - Thursdays and while I was always able to see appointments come up, the site always crashed.

Because of this I opted for the postal route and planned to upgrade once the application was in. There were a few things I found out however:

1. You can't upgrade from postal to premium until you get a caseID which is sent about 4 weeks after you post your application in.

2. It's easier / better to do your biometrics first before applying for the postal to premium upgrade as that means you do not have to attend in person. this lessens your chances of getting rejected because there must be an available slot in a premium centre for them to process an "attending in person" application.

Below is my timeline:

27/07/18: Applied via post - SET (LR)
13/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade (attending in person option selected) - REJECTED as I hadn't received a caseID.
15/08/18: Received email from UK Visas & Immigration stating my caesID and advising it may take up to 6 months to process my application.
15/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade again with caseID - No response
16/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade - Received the following response: "Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application. Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route".
17/08/18: I received a letter to give biometrics and decided I would not send any further emails until I have given my biometrics and can apply via the "not attending in person option".
18/08/18: Attended a post office for Biometrics purposes.
20/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade (not attending in person option selected) - REJECTED as they had reached maximum capacity for the day. Was advised to try again the next day.
21/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade again - No response
22/08/18: Applied for premium upgrade - received provisional acceptance. Was advised that my application was held elsewhere and will be requested from the relevant team. Upon receipt of my documents, they will process payment and aim to process the upgrade withing 5 working days.
12/09/18: Sent an email asking for an update on the status of my application - No response
14/09/18: Received a letter (via post for clarity) advising that my application for ILR was approved and a BRP was on its way

Received my BRP about a week or two later.

Hope this helps someone. The key thing I learned from this site was not giving up when I was told my application was not eligible. I quickly learnt that it was most likely because I was trying to attend in person and they couldn't find a slot in the premium center so it was easier to reject the application.

All the best to everyone applying.

God bless.
Hi 10x, congratulations on your ILR and thank you for sharing your experience.

Did you notice payment being taken in between provisional acceptance receiving a latter?

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi all,

I would be grateful if you could advice me on the ILR premium service booking timelines.

I have entered UK on 28-Jan-2009
I will be eligible to apply on 2-Jan-2019

Can I submit my online application now and book an appointment (given that it will be within 45 days of 2-Jan)?
If so, one of the questions in the form is length of residence in the UK, shall I calculate this as of today or as of 2-Jan (appointment day).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:22 pm

arashmg wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Hi all,

I would be grateful if you could advice me on the ILR premium service booking timelines.

I have entered UK on 28-Jan-2009
I will be eligible to apply on 2-Jan-2019

Can I submit my online application now and book an appointment (given that it will be within 45 days of 2-Jan)?
If so, one of the questions in the form is length of residence in the UK, shall I calculate this as of today or as of 2-Jan (appointment day).

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, you can. The date of application is the date of your appointment and that should be within 28 days of the completion of your 10 yr
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm

For anyone who has applied for their ILR with the new system: How soon can you get an appointment with the new online system?

I'm taking my life in the UK test on Wednesday, and need to sort out my ILR (10 year stay route) before Christmas, as I will be travelling then and will go over the limit as a result of the travel.

Otherwise I'll have to wait almost a year to do it.

DysonCat
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by DysonCat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 pm

brrip wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm
For anyone who has applied for their ILR with the new system: How soon can you get an appointment with the new online system?

I'm taking my life in the UK test on Wednesday, and need to sort out my ILR (10 year stay route) before Christmas, as I will be travelling then and will go over the limit as a result of the travel.

I have just submitted my application online. I have been chasing that elusive premium centre appointment from the old system for a month with no success. The new system is great. I have booked mine for next week! From what I can see where I live there were two slots available next week so I would think it shouldn't be as difficult as the old system (which from what I can gather is being phased out thus the limited slots)

There are also loads of service centres for the new system as well - around 56 in the whole country? (compared to previously less than 10!)

