ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vini81
Brazil

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Vini81 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi Monz,

Yes, we've applied on the child basis. We have two girls but only one qualifies for the 'continuous 7 year rule' . My other girl is 3 and although both being born here, only one satisfies that rule.

I understand it isn't a simple case however we're are fighting with everything we can at the hearing. We're are taking as reference our friend's case which was very similar to ours and they were granted at one of these hearings.

I have another friend who just had their hearing last week in Birmingham, also same case as ours. It went apparently well and we will know in a few weeks what the judge will say. They've presented their bundle with all other evidences gathered since they applied last year. I am kinda using it to start preparing our bundle and also adding everything else we have in order to make it to the hearing.

We have six months and in a way it is good as I am seriously thinking doing it myself. I will of course get a barrister to present our case at the hearing but I can no longer trust my solicitors and their fees of £4000 for the appeal and hearing proceedings is something I can no longer afford.

We'll see how it goes. I will keep you posted.

Monz wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:34 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 pm
Yeah, difficult to understand the criteria they use but hey, what can we do right?

Are you the bundle yourself or sticking with solicitors?

Monz wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am
Hey Monz, we received our hearing date yesterday. It will be in May in Hatton Cross Feltham. I am furios 😡😡6 months!!!!

At least they didn't send us to Birmingham or Cardiff 😀

It's funny because a friend of mine had his in less than two months and another friend, who applied in August has his hearing also in Feb. You've applied last month right and so did I and still, I got it in 6 months time.. So annoying!

Oh long wait .Sad ppl who want early date gets late n we want a bit late but got in feb .as our child will b 7 in July :( wish u best of luck 👍
We doing through solicitor .but she hasn’t started anything yet 🙄.said got enough time jus keep gathering kids school certificates or anything tht can help specially the older one which will b 12 years .how old is yours kids ? U have applied on kids bases is int it ?

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi vini81,
You have got appeal hearing in 6 months. I am expecting my hearing in Hatton Cross court too as we live in this area too. You said that your two friends got hearing in Birmingham and Manchester. May I ask if those places were closest to them or do they live your nearby.
I want to have hearing date as earliest as possible and I have contacted my Mp too regarding the same. Is there any chance that we get the date earlier wherever it is available quote.
=Vini81 post_id=1709529 time=1543233693 user_id=197368]
Hi Monz,

Yes, we've applied on the child basis. We have two girls but only one qualifies for the 'continuous 7 year rule' . My other girl is 3 and although both being born here, only one satisfies that rule.

I understand it isn't a simple case however we're are fighting with everything we can at the hearing. We're are taking as reference our friend's case which was very similar to ours and they were granted at one of these hearings.

I have another friend who just had their hearing last week in Birmingham, also same case as ours. It went apparently well and we will know in a few weeks what the judge will say. They've presented their bundle with all other evidences gathered since they applied last year. I am kinda using it to start preparing our bundle and also adding everything else we have in order to make it to the hearing.

We have six months and in a way it is good as I am seriously thinking doing it myself. I will of course get a barrister to present our case at the hearing but I can no longer trust my solicitors and their fees of £4000 for the appeal and hearing proceedings is something I can no longer afford.

Monz wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Yeah, difficult to understand the criteria they use but hey, what can we do right?

Monz wrote:

Oh long wait .Sad ppl who want early date gets late n we want a bit late but got in feb .as our child will b 7 in July :( wish u best of luck 👍
We doing through solicitor .but she hasn’t started anything yet 🙄.said got enough time jus keep gathering kids school certificates or anything tht can help specially the older one which will b 12 years .how old is yours kids ? U have applied on kids bases is int it ?
[/quote]

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi Sky 10,

I live in SE16 and got my hearing date in Hatton Cross on May 23rd.

The one who had the hearing in Birmingham lives just outside the M25 in Apsley , Hemel Hampstead. The other one lives in London, Nw10 and he got his hearing in Manchester. .. Strange right?

So, not sure what's their criteria on allocating these hearing dates.

Sk10 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:50 pm
Hi vini81,
You have got appeal hearing in 6 months. I am expecting my hearing in Hatton Cross court too as we live in this area too. You said that your two friends got hearing in Birmingham and Manchester. May I ask if those places were closest to them or do they live your nearby.
I want to have hearing date as earliest as possible and I have contacted my Mp too regarding the same. Is there any chance that we get the date earlier wherever it is available quote.
=Vini81 post_id=1709529 time=1543233693 user_id=197368]
Hi Monz,

Monz wrote:
Vini81 wrote:

Monz wrote:

[/quote]

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Hi Monz,

Monz wrote:
Vini81 wrote:

Monz wrote:

We think our daughter case is more strong for us rite now not born here but she is 12. She was 4 when came here .son is 6 n born here .can u plz advice wht docu your friend showed might help us in making bundle .thanks

Schwaa
Newly Registered

Post by Schwaa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi is it consistently taking >6 months for FLR (FP) cases to be decided?

