ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M new online application asking birth cert of parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

FLR-M new online application asking birth cert of parents

Post by srimurthy333 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi,

I was filling FLR-M new online application for my spouse and dependant children.

As part of the process its asking both Parents birth certificate. I don't have birth cert for us. Please advice how to deal with this?

Thanks,
Sreeni

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR-M new online application asking birth cert of parents

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:11 pm

never seen/heard any refusal due to not attaching parents birth certificates if passports are attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Any views on this? Has any one submitted Flr m with out birth certificates in the new system?

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Please help: FLR-M new online application asking birth cert of parents

Post by srimurthy333 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi,
I am applying for FLR-M for my spouse and kid. The online system is asking for birth certificate of kids parents... mine and my wife's birth certificate. we don't have birth certificates and not sure what to do.

Birth certificate of both of Miss xxxxx parents

Has any one new system to apply? any advice on what should I do, please help.

thanks

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi, can any one suggest what can i do in this situation? I need to apply for extension soon.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:02 am

Can you not get hold off your copies of your birth certificates from where it was originally issued?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Crabbycakes
Newly Registered

Post by Crabbycakes » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm

There are a lot of additional and strange questions in the online version that are not present in the paper copy.

I called the advice line and the response was, 'you have to provide whatever docs the online form tells you to provide. If you cannot provide it, you need to explain in a covering letter why'.

Also the reps on the advice line are only trained on the paper form so they could not explain why the content differs so we started again on paper form and submitted 6 weeks ago.

So I'd suggest you either submit without the birth certificate and explain why you don't have it OR complete the paper form

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi,

Are they accepting postal application for FLR-M. The form has been updated recently dated 11/18. And says if you are asking fees waiver, use this form otherwise apply online.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -11-18.pdf

Could any one confirm if we can still apply by post and which form to use?

please help.

mbist

Post by mbist » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi srimurty,
i am in same situation.
My wife doesn't have birth certificate but I do.

It seems we have no choice but to submit online only, as the paper one is for those who are applying for fee waiver.

I have checked the paper form and it doesn't ask for birth certificate of parents.
As per you, the online does.

I am not too concerned about it, I would just explain that we don't have one and the birth date can be confirmed from the passport.

Good luck!

srimurthy333
Newly Registered

Post by srimurthy333 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, if you have any covering letter template for this could you please share it.

Thanks

mbist

Post by mbist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Just in plain words explain you don't have one and dob can be confirmed from the passport. We enclosed a school certificate along with passport, these two shows the dob.

aerojay786
Newly Registered

Post by aerojay786 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 am

Silly system doesn't let you proceed until you tick the boxes anyway.

I had birth certificate for me and nothing for my wife who born in Pakistan and I didn't have a specific mention to it in my cover letter at all and I even entered wrong pay information and late employer letter (dated 2nd October but online submission 23 September) just made a cover letter for these to issue and ignored birth certificate issue about my wife totally.

Anyways I budgeted for a refusal due to my vital work late document and to my surprise received visa flr m back in like 10 days absolutely happy .

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:47 am

Wow excellent!!! Congrats!
I would be worried if I did those mistakes...I am not worried birth birth certificate...they cant refuse on that basis..and the paper form doesn't even ask for it..

You said you received in 10 days...was it a Premium service you took? coz standard ones take 6-8 weeks isn't it?

aerojay786
Newly Registered

Post by aerojay786 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 am

Hi there due to the nature of my circumstances and late docs I thought it wasn't worth paying for premium and I kept it simple for the standard maximum wait in anticipation of a rejection and to put the saving into a new application with everything ready. All of my family were aware too and couldn't believe it been it went through and back in 10 days.
So it was late employer letter and an out of date payslip over 28 days but due to my wait managed to get my most up to date payslip and wrote a cover letter and they accepted it. All of this was inside my same application supporting docs pack.

To make it clear it was our 2nd extension flr m we didn't get the life in UK pass for indefinite so chose that as the basis of extension option.
It might bt cynical in thinking this but nothing surprised me anymore with the government but this option to extend constantly due to not having life in UK pass is a nice little earner for them.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am

Of course, it’s not worth paying for the Premium!
Yes, 10 days is very quick! Hope our comes quickly too… I am posting my docs today…. Applying for 1st extension after initial Leave to Enter…

Oo it's a shame that just coz of LIUK you have to apply from 2nd extension… you should have given that exam much in advance…. But no point thinking now…
So once you get the LIUK, would/can you apply immediately for ILR? Apply before April as they would increase fee for sure…
Thanks,

aerojay786
Newly Registered

Post by aerojay786 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm

To be honest the level of English my wife has is well below the level of Even understanding the life in UK questions never mind get them to 18/24 so it was pot luck. She is attending some English classes at the moment esol and helps out the children with homework so hopefully will pick up the vocabulary and understanding over a period of time. Nevertheless we will keep renewing until she passes one day due to having a greater grasp of the language in general. So our extensions will be pretty simple nothing drastically will change I hope and I wish that I can get the same 10 day processing time in roughly 30 month time to get it out of the way lol.

mbist

Post by mbist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Ok Good luck...
But I am sure you can apply for ILR anytime when she cleared LIUK...dont have to wait for another 30 months..

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 pm

srimurthy333 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi,

I was filling FLR-M new online application for my spouse and dependant children.

As part of the process its asking both Parents birth certificate. I don't have birth cert for us. Please advice how to deal with this?

Thanks,
Sreeni

Hi sreeni

I am now filling FLR M online application and i am struck in the same question? the online form asking for both parent birth certificate which we dont have.
Hope you have applied and what did you do? Did you manage to get it? are there any covering letter sample to explain this please ?
Your reply will be very helpful.
Thanks
vpruk

Carsam
Newly Registered

Post by Carsam » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 am

Hi I am new here.. is it definite that we now do the online form? Tbh... I'm only really bothered about birth cert from my daughter's dad??? It's a stupid request... his name is on her birth cert... my should they want his? There is no way I can get it anyway. What should i do?