ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal timelines at London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ShrutiBlue
India

Indian Passport renewal timelines at London

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:16 am

Hi guys

My passport is expiring in March 2018 and I want to renew it now. The Indian High Commission seems to be open on August bank holiday so I thought I would make an appointment for then, saving me a day off work.

The only thing is that I have to go to India on 30th September so was wondering how long it usually takes to get the new passport.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Indian Passport renewal timelines at London

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 am

Anyone?

A couple more questions- I need to get my husband's name added to my passport as well but he's in the US and so I don't have his original passport. Will self-attested copies be enough?

Also, the VFS website states that the applicants need to take silver envelopes, can I take normal jiffy bag/bubble wrap envelopes or do they have to be the silver ones? And how many envelopes are needed for passport renewal?

hemant_lakhani

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm

I applied for passport renewal in London, and I received new passport in 1 week.
I had no updates required.

If you need any change (change in address, add spouse name,..etc) you need to provide proof, like marriage certificate, spouse passport. I believe if you do not have your husband passport in original, you can take copy and also a letter mentioning reason if he is on travel during your appointment just in case they need letter mentioning the reason.

Just for information, if you are not planing to travel, You can also renew passport after it expires.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am

Thank you for your reply! Its a relief to know you got it within a week.

Yeah I called VFS and they said that a copy of my husband's passport will do if I don't have the original.

I understand that you can renew even after your passport expires, however, you need to have at least 6 months valid on your passport if you want to apply for any visas, which is why I'm doing it in advance. Also because I would be a nervous wreck if I let it expire first! :lol:

Londondian
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Londondian » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Unfortunately, my experience with HCI has been disappointing.
Applied in London, its been over THREE weeks (17 workings days) and no re-issue still.
VFS is efficient, HCI moves at snails pace.
HCI replies to email but with rhetorical assurances.

siddharthpandey
Newly Registered

Post by siddharthpandey » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Londondian wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm
Unfortunately, my experience with HCI has been disappointing.
Applied in London, its been over THREE weeks (17 workings days) and no re-issue still.
VFS is efficient, HCI moves at snails pace.
HCI replies to email but with rhetorical assurances.

Hi Londondian, did you manage to get your passport back? was it a non-tatkal request with no modification?
Please reply soon.