ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PakPrice
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Standard Visit Visa

Post by PakPrice » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:52 am

I'm not sure if I have the right forum in regards to asking questions about the Standard Visit Visa for the U.K. In the hope that I am I'd like to ask the following:
The visa application has to be done online and no sooner than 3 months before planned visit to U.K. However, I have no idea of what the actual online application format will look like as I can't find anything in relation to this. What I have found however, is the paper form copy (VAF1A April 2015) which is for North Korean citizens unable to use use open internet. Additionally I have the Guidance Notes to go with this form as well as the general Visitor Supporting Documents Guide. Could someone please tell me if the paper application copy & accompanying Guidance Notes mentioned are pretty much in the same format/ask the same questions as the online application? I assume it does but would like to be sure so I can gather the appropriate information/documents in advance.
Thank you for any information that anyone can provide regarding this.
David

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Standard Visit Visa

Post by terriblescream » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:03 pm

The online form is now interactive and will provide you supporting document checklist telling you what documents you need to submit.

The questions are similar to printed one.

All visa applications should be online at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

PakPrice
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Standard Visit Visa

Post by PakPrice » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have been to that site & have guidance notes + standard visit visa form for North Koreans, but can't actually see if online form differs in any way until I actually start my submission 3 months before i plan to visit the U.K. However, you seem to think the same as me, that the North Korean printed form/guidance notes are pretty similar to the online application.

I have another question if you (or someone else) might be able to help with. I have to demonstrate that I have enough funds for my trip and provide a weekly & total cost budget. I have prepared these. I can demonstrate that I have a wage coming into my accounts each month while in the U.K. (plan to be there for 5.5 months) and that I also have about 4 times the amount of the total cost of my trip available in savings. However, I have read on a forum that the amount of savings isn't always what they make a decision on, despite it being more than ample to cover the trip costs in this case, but rather, that it is also balanced on a ratio compared to monthly earnings. Do you know if this is the case or if ample savings demonstrates that I won't become a burden to the state? Thank you.

David Price.