ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Josh Hagino
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Thara wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Can you lease tell me the specifications of scan the supporting documents
Do I need to scan all pages of the passports
i scanned every page that has stamps on. because they are asking for previous travel history, so i think that is a way of showing it where i went during past 10 years.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm
kenvac wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Hello Friends,

Has anyone got decision from UKVI attended on or after 15th November?
I attended Birmingham centre on 15th.
I am still awaiting mine and no letters from Royal mail today.

Is there any number I can call to find our my decision?
Time is killing me specially passing whole weekend. :|
I have attended on the 13th at Birmingham - still with no result.... :(
Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Still waiting after attending on 20th in Birmingham. Hopefully on Monday or Tuesday. As long as you don't get a call for more information I think you will be fine.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
kenvac wrote:
Hello Friends,

Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)
Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am

allyf wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
kenvac wrote:
Hello Friends,

Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am
allyf wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:

Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)
Thank you Josh! I haven’t booked yet as my 28 days won’t come along until dec 18...so I am hoping I can get in by the 19th or that week. This information is very helpful ! I’m thinking I may not pay extra for the scanning then. Can I just ask where exactly in Liverpool the sopra steria is located Josh?

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm

allyf wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
allyf wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Thank you Josh! I haven’t booked yet as my 28 days won’t come along until dec 18...so I am hoping I can get in by the 19th or that week. This information is very helpful ! I’m thinking I may not pay extra for the scanning then. Can I just ask where exactly in Liverpool the sopra steria is located Josh?
Hi, its in the central library, just next to the world museum :)

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm
allyf wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
allyf wrote:

Hi, its in the central library, just next to the world museum :)
Perfect, many thanks. Hopefully i have enough info now to get me started on this process in a few weeks time. I’m scared to think what debacle will take place right before Christmas when I need to get in 😣

NatApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by NatApplicant » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 am

If any of you guys had an appointment in the new UKVCAS Croydon (core service centre @ Bedford Point), would you please share your experience?

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:04 am

I'm booked for Friday in London Premium Centre. The address is given as "20 Mark Lane"

Using Street View on google maps, all the numbers seem to be in the 50s to 70s.

Where exactly is the London Premium Centre, is there a little side alley you have to go down or something like that?

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:33 am

oldmankensey wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:04 am
I'm booked for Friday in London Premium Centre. The address is given as "20 Mark Lane"

Where exactly is the London Premium Centre, is there a little side alley you have to go down or something like that?
Hi,
Which category r u applying for?

Regards

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:33 am
oldmankensey wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,
Which category r u applying for?

Regards
SET(M)

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

:D

hi All,

I received the grant letter on Saturday to my office address :)
DX tried to deliver the brp card today at 8.30am while i was not at work. They said business deliveries are between 9-5 but not sure why they came earlier :( I have rescheduled it for tomorrow now.

thanks all for your help. :)

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:42 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am
:D

hi All,

I received the grant letter on Saturday to my office address :)
DX tried to deliver the brp card today at 8.30am while i was not at work. They said business deliveries are between 9-5 but not sure why they came earlier :( I have rescheduled it for tomorrow now.

thanks all for your help. :)
congrats mate. Waiting for mine :)

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm

With new ukvcas service do I have to take my application or just document to upload

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 am

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm
With new ukvcas service do I have to take my application or just document to upload
no need to take ,just upload docs

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am

Hello Everyone,

I am posting my query on this thread as this thread is related to my query on the New Service.

I am going to apply for my wife dependent visa using new service.

I have filled the Online Application and Paid my NHS fees so far.

I am onto the section on online application where it asks me to select the existing service or select the new service.

Could you please help me with the following query with the online application and new service;

.1. As Premium Service center will be closed from this 29th November, I guess I can select the Existing service on the online application just to send the application by post. Correct me If I am wrong on this. ?

.2. Can I use the New Service for the standard type of application where the decision is made within 6 weeks or is this the service just for the Supper Priority Service ?

.3. What should be the format of the documents which we upload using the new service and what format is recommended ?

