ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being self employed and owning a business

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AJwife
Newly Registered

Being self employed and owning a business

Post by AJwife » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:04 am

Hello,

Enquiring for a friend, he owns his own business so works for himself but is a continuous over stayer I’m estimating about 20 years. I’m attempting to get him to regularise his stay but he’s concerned so keeps delaying. What are the laws on owning a business and can he potentially have his accounts frozen by applying for leave to remain or will he have to close his business? He has a child whose 11 now 12 early next year she’s also a British Citizen, if he is to apply and be grated as a parent will he be granted only 4 years to her 16th birthday or would he be able to apply to complete the 5/10 years despite her age?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Being self employed and owning a business

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 am

He has no legal right to work as an overstayer, in any capacity!

Yes, bank accounts can be frozen.

general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-banks-t ... 39900.html

No free NHS either.

general-uk-immigration-forum/review-of- ... 57829.html
if he is to apply and be grated as a parent will he be granted only 4 years to her 16th birthday or would he be able to apply to complete the 5/10 years despite her age?
If he can get a FLR(FP) visa, it is a 10 year route - 4 x 2.5 year visas - to ILR.

Where is his partner/childrens other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AJwife
Newly Registered

Re: Being self employed and owning a business

Post by AJwife » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 am

She’s in the UK however they are separated, he’s active in his daughters life.