ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kartikannamalai
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by kartikannamalai » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Hai all,

Could you please advise, if there is a clause within the Super Priority Service(UKVCAS) to get a full refund if the decision is not reached within 24 hours.

How do we request for a refund?

With Regards,
Kartik

mginn79
Newly Registered

Post by mginn79 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:16 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm
varma24365 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:15 pm
mginn79 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm
varma24365 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 am
Hi mginn79,

what was the email id which you got confirmation.

thanks
Hi Varma24365,

It was titled "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK" and was from the UK Visas & Immigration team in Sheffield. It confirmed that it had been approved and provided details of how and when I should receive my confirmation letter and biometric residence permit.

I hope that helps!
Hi mginn79,

I was just wondering why only few people getting email confirmations.

Is it because of caseworker or appointment center :roll:

thanks
Varma
I am beginning to think it is the complexity of the application? Correct me if I’m wrong, but is the SET M an easier visa app for the caseworker to go through? Mginn79 not sure if you can concur or not, think it also just depends on individual circumstances..dependents, more than one jobs etc.. Less documentation the case worker goes through the quicker it is..Of course it’s absolutely absurd as everyone is paying the extra 600£ for overnight service!!!
Hi there,

SET M is for the spouse route but my assumption is that is purely based on individual circumstances and what route you are applying via. Luckily, mine was straight forward, no children involved, both working, have a mortgage, etc.

Just an added update, I received my letter and new biometric residence card on Wednesday. Also received an e-mail yesterday from Sopra Steria regarding my horrible wait in Cambridge and will be receiving a refund for the fee that I paid for my appointment (£60). So, I encourage anyone that has long delays and has paid for their appointment to complain and demand a refund! There is an option to submit a complaint via the UKVCAS website when you log in, under Help and Support. Sopra Steria have since admitted that too many appointments are being given out so they will be reducing them the amount per day from now on.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:57 pm

vikm wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:47 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:28 am
rajonmoni wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Many thanks for update.
Its frustrating that we were not given this simple information that we will receive our outcome by post !!

I submitted my biometrics for ILR at London premium lounge on 14/11/2018. The agent just told me that UKVI will communicate with me. I was anxiously waiting and checking email thousand of time. After online submission I received two emails from UKVI(one for confirmation of submission and one yesterday for submission of biometrics !!!).
They could at least let us know by email that a decision has been made and will follow in post.
Anyway, hopefully I should receive mail tomorrow.
Hi, did you receive an email from UKVI to confirm your submission of biometrics? I went to my appointment on thursday in liverpool but until now i still haven't received anything through email, didn't even receive a confirmation that i had been to my appointment.
The experience has been different for different people. Even I haven't received any emails and I got a letter saying my application has been approved and that I would get the brp in a separate mail. Still waiting for it. The process is not consistent at all.
Thank you for your response. May i ask how long does it take for you to receive the approved letter?

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:57 pm
vikm wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
rajonmoni wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Many thanks for update.
Its frustrating that we were not given this simple information that we will receive our outcome by post !!

I submitted my biometrics for ILR at London premium lounge on 14/11/2018. The agent just told me that UKVI will communicate with me. I was anxiously waiting and checking email thousand of time. After online submission I received two emails from UKVI(one for confirmation of submission and one yesterday for submission of biometrics !!!).
They could at least let us know by email that a decision has been made and will follow in post.
Anyway, hopefully I should receive mail tomorrow.
Hi, did you receive an email from UKVI to confirm your submission of biometrics? I went to my appointment on thursday in liverpool but until now i still haven't received anything through email, didn't even receive a confirmation that i had been to my appointment.
The experience has been different for different people. Even I haven't received any emails and I got a letter saying my application has been approved and that I would get the brp in a separate mail. Still waiting for it. The process is not consistent at all.
Thank you for your response. May i ask how long does it take for you to receive the approved letter?
As I have said in an earlier post, my appointment was on 15/11, the approval letter is dated as 17/11 and I got it on 21/11. So the 4 working days timeline applies in my case too. No emails to date.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm

vikm wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
vikm wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

As I have said in an earlier post, my appointment was on 15/11, the approval letter is dated as 17/11 and I got it on 21/11. So the 4 working days timeline applies in my case too. No emails to date.
Thank you for your quick response!! i just went to check my mail box and i received my approval letter as well :)

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Great news! Congrats.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm
vikm wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
vikm wrote:

Thank you for your quick response!! i just went to check my mail box and i received my approval letter as well :)
Great news!