.4. Could you guys please tell me under what section should I upload my below documents;

• Covering Letter
• Wife Passport
• Wife Biometric Residence permit
• Marriage Certificate as Relationship Evidence
• Council Tax Letter
• Water Bill
• Electoral Registration Letter.
• My Employment Reference Letter.
• My last 6 months Pay Slips.
• My last 6 Months Bank statements from Bank for Maintenance Fund.
• Copy of My passports all pages.
• Copy of My Biometric Residence permit

.5. As an applicant, do we need to upload the applicant passport and brp scanned copy as the part of mandatory documents section or will be done by the center at the time of appointment.

.5. Also I read somewhere in this post that, some people were not able to upload documents in mandatory document sections. So is that OK to upload the documents in the optional document section ?

.6. So far I have just paid the NHS fees for the applicant and have not paid the application fees yet. I guess the application date is when I make the full payment of the application based on the service I select.
Correct me if I am wrong on this. ?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards,
Raj

kmch
Newly Registered

Post by kmch » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 am

nihalcastelino wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 pm
aerobharath88 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm
kmch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.
To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.
the self service biometrics machine is crap, it couldnt take my pic in more than 15 tries. had to go to a human booth , then they found they need to re do my wife's biometrics. the only saving grace is that they were polite and nice, helpful
Nihal- Did you get your letter?

stephaniesanchez
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by stephaniesanchez » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 am

srimurthy333 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm
dpkusa wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:17 pm
bhavgarg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 pm
dpkusa wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Which visa type are you applying for? I still have the same problem, applying for FLR(M)
Family Route - Spouse Visa Extension
I have learned that this visa type will not be released under the new system until November 29th.
How did u know that family route will not be released untill 29th, if you have any link or news mentioned on ukba, please let me know.
Hi there i saw your conversations regarding Family Route-Spouse Visa Extension. I have the same problem here i applied online for FLR (M) but doesn't give me the options for new service and it is impossible to book in any premium service centres. Any help on how to make an appointment?

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:09 pm

kmch wrote:
    Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 am
    nihalcastelino wrote:
    aerobharath88 wrote:
    kmch wrote:
    Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.
    To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.
    the self service biometrics machine is crap, it couldnt take my pic in more than 15 tries. had to go to a human booth , then they found they need to re do my wife's biometrics. the only saving grace is that they were polite and nice, helpful
    no Buddy still waiting , hopefully today

nihalcastelino
    Newly Registered
    Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:29 pm

kmch wrote:
    Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 am
    nihalcastelino wrote:
    aerobharath88 wrote:
    kmch wrote:
    Hi ,

just got an email from Homeoffice saying it was approved after i called 0300 123 2241 yesterday and chose the not upto standard option

Dear Mr xxxxx

I’m pleased to confirm that your applications for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You and your dependant will receive your decision letters and biometric residence permits (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Congratulations. Is it in your case exactly 1 week after your appointment to receive the email?
    nihalcastelino wrote:
    Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Dear Mr xxxxx

I’m pleased to confirm that your applications for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You and your dependant will receive your decision letters and biometric residence permits (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

nihalcastelino
    Newly Registered
    Mood:

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
    Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm
    Congratulations. Is it in your case exactly 1 week after your appointment to receive the email?
    nihalcastelino wrote:
    Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Dear Mr xxxxx

yeah i got the email because i called UKVI otherwise there would prob be no email

varunax
    Newly Registered
    Sri Lanka

Post by varunax » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Thought I will provide an update on my ILR, as I was looking at these posts my self.
    Submitted application on 22nd Thursday (Nov) at Nottingham Library under super priority, for ILR for me and my wife under Tier 2, 5 year category.

Did not get any update as to the submission. No questions or contact for more documents neither.

Called DX secure to see if there is a parcel for my name, none!

Then called UKVI customer line, and said I have made an application and the decision time has passed (as it is 24 hours). They noted it down, and said within 5 working days I will receive an email regarding my query.

10 minutes ago, I receive an email from the case worker that my application is now granted and my letters and BRP will follow.

Despite the promises and extra++ cash it took them more than 3 days to make a decision. However, my application was quite lengthy, with so many evidences particularly of cohabitation. So perhaps this is the reason. However, it is pretty apparent that although they made the front end of UKVI extra efficient backend still needs more resources.

mani9743
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by mani9743 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:32 pm

thanks for the info varunax.
    Could you please let me know when did you call the home office.How much time did they take to mail you after you called them.
    I am in the same situation. applied on 22nd last week. No reply yet.