ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS doubling has been approved

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bsc2007
India

IHS doubling has been approved

Post by bsc2007 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:44 am

So its official. The worst has happened. I was somehow hoping that the MPs will not approve it - especially with the ongoing turmoil.

Take a look at how your MP has voted:
https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 ... Type=Names

Extortionist visa fees, double university fees, hefty taxes, double car insurance for outsiders, can't buy a home as mortgage not allowed so rent to pay, no family or friend to support, nursery fees as no grandparents/family, daily beloved and bias at work, not to mention the social life and weather... No clue why I am still clinging on to this UK life. I keep on saying myself coz I like to be here, but truth is that I just don't have enough courage to get out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS doubling has been approved

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 am

No one is forcing anyone to remain/live in the UK, everyone has a choice to stay/leave etc. There are other countries obviously, but you pay substantially more for medical care, i.e. Australia and USA etc as an example.

I will lock this topic to avoid it becoming a complete rant fest by all and sundry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:57 am

Citation, commencement and interpretation wrote:1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Immigration (Health Charge) (Amendment) Order 2018 and comes into force on the twenty-first day after the day on which it is made.
(2) In this Order, “the Principal Order” means the Immigration (Health Charge) Order 2015(1).
Amendment of Schedule 1 to the Principal Order wrote:3.—(1) Schedule 1 (amount of the charge) to the Principal Order is amended as follows.
(2) In the second column of the Table (annual amount)—
(a)in the entry “application for entry clearance or leave to remain as a student, in accordance with the immigration rules”, for “£150” substitute “£300”;
(b)in the entry “application for entry clearance or leave to remain as the dependant of a student, in accordance with the immigration rules”, for “£150” substitute “£300”;
(c)in the entry “application for entry clearance as a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Temporary Migrant in accordance with the immigration rules”, for “£150” substitute “£300”;
(d)in the entry “all other applications for entry clearance or leave to remain”, for “£200” substitute “£400”.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:12 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 am

Ah. Not final yet.
23 November 2018
House of Lords Scheduled for a Chamber debate
Find out more about this stage

bsc2007
India

IHS doubling in Feb 2019?

Post by bsc2007 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 am

I was reading the insightful transcript of yesterday's debate. Lord Rosser, Column 637 mentions "...the doubling of the immigration health charge to £400, which the Government intend to levy from February next year..."!

:!:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:13 am

House of Lords Debate.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm