ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Albanian national and limited company working rights

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CaraLoft18
Newly Registered
Albania

Albanian national and limited company working rights

Post by CaraLoft18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:50 am

Hi.
I have a friend who is want to seek residency in the UK. He's an Albanian national. His brother is here as a UK citizen and has a business. He wants to offer him directorship of his business OR my friend has funds to set up his own business. I've seen there are entraprenuar visa applications. I've also seen through my work a Turkish national with a BRP based on self employment only (he was ltd)

What would be the easiest and quickest application process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Albanian national and limited company working rights

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am

Does he have access to £200k??

Note that Turkish citizens have a completely separate visa route they can follow.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CaraLoft18
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by CaraLoft18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm

He has access to 100k sterling

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:32 pm

To qualify for an Entrepreneur visa he needs £200k.

Simply being a director in a friend's business is not enough unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CaraLoft18
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by CaraLoft18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:25 pm

I just looked it up. From what I can gather, the 200k can be from an investor or himself or part and part, along with a solid business plan etc etc.

Would this be the most straight forward option for him do you think? His brother has a business and can offer him work but I can't find a straight answer on standard visa entry requirements??

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 pm

CaraLoft18 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:25 pm
I just looked it up. From what I can gather, the 200k can be from an investor or himself or part and part, along with a solid business plan etc etc.

Would this be the most straight forward option for him do you think? His brother has a business and can offer him work but I can't find a straight answer on standard visa entry requirements??
If he is coming to work for your brother's business, he can try the Tier 2 general visa. His brother's business has to first register itself as a sponsor. You can google for details of that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.