ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS increase again?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: IHS increase again?

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:35 pm
I read somewhere they will ask EU people to apply using a much simpler form and around £60. It's all speculations tho.
The have already very cheap system of application. In past the application was totally free.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mbist

Post by mbist » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:16 pm

daku wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:30 pm
Not sure how it would work as they probably want you to pay the fee valid at the time of the application. I’m keeping a close eye on it.

The fees just keep going up. It takes them a fraction of the price to process it. For these amount of money premium should already be inlcluded. I refuse to pay premium to these leeches.
Yes if not required, no point paying extra for the premium to the 'leeches' Haaa...

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm

daku wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm
My understanding is that this going to the house of lords to be voted next week.
Correct. On 28th November 2018. It will likely go through on the nod (i.e. nobody is likely to shout "Object" or have a debate) as it has been approved by the Commons.

It was objected to in the Commons on Tuesday, 20th November 2018, but was approved by a vote the next day.

The document linked to is a draft statutory instrument. That means that once approved by both Houses, it will be made into a Statutory Instrument (SI), which itself will take effect 21 days after the Minister signs the SI. Assuming that it is approved by the Lords, if the minister signs it the same day (28th November), I would expect it to come into effect in the 3rd week of December.
daku wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm
Surely it can't take effect mid-month.
Yes it can. While immigration fees generally increase on the 6th of April every year, we have seen increases out of the blue, such as on 12th July (2012, I think, but not sure). So, not impossible for the fees to go up mid-month or even mid-week, though the parliamentary procedure of enacting statutory legislation gives us time to prepare.

And don't call me Shirley.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.