My wife is here on a student visa expiring early next year, we have a 2 month old baby together. I cannot provide all necessary evidence for FLR (M) earning requirements as I have a Ltd Company, I do have a house I can sell to meet savings requirements but it will take a while.

Our advisor says that she has consistent success with FLR FP cases and we can apply that way but mentioned varying the visa, so my idea is to apply FP but vary to M as soon as house is sold It would be reassuring if we believe that the FP application should be accepted if I could not sell my house though.

Schwaa
Newly Registered

Post by Schwaa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:24 pm

I cannot edit so just pointing out that I am a British citizen and so is our baby
Schwaa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

My wife is here on a student visa expiring early next year, we have a 2 month old baby together. I cannot provide all necessary evidence for FLR (M) earning requirements as I have a Ltd Company, I do have a house I can sell to meet savings requirements but it will take a while.

Our advisor says that she has consistent success with FLR FP cases and we can apply that way but mentioned varying the visa, so my idea is to apply FP but vary to M as soon as house is sold. It would be reassuring if we believe that the FP application should be accepted if I could not sell my house though.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Schwaa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Our advisor says that she has consistent success with FLR FP cases and we can apply that way but mentioned varying the visa, so my idea is to apply FP but vary to M as soon as house is sold It would be reassuring if we believe that the FP application should be accepted if I could not sell my house though.
IF you apply the FLR FP Partner 10 year route BEFORE the visa expires, you won't have a problem varying to another visa.
The main thing is that your wife has a visa, she's got a valid BRP. The problem is that you'll be on a new route so her ILR will reset to the 10 year path. You will not have a problem and I don't think you need to sell the house to be that drastic.

piece of advice, do NOT let her overstay. Do NOT be afraid to apply for the appropriate route. You simply do not meet the financial obligations of a FLR M but do qualify for FLR FP.

The new system is set up so it's meant to be easier and apply online, no idea how it works but we had a same day success for an overstayer on a FLR FP route, very different to yours.

Just make sure you meet all the requirements for the partner route - cohabitation documents, marriage certificate and of course, your child makes a big difference. Apply online, provide a cover note with evidence and job is done. You don't need a solicitor but if you can afford one, go for it.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Nav222
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Nav222 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 am

Hi Guys, How we all doing.
I have been silent reader from while and manage to find lots of useful information from your replies.
Finally we have got out BRP's 3 days ago (we are over the moon right now as waited 6 years for this day, My daughter always says she want to go Disneyland Paris for her 8th Birthday - Dream comes true sometimes :P ) so just want to share my time line with you.

2010 - I came along with my wife for her master degree
2011 - We had our little daughter born here UK
2012 - Our Visa runs out and we were not able to apply for PSW as its was ended in 2012 / 04
2012 - 2018 Feb. Somehow we managed by time applying visa numerous times regarding Article 8 private life (always got rejected and spend hell lots of money for applications and solicitor)
2018 Feb - My Daughter turns 7 so my solicitor advised me this is out best shot
2018 March - Applied FLR (FP) Based on 7 Year Child
2018 June - DID Broomsticks
2018 November 26th - One of the happiest day our my life's (Granted for 30 Months) Till 05/2021

My Verdict:
1. For the 7 Year Child based application - Your child will play major role in this application. make sure all her/his educational /after school activities / other activities are spot on provide plenty of proofs with application
My wife did most of the things in our application, she managed to get hell lots of letters & Pictures from almost everywhere (all the activities my doughtier did. Swimming / dancing / Gymnastic / Art you name it)

2. Find a good solicitor and do not change, stick with his/ her. I have been with my solicitor since 2012 and she know everything inside out our life's during past 6 years. She made a awesome covering letter, Match to our documents.

Thats all Ladies & Gents (My next application on 04/2021) Peace of mind till then
Good luck all, hope everyone have good news to share soon
Bye for now
Nav

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Application type (FLR(FP) (Parent 5 Year route)
Application Submitted on : 21/01/2018
Biometric Letter Received : 16/02/2018
Biometrics Enrolled on : 19/02/2018
Additional Documents Requested - yes
Decision Letter- 21/11/2018
Date of BRP issue -22/12/2018(this was date on BRP)
Supporting document and passport still waiting should be arrive in next few days.

