ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)" to "Dependent Tier 2 General"

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shashankverma6

"Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)" to "Dependent Tier 2 General"

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi,

I am currently, on a Tier 2 ICT (Long Term Visa) and my wife is on the Tier 2 General Visa.

I have a couple of questions regarding the same:

1. As I understand, I can make the switch and make it happen while staying in the U.K. and don't need to go back to my home country. Is that correct?

2. How much time does it for the whole process to be completed?

3. Do I get a new RMP, or can I continue using the old one?

4. When can I travel outside the UK, in case I ended up applying from within the U.K. Do I have wait to get the RMP card? Or can I use the newly stamped visa to re-enter the U.K.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)" to "Dependent Tier 2 General"

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:01 pm

1. Correct. You will have to inform your employer once you have your new visa.

2. A couple of days up to a couple of weeks or 8 weeks.

3. What is a 'RMP'?? Do you mean 'BRP'??

4. Once you have your new visa. You do not get a visa in your passport if you apply within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you for your response.

2. When you say couple of days, is there a premium service to make sure I get it in 2 days? If yes, how much is the premium service? And in your experience/ knowledge, do employers, cover that fee?

3. Yes, I meant BRP. Will I get a new BRP, or do I continue with an old one?

4. When re-entering the country, after I have made the transfer, do I need to indicate that I have changed my visa? Or will I get a new BRP, which will indicate to the officer, that I have changed my visa status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:08 pm

2. uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/new- ... 67055.html

3. You get a new BRP with your new visa status and your ICT visa is cancelled and you do not get the old BRP card back either.

4. No. You get a new BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Again, thank you so much for such prompt replies - I am very grateful.

A couple of more follow up questions:

5. Consider I got the Super Prioirty service, and received a decision the next day. And assume, the decision was positive. How long does it take for the BRP to arrive?

6. Can I travel outside the country, with the new visa process done, but with the old BRP?

7. When do I need inform my current employer about my the change in visa? When I get the approval, or when I get the BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm

5. Anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

6. No. How will you re-enter or even board a plane without proof of a visa? Your old BRP is cancelled when your new visa is issued.

7. When you have your new BRP as you will have to provide evidence of your right to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:42 pm

You have no idea, how helpful this is.

Thank you so much.

One last question - since I have not yet kicked off the process, how soon can one, expect to secure the Premium Service appointment? If I were log in today, and book an appointment, do you think I could get one for tomorrow ? What is the average?

I understand, that this is a very subjective question, and can vary depending on time of year, etc. or on factors that one can not predict, but wanted to get a general/average timeline, in your experience?

Thank you so much again - truly do appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm

One last question - since I have not yet kicked off the process, how soon can one, expect to secure the Premium Service appointment? If I were log in today, and book an appointment, do you think I could get one for tomorrow ? What is the average?
There is no longer a same day premium service, it closes on Thursday. You will have to use the new service and apparently appointments are not a problem and applicants will be able to book the slot at the new service within 5 days of submitting online for document submission and biometircs. You wont' get a decision on the day anymore. Please read the link below.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/new- ... 67055.html
I understand, that this is a very subjective question, and can vary depending on time of year, etc. or on factors that one can not predict, but wanted to get a general/average timeline, in your experience?

With the new system only in place for a couple of weeks, it is difficult to give an 'average' as members are only now reporting back on experience, mostly ILR. It appears it is taking a week or so to get notified of approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Got it - just so I understand correctly, with the new service in place, the earliest one can get the decision, is the next day to when the biometric is completed?

Is that a correct assessment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 pm

shashankverma6 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Got it - just so I understand correctly, with the new service in place, the earliest one can get the decision, is the next day to when the biometric is completed?

Is that a correct assessment?
Most seem to be waiting a couple of days at least, up to a week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Ok got it.

So an assessment of the longest timelines possible:

A - Upto 1 week from Appointment date for decision on application

B - Upto 2 weeks to get new BRP

So if I have to make travel plans, I should give myself, at least 3 weeks, and a couple of weeks of buffer on top of that, just to be safe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Correct.

Obviously the standard sla can still apply if there is any issue with the application and that time frame is 8 weeks for a decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi,

I understand the premium services have changed.

In terms of the fees, how much is the premium service now?

Also, what are the timelines, for one to receive the the result, while applying for the visa?

Thanks,
Shashank

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 am

Hi ALL,

I have a couple of additional questions (apologize for them being endless)

My wife's firm, is paying for my dependent visa, and also applying for me, so this has taken a lot of time.
Anyway, I am almost ready to apply, tomorrow or day after and had a couple of questions:

1. I will be using a Super Priority Service - If I submit my application tomorrow, when is the earliest date I can go for my Bio Metrics. Does anyone have any idea on what the current availability looks like?

2. When applying for T2 Dependent Application - Do I need to submit my Passport on the day of the Bio-Metrics or is it given back to me? I need the Passport for another matter, and was wondering, what the procedure is?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

1. Depends where in the UK you are. A bit broad to ask how long without knowing where you are located. Most get appointments within a week.

2. You get to keep your documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you!

I am in Central London - I am open to going to Croydon, etc. or 'Out side of London locations'.
Hope that helps answer the question

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi All,

I had another question:

1. Can I travel outside the UK, if I have gotten email confirming my application has been approved, but not having received the new BRP? I may need to travel urgently, and my SO will come on later, and carry the BRP, when received?
Is this something I can do?

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi there, any response to this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:17 pm

shashankverma6 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi All,

I had another question:

1. Can I travel outside the UK, if I have gotten email confirming my application has been approved, but not having received the new BRP? I may need to travel urgently, and my SO will come on later, and carry the BRP, when received?
Is this something I can do?
You are free to LEAVE the UK. You only need the BRP card to board a flight and return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shashankverma6

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Thank you - that is helpful.

I have one LAST question, and after this I will only post with timeline and updates, as I have my interview tomorrow.

Scanning of the documents

My understanding is the Scanning Service is included if you take the Super Priority Service. Is that correct?
What do people recommend? Should I scan them before hand, anyway? I don't want to have any issues with the quality of scan, etc. so do not know what approach to take.
I know people have shared their experiences on scanning on this thread, but I wanted to get a recommendation, on which approach to take, instead of me making an inference.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm

I cannot comment as don't have experience of the new system. As you have already posted a duplicate post in the UKCVAS Super Priority topic, wait for someone to respond or read the whole thread to see what others have done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Please DONOT leave the country untill you get the BRP card. Your decision letter clearly mentions this. BRP card is not checked when you leave UK but its better to wait rather then feel sorry.