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsouzadlondon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 am

The good:

Booked a super priority appoint at the london premium lounge:
1) Appointment booked for 07:30 am
2) Arrived at 07:20 am was seated in a nice area with refreshments
3) Was taking into to be seen at 07:32 am
4) Everything was scanned and submitted by 08:10 am

The bad: All has to do with UKVI and the new system doesn't change anything
1) Got the standard email your application has been received and will take 6 months to be processed even though I applied for suer priority
2) After submitted application from premium lounge no confirmation email
3) 24 hours have past and no email confirmation
4) Reached out to their customer service and said another team will contact me

My experience was the Sopra bit of the process went extremely well but as always UKVI or UKBA is extremely poor as always.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:06 pm

dsouzadlondon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 am
The good:

1) Got the standard email your application has been received and will take 6 months to be processed even though I applied for suer priority

My experience was the Sopra bit of the process went extremely well but as always UKVI or UKBA is extremely poor as always.
I asked this in another thread. Where exactly is the London Premium lounge, is the given address "20 Mark Lane" correct? I don't seem to be able to find it on street view at all, all the buildings are numbered between 50 and 70.

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsouzadlondon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:44 pm

It’s exactly where google maps says it is. Doesn’t have a building number but big glass window with nameage on the inside wall won’t be hard to fine.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:59 pm

dsouzadlondon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:44 pm
It’s exactly where google maps says it is. Doesn’t have a building number but big glass window with nameage on the inside wall won’t be hard to fine.
ok thanks

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm

dsouzadlondon wrote:
The good:

same in B'gham , some people after me have got it , nothing for me yet, appt was on 20th Nov

selfserve

Post by selfserve » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Same for me as well. I submitted application in London premium lounge on 20th Nov and no email or any sort of communication back from HO.

My legal representative tried contact them over phone and email, but nothing new info back expect for we are working on it".

As I read somewhere in this forum and called DX customer care service to check if there is any parcel on name and bingo.... there is a parcel arranged to deliver tomorrow.

But the bad news is, house number on the parcel is different from one I gave in application (may be typo from HO end). Other than house number, other all details are current and parcel is named for me.

Speaking to DX customer care to sort this.

Did anyone face this problem? Please advise...!!

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:48 pm

selfserve wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Same for me as well. I submitted application in London premium lounge on 20th Nov and no email or any sort of communication back from HO.

My legal representative tried contact them over phone and email, but nothing new info back expect for we are working on it".

As I read somewhere in this forum and called DX customer care service to check if there is any parcel on name and bingo.... there is a parcel arranged to deliver tomorrow.

But the bad news is, house number on the parcel is different from one I gave in application (may be typo from HO end). Other than house number, other all details are current and parcel is named for me.

i calledUKVI they said they will let HO know and will call back. I called DX and there was no parcel for me yet

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsouzadlondon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 pm

selfserve wrote:

Did you check if the approval letter was sent to the wrong address? If I am not mistaken Approval letter comes from Royal Mail and BRP via DX

selfserve

Post by selfserve » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 pm

dsouzadlondon wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 pm
selfserve wrote:

Did you check if the approval letter was sent to the wrong address? If I am not mistaken Approval letter comes from Royal Mail and BRP via DX
Not sure abt approval letter. I called and mailed DX customer care with my ID proof and requested them to change address. They changed address and sent an acknowledgment. Awaiting for DX parcel tomorrow.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 pm

dsouzadlondon wrote:
The good:

Hi dsouzadlondon, thank you for the detailed information. Regarding when you called customer service, was that sopra steria or UKVI?

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsouzadlondon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 pm
dsouzadlondon wrote:
The good:

Hi dsouzadlondon, thank you for the detailed information. Regarding when you called customer service, was that sopra steria or UKVI?
Ukvi once you submit your application from Sopra center it is all to do with ukvi. At least that was the reply I got from Sopra

Rishu
Newly Registered

Post by Rishu » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 am

mginn79 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi all,

Also wanted to share my experience with the new process:

- Paid £60 for 12pm appointment in Cambridge on Friday 16 November (Set M, premium service)
- Arrived early (11.30am)
- Was told to make sure that I was in the general area 5 minutes before appointment by a worker at the library
- Sat in the cafe area adjacent to the desk
- Happened to ask a member of staff if I needed to inform them that I was here to be told that there were significant delays and they handed me a ticket basically meaning that the paid appointment was void and that other people who should have been after me were probably seen before me
- Other people that had an appointment at 10am had not been seen still when I turned up
- No clear signs up anywhere detailing the delay and what visitors need to do when they arrive
- We were finally seen at around 4.30pm and the appointment took approximately 25 minutes (all of my documents were scanned in prior to the appointment so the 25 minutes were for the biometrics and to confirm all scanned documents were legible)
- Many people were turned away from their appointments because of the delays (biometric machine and internet connections issues)
- There was only 1 station to deal with appointments, it wasn't closed off so it wasn't very private so others could hear and see what was going on
- The staff that were carrying out the appointments were doing the work on behalf of Sopra Steria and did receive a lot of abuse from angry customers which was uncalled for as they were not from Sopra Steria
- Overheard one of the staff say that too many appointments had been issued which also caused a backlog so FYI, be prepared for a very long day!
- Have since sent a complaint to Sopra Steria and requested to have the appointment fee refunded and will also be asking for a contribution to our £25 car park fee because we were there for over 5 hours.
- As another FYI, please do your best to upload your documents in advance as the equipment seemed from reliable.