Whole process took 11 months
Thank you God.

Agada
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Agada » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:40 am

dear all,
greetings
I have been a member of this platform before I made my application. i just feel like sharing my success story as it may lift someone's spirit in this journey of endless wait.

I applied for FLR(FP) parent route of 5 years or 10 years.

applied on the 27/04/2018 by post which was a Friday,
feels taken on the 01/05/2018,
my baby mama (ex now) passport returned on the 03/05/2018,
biometric letter received on the 11/05/2018 and done same day,
additional documents requested on the 04/11/2018 with deadline to be 15/11/2018
additional documents sent on the 13/11/2018 express next day delivery,
decision made on the 15/11/2018.
got an email from DX DELIVERY by 05:31 AM that BRP card schedule for delivery on the 19/11/2018.
I missed it that day then order for re-delivery then got it on 20/11/2018
all my documents were returned on the 21/11/20118.

IMMIGRATION HISTORY:
student 2013-2017.
came as a visitor for my professional exam in 2017
came back again as a visitor for my child's birth in 2018.
I have never over stayed before.

I want to use this medium to advice every member of this forum not to use sh*t layers/solicitor or some stupid firm. as I am talking to you now the solicitor I paid 2 grand (2,000 pound) don't know that I have been given a RESIDENT PERMIT yet. since the day I deposit 1 grand (1,000 pounds) I have been the one chasing this guy, I knew it was a mistake already. since he sent me the application form in April and when I informed him in May that I have done my biometric I have never heard anything from this guy till date. I have written series of email and called a million times at their office he has never talked to me before. I had to pay another solicitor to guide me, though the new solicitor asked me not to take the job from him (old solicitor) but I should always call him (new solicitor) each time I need any advice. he was the one who guide me when me and my partner broke up and I moved out and also when she wrote to the home office too. he was the one who guide me when the additional documents was requested because I couldn't produce the document required.
please try to get a solicitor whom you can get direct access to not just access but the one you can talk to and please STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIRM OR AGENCY: "xxxxxxxxxxx"

for all those waiting to hear good news about their application, by GOD's grace it will be a success IJN Amen. may GOD give you the grace and courage as you wait for you application to come through.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:39 am

Agada wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:40 am
dear all,
greetings
I have been a member of this platform before I made my application. i just feel like sharing my success story as it may lift someone's spirit in this journey of endless wait.

I applied for FLR(FP) parent route of 5 years or 10 years.

applied on the 27/04/2018 by post which was a Friday,
feels taken on the 01/05/2018,
my baby mama (ex now) passport returned on the 03/05/2018,
biometric letter received on the 11/05/2018 and done same day,
additional documents requested on the 04/11/2018 with deadline to be 15/11/2018
additional documents sent on the 13/11/2018 express next day delivery,
decision made on the 15/11/2018.
got an email from DX DELIVERY by 05:31 AM that BRP card schedule for delivery on the 19/11/2018.
I missed it that day then order for re-delivery then got it on 20/11/2018
all my documents were returned on the 21/11/20118.

IMMIGRATION HISTORY:
student 2013-2017.
came as a visitor for my professional exam in 2017
came back again as a visitor for my child's birth in 2018.
I have never over stayed before.

I want to use this medium to advice every member of this forum not to use sh*t layers/solicitor or some stupid firm. as I am talking to you now the solicitor I paid 2 grand (2,000 pound) don't know that I have been given a RESIDENT PERMIT yet. since the day I deposit 1 grand (1,000 pounds) I have been the one chasing this guy, I knew it was a mistake already. since he sent me the application form in April and when I informed him in May that I have done my biometric I have never heard anything from this guy till date. I have written series of email and called a million times at their office he has never talked to me before. I had to pay another solicitor to guide me, though the new solicitor asked me not to take the job from him (old solicitor) but I should always call him (new solicitor) each time I need any advice. he was the one who guide me when me and my partner broke up and I moved out and also when she wrote to the home office too. he was the one who guide me when the additional documents was requested because I couldn't produce the document required.
please try to get a solicitor whom you can get direct access to not just access but the one you can talk to and please STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIRM OR AGENCY: "xxxxxxxxxxx"

for all those waiting to hear good news about their application, by GOD's grace it will be a success IJN Amen. may GOD give you the grace and courage as you wait for you application to come through.
Please do NOT post names or details of solicitors or firms on the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am

Does anyone know if the new service with UKVCAS is available for FLR(FP) applications now that there are limited appointments at the premium service Centers?

shay007

Post by shay007 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm

I just received a letter a month and some days after doing my biometric starting they have returned some documents and also made photocopy of all documents going to be used to make a decision. They sent some back and withheld some. I applied for flr(fp) based on private life 10yr route. Do they normally send letters like that and does it mean a decision is close?

