ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with CD10 charge

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR with CD10 charge

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am

Hi everyone,
I really need some expert advice on this:
My husband is on tier 2 general visa. He is eligible to apply for an ILR now. He was stopped by police on 03/04/2018 for careless driving. We never received any notice, fine or points after that. His premium ILR appointment was booked for 03/10/2018. We did not declare it as we never received anything regarding that case. The visa office told him that he has a pending prosecution and they cannot give him decision in premium appointment. We got a court summon on the same day. A police officer came to drop all the documents.Our visas are due to expire on 28/12/2018. Case is still pending and in court now, the court date is for January. We will have to apply his ILR before end of December with the pending court case. Can anyone advice me, if he gets court convicted (fine or points) how would that affect his ILR? Is it a record-able offence? Thanks in advance.

tarun_shreeji

Re: ILR with CD10 charge

Post by tarun_shreeji » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm

When police office stop you, he ask you about your details or ID? And he discuss about any notice ?
Nqf level 4 business

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:53 pm

He said that we would either get a fine, points or court notice. But we never got anything for 5 months and 29 days. we got it on the last day, and it was our premium service appointment on that day.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:08 pm

To answer your previous question in your opening post, CD10 is a criminal offence and is recorded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. But i have seen some cases on this forum where people have said its a non-recordable offence. This is all so confusing for us.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:06 pm

tehreemkhan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 pm
Thanks for your reply. But i have seen some cases on this forum where people have said its a non-recordable offence. This is all so confusing for us.
On further research, it appears that providing the offence doesn't carry a custodial sentence, it is non-recordable.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:11 pm

That's a relief. Thanks.
I guess its non-custodial because court can only give fine or points on CD10. Where did you search this? I can have a read through that as well as its getting on our nerves.

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm

If it's not recorded, then its should not affect the ILR outcome. Right?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:23 pm

tehreemkhan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm
If it's not recorded, then its should not affect the ILR outcome. Right?
Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks guys, we have contacted quite a few immigration solicitors and they have been giving mixed responses and don't promise any outcome, which is depressing for us.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:44 pm

tehreemkhan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Thanks guys, we have contacted quite a few immigration solicitors and they have been giving mixed responses and don't promise any outcome, which is depressing for us.
CD10 does NOT lead to a custodial sentence just FPN or penalty points. So it is clearly not recordable. You should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks Zimba. Somehow our road traffic solicitor also thinks that it would be recorded on criminal record. We can't get premium appointment now. Will apply through post and once we get our outcome, il update you all. Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 am

tehreemkhan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm
Thanks Zimba. Somehow our road traffic solicitor also thinks that it would be recorded on criminal record. We can't get premium appointment now. Will apply through post and once we get our outcome, il update you all. Thanks
Instead apply through new Sopra steria system using 24 hours priority option
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 am

makky86 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 am
tehreemkhan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm
Instead apply through new Sopra steria system using 24 hours priority option
With a pending prosecution, the OP is unlikely to get any decision until the outcome of the pending prosecution. The ILR application will be put on hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehreemkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tehreemkhan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks guys. We are over the moon today. Our CD10 case is dropped by the prosecutor fiscal today. So no pending prosecution or court case now. How does the new system work? We are good to apply through the new system now.