Now I just wait for my outcome which hopefully will be Monday/Tuesday as the application was submitted just after 5pm so that might cause a slight delay.

Good luck to everyone that has to go through this and also let me know if there are any other topics that I can post this to so more are aware.
Hi Mginn79
I just need bit of information from you please
I am going to apply for set(m) priority service in few days.
1. Is the date of booking an appointment is athe date of submission of the application or submission date is when we will attend the appointment ?
2. Does me an my Mrs. We both need to go for appointment or just myself as i m the applicant go ?
3. Does i need to scan my Mrs. Photos and upload them as the part of application or doesnt need her photos as with old process need two pics to provide with application form.
4. Does i need to upload a declaration from my wife that we are still married ?
Please provide me them aswers as you have just gone through the process. Thanks

ripon5102
Newly Registered

Post by ripon5102 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

Hello All
I have applied for my wife for PBS dependent extension on Super-priority service. Here is the timeline for reference:

Appointment at Croydon: 26/11/2018 at 10.00
Got an email from Case worker for additional statement: 26/11/2018 13.15 (Statement was 86 days due to not having any transaction fro few days)
Sent new 4 months statement: 26/11/2018 at 16.45
Got decision by email: 27/11/2018 at 08.15

No phone calls or anything, only emails. Case worker seems to be Sheffield based.
So it been less than 24 hrs. I am not sure if emailing is the protocol to confirm that Visa has been approved. But it says that letter will follow soon. But this case was straight forward as it gets.

Hope it helps. Thanks

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Congratulations. It seems the quickest case I have seen reported here. Is it under new system?
ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am
Hello All
I have applied for my wife for PBS dependent extension on Super-priority service. Here is the timeline for reference:

Got an email from Case worker for additional statement: 26/11/2018 13.15 (Statement was 86 days due to not having any transaction fro few days)

No phone calls or anything, only emails. Case worker seems to be Sheffield based.
So it been less than 24 hrs. I am not sure if emailing is the protocol to confirm that Visa has been approved. But it says that letter will follow soon. But this case was straight forward as it gets.

Hope it helps. Thanks

ripon5102
Newly Registered

Post by ripon5102 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm
Congratulations. It seems the quickest case I have seen reported here. Is it under new system?
ripon5102 wrote:
Hello All

Hope it helps. Thanks
Yes. New UKVCAS on Super Priority Service

Maelgrim
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Maelgrim » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm

ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
ripon5102 wrote:
Hello All

Hope it helps. Thanks
That almost sounds like the ideal
I submitted my Biometrics and Documents on Sat (24th) and haven't had any communication whatsoever (i also paid for priority), which has left me feeling a little more anxious.

Will you let us know when you receive your letter confirming approval?

Cheers!

ripon5102
Newly Registered

Post by ripon5102 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Maelgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm
ripon5102 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
ripon5102 wrote:
Hello All

Hope it helps. Thanks
That almost sounds like the ideal
I submitted my Biometrics and Documents on Sat (24th) and haven't had any communication whatsoever (i also paid for priority), which has left me feeling a little more anxious.

Will you let us know when you receive your letter confirming approval?

Cheers!
Yes No problem can do. Thanks

varunax
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by varunax » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Thought I will provide an update on my ILR, as I was looking at these posts my self.
Submitted application on 22nd Thursday (Nov) at Nottingham Library under super priority, for ILR for me and my wife under Tier 2, 5 year category.

Did not get any update as to the submission. No questions or contact for more documents neither.

Called DX secure to see if there is a parcel for my name, none!

Then called UKVI customer line, and said I have made an application and the decision time has passed (as it is 24 hours). They noted it down, and said within 5 working days I will receive an email regarding my query.

10 minutes ago, I receive an email from the case worker that my application is now granted and my letters and BRP will follow.

Despite the promises and extra++ cash it took them more than 3 days to make a decision. However, my application was quite lengthy, with so many evidences particularly of cohabitation. So perhaps this is the reason. However, it is pretty apparent that although they made the front end of UKVI extra efficient backend still needs more resources.