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Demi2393 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am
Does anyone know if the new service with UKVCAS is available for FLR(FP) applications now that there are limited appointments at the premium service Centers?
Nevermind all. I have been able to sort this out. Good luck everyone.

Nesrine
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Nesrine » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi everyone I’m a little confused my timeline is below

Flr fp parent route of British child

Applied on the 15th of October 2018 via solicitor
Acknowledgment letter and biometric letter 30/10/2018
Enrolled bio 1st of November
Received a letter from them dated 15th of November saying
You have attempted to make application for leave to remain your application is not valid yet we set out page missing from your application form it’s the payment page where double checked with my solicitor they have field it in and payment was taken from they’re account as prove he has sent them a couple of letters but we have not heard from them since, has this happend to anyone on here before

Thank you all

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:56 am

shay007 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm
I just received a letter a month and some days after doing my biometric starting they have returned some documents and also made photocopy of all documents going to be used to make a decision. They sent some back and withheld some. I applied for flr(fp) based on private life 10yr route. Do they normally send letters like that and does it mean a decision is close?
They sent to me the same few months aha but they refused my application mine was flr fp partner route.
But your one should be alright because it’s on 10 years route and one of my friend got his ilr on 10 years route

shay007

Post by shay007 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:02 am

Auk333 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:56 am
shay007 wrote:
They sent to me the same few months aha but they refused my application mine was flr fp partner route.
But your one should be alright because it’s on 10 years route and one of my friend got his ilr on 10 years route
Thanks a lot for the reply, how long did it take to receive a decision after you got this letter?

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:06 am

shay007 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:02 am
Auk333 wrote:
shay007 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply, how long did it take to receive a decision after you got this letter?
Well mine was submitted on 12 April 2017
Same letter the one you got was revived on 15th December 2017 and then they give me refucsel on 6th March 2018 but they refused my application dated 15th December but refusel they hand over to me during the reporting and same time released on bail.
Are you reporting ??

shay007

Post by shay007 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 am

Auk333 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:06 am
shay007 wrote:
Auk333 wrote:
shay007 wrote:
Same letter the one you got was revived on 15th December 2017 and then they give me refucsel on 6th March 2018 but they refused my application dated 15th December but refusel they hand over to me during the reporting and same time released on bail.
Are you reporting ??
Thanks again for the quick reply, and yes I am reporting(once a month). If I may ask do you know the timeframe of when your friend received his decision letter and his brp?

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am

shay007 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 am
Auk333 wrote:
shay007 wrote:
Auk333 wrote:

Are you reporting ??
Thanks again for the quick reply, and yes I am reporting(once a month). If I may ask do you know the timeframe of when your friend received his decision letter and his brp?
I think he was telling me 7/8 months

shay007

Post by shay007 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am

Auk333 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am
shay007 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 am
Auk333 wrote:
shay007 wrote:

Are you reporting ??
I think he was telling me 7/8 months
Thank you, mine shall be granted too as well by God’s grace.

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi
I have got my hearing date in Hatton Cross court court on 10/06/19 which is too far. Is there any way that we can request tribunal to give us the date in another area even we need to travel, we do not mind.
[quote=Vini81 post_id=1709555 time=1543239704 user_id=197368]
Hi Sky 10,

The one who had the hearing in Birmingham lives just outside the M25 in Apsley , Hemel Hampstead. The other one lives in London, Nw10 and he got his hearing in Manchester. .. Strange right?

So, not sure what's their criteria on allocating these

gb2015
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gb2015 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Sk10 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:12 pm
Hi
I have got my hearing date in Hatton Cross court court on 10/06/19 which is too far. Is there any way that we can request tribunal to give us the date in another area even we need to travel, we do not mind.
Vini81 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm
Hi Sky 10,

Hi sky 10, when did you put in your appeal and payment of £140 ? Thanks

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Higb2015,
I appealed on 26/10 and paid fees on 19/11.
gb2015 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm
Sk10 wrote:
Hi
Vini81 wrote:
Hi Sky 10,

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Higb2015,
I appealed on 26/10 and paid fees on 19/11.
gb2015 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm
Sk10 wrote:
Hi
Vini81 wrote:
Hi Sky 10,