Warm Regards
K

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 am

DysonCat wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 pm
brrip wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm

I have just submitted my application online. I have been chasing that elusive premium centre appointment from the old system for a month with no success. The new system is great. I have booked mine for next week! From what I can see where I live there were two slots available next week so I would think it shouldn't be as difficult as the old system (which from what I can gather is being phased out thus the limited slots)

There are also loads of service centres for the new system as well - around 56 in the whole country? (compared to previously less than 10!)

Warm Regards
K
Thanks for your reply!

I'm hoping to do the appointment booking this week.

Do you know what happens after the appointment? It takes them 24 hours to check the documents... do you just get the ILR then?

DysonCat
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by DysonCat » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:47 pm

I just attended my appointment today. Essentially they just take your biometrics/picture and scan your passport. There is no longer any decision making on the day unlike the old PSC system - if you opt for super priority service then you're meant to get a decision the next working day. I have, however come across another user on this forum who were told a decision was made 3 days later instead (Despite opting for next day service).

brrip
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by brrip » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 pm

DysonCat wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:47 pm
I just attended my appointment today. Essentially they just take your biometrics/picture and scan your passport. There is no longer any decision making on the day unlike the old PSC system - if you opt for super priority service then you're meant to get a decision the next working day. I have, however come across another user on this forum who were told a decision was made 3 days later instead (Despite opting for next day service).
what about checking your days out of the country etc?

i ask because about half my trips are back home, and they don't stamp passports on the other end.

plplplpl
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by plplplpl » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 am

Hi all,

I've attended my appointment at Croydon Premium Service Centre yesterday to submit my SET (LR) application. My appointment was made in early October 2018, before the online application was rolled out. So I called the immigration board, and they advised me to email ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gov.uk to check. They replied me on the same day:

"There is currently no reported problems with our online services.

Following the withdrawal of the settlement paper forms and as you have booked a separate appointment would now be required to complete the paper form.

Please see the current PDF of the SET(LR) form above to take to your appointment. "

The PDF they sent me is the 09/18 version, which is the same version Tech0001 shared here before:
Tech0001 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 am
I have the same issue as I have booked premium service appointment on 28th November.

I have contacted UK Visas and Immigration contact centre using 0300 123 2241 and they have advised that I would be able to use printed version during the premium service if you have already printed it.

According to UKVI advise, I will be using printed version as it is less complicated than online version.

Application can be found using this link if you made any mistakes.

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/l ... osetlr.pdf

Below is what happened at the centre:

09:45 - Arrived, security check
10:30 - Registration (my appointment is 10:30, they asked me to wait until exactly 10:30am to register), obtained ticket number
10:36 - ticket number called, officer entered my details on the system, gave me a folder and asked me to put all supporting documents in, then wait for number to be called again to give biometrics
11:10 - ticket number called, gave finger prints and took photo, and passed my folder to the officer.
14:45 - ticket number called, my application has been approved, returned all my original documents (they took all the photocopies).

Supporting documents I attached:
2 x previous passports (i have all my previous passports, so no need to provide additional documents)
Life in the UK test result
UK academic qualification (for English)

Number of days absence from the UK:
I travelled quite a lot in the past 10 years for both work and leisure, the total number of my FULL DAY absence from the UK was 500 days. I listed all of them on page 11 (and continued on additional pages), including half day absence (eg. leave UK on Saturday, came back on Sunday, count as 0 day).

Photocopy:
I provided photocopies of all my supporting documents, including all pages of my previous and current passports.

Hope this helps, good luck all! :)

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Dear All,
I started to fill online appli form set LR for mu wife. It is asking 2years address proof. I am gathering old letters but couldnt find many. Is there any other way for this?
Also once I fill online appli form and book appt for same say/premium 24 hrs, will i be able to upload any missing documents like cover letter from soli, bank statement...etc after the payment is done?

Awaiting your reply suggestion, experiences, advise.

Many thanks in advance.