ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ilovethebeatles

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Some members have reported that they had not received any communication until they got BRP delivered to their door after a week. Most cases reported were from Birmingham centre. I guess you may get it today or tomorrow at your door.
uniborn wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Hi I had my appointment(Premium service) in Birmingham centre on 15th and have not received any communication yet.. could anyone please suggest what can I do to find out if there is any issue with my application? I applied for ILR(LR).

Regards

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm

zdzoan wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:16 pm
If I upload my supporting documents by myself do I still need to pay for scanning them? Or do I need to pay for checking them? Can I only pay for biometrics and upload my docs by myself?
Yes, you can upload your own documents if you choose to do so. You can also get them checked for an extra cost before your biometrics appointment. If you have missed any, they can be scanned and uploaded at the appointment.

Hauvn
Newly Registered

Post by Hauvn » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi,
Can you please give me a link for new system to book appointment with new service points? My visa is nearly expired now. And I couldn’t find any link to do application online, pay online and book appointment online.
Thanks a lot if some one can help me.

Hauvn
Newly Registered

Post by Hauvn » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I have the same problem. Any update yet? Thanks

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Hauvn wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi,
Can you please give me a link for new system to book appointment with new service points? My visa is nearly expired now. And I couldn’t find any link to do application online, pay online and book appointment online.
Thanks a lot if some one can help me.
Below is the the link for SET(O) application online form.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

Hauvn
Newly Registered

Post by Hauvn » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi there,
I have done the application on that website. But at the final stage it only show 2 options( standard service and premium service). When I choose premium service, showed no appointment available for next 45 business days. I couldn’t see any link for new system
Have you done your application and book appointment with new system?
Thanks

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 pm

I've been waiting all week for the new centres in London to come online (Barbican, Kensington, Victoria, etc) and gave up today and booked £200 appointment at the London Premium Centre. Tried to get a free one at Croydon and nothing available until December 3rd! Which is too late for us.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Does anybody know if we cancel an appointment under the new system to reschedule it, do we get a refund?

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by TD84 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello,

Is it a requirement to upload the mandatory documents in your experience?Or can we just pay for the add on scanning service which is stated on the website I also called them and they said they can scan the documentss needed on site as I don’t have a scanner. And I am not sure if photographs are alright as well. Can someone share their experience with me I have an upcoming appointment next week at the service center in Croydon as the central london locations until now are not up and running.

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by TD84 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 pm

michali wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm
zdzoan wrote:
If I upload my supporting documents by myself do I still need to pay for scanning them? Or do I need to pay for checking them? Can I only pay for biometrics and upload my docs by myself?
Yes, you can upload your own documents if you choose to do so. You can also get them checked for an extra cost before your biometrics appointment. If you have missed any, they can be scanned and uploaded at the appointment.

Hi! Is it also okay if I just bring all the original documents there and just have it scanned at the centre?As I am struggling to find a scanning service thanks!

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by TD84 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:22 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 pm
I've been waiting all week for the new centres in London to come online (Barbican, Kensington, Victoria, etc) and gave up today and booked £200 appointment at the London Premium Centre. Tried to get a free one at Croydon and nothing available until December 3rd! Which is too late for us.
Same here! They kept promising that it will come up soon but I gave up and also booked an appointment at the Croydon centre. Really frustrating as I paid extra 100 pounds on top of the super priority rate.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm

TD84 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 pm
michali wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm
zdzoan wrote:

Hi! Is it also okay if I just bring all the original documents there and just have it scanned at the centre?As I am struggling to find a scanning service thanks!

You can but I don’t know if they do this at all the centres. Hopefully someone who has been through the process will be able to confirm.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:18 am

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Does anybody know if we cancel an appointment under the new system to reschedule it, do we get a refund?
Hi, yes you can get a refund because i've done the same. However, you cannot see which new appointment dates are available until you've cancelled your old one. So it is a risk. you might cancelled your one and then could not find a new one thats suitable for your.

Hauvn
Newly Registered

Post by Hauvn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:48 am

Please help me. I would like to do application and book appointment online, but I couldn’t find any link to do that. With the old system, it only show 2 options (standard and premium service), and cannot book appointment with premium service Center. If someone knows how to use new system, please help me. My visa is nearly expired.
Thanks a lot

zdzoan
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by zdzoan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 am

Hi
I am wondering if they olny scan reference and consent pages for MN1 or they still send hard copies to HO as NDRS do?

kmch
Newly Registered

Post by kmch » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm

i went on Tuesday to B'mgham and had the same scenario, no emails or mails till now

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm

nihalcastelino wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm
i went on Tuesday to B'mgham and had the same scenario, no emails or mails till now
I Went there on Wednesday (21/11/2018). Same story. I think they should really compensate us for all the mental stress we go through. A simple email which some people received is what we need within 24 hours. What is the point of paying extra 600gbp if they cant even set up a consistent email system. this is really disappointing.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:50 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm
nihalcastelino wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm
I Went there on Wednesday (21/11/2018). Same story. I think they should really compensate us for all the mental stress we go through. A simple email which some people received is what we need within 24 hours. What is the point of paying extra 600gbp if they cant even set up a consistent email system. this is really disappointing.
exactly, it seems prob their backend cant cope with the documents or volume or both, or number of agents might be too small for the number that applied

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm

kmch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.
To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm
kmch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi ,

To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.
the self service biometrics machine is crap, it couldnt take my pic in more than 15 tries. had to go to a human booth , then they found they need to re do my wife's biometrics. the only saving grace is that they were polite and nice, helpful

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:53 pm

kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm
If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

I contacted DX today and asked to check if any courier assigned to my address.

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma
Hi, how do you know if DX has a parcel for you? do you call them and ask? I went to my appointment on thursday, but haven't had any news from them.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:57 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:44 pm
kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm
If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

I contacted DX today and asked to check if any courier assigned to my address.

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma
Hi kenvac,

Thank you

I just got ilr approval letter via royalmail.

Hope i get BRP also today.

varma
Hi, did you get an approval letter via royal mail? How long does it take? I went to my appointment on thursday, but havent heard anything from them. Paid for super premium too.

Rub22
Newly Registered

Post by Rub22 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 am

Hi everyone,

I have been following your post from the beginning. Thank you for sharing. Very helpful.

I need to apply for my old(set m). Is there are any Priority Visa Service?

Regards,
Rub

Thara
Newly Registered

Post by Thara » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Can you lease tell me the specifications of scan the supporting documents
Do I need to scan all pages of the passports