ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aerobharath88
India

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by aerobharath88 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:00 pm

michali wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:49 pm
There are several posts in this forum where applicants have paid for the 24 hour decision but have not heard for up to five or six days. It appears that while the decision may be made quickly, the letter confirming approval can take several days. In a couple of cases, the BRP has arrived sooner than the letter.
hi,

Its now 24 hours past after my biometric appointment still i have not received any email. When you say 'letter' do you mean the email?

aelondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aelondon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I just got a call saying my super priority appointment (new system) next week at Cambridge has to be cancelled due to technical problems.

Managed to rebook for Friday 30 November at Croydon. I travel to the US for work on 5 December. Does anyone know with these delayed 'next day' decisions if can you travel while you wait for a decision?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:16 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:00 pm
michali wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:49 pm
There are several posts in this forum where applicants have paid for the 24 hour decision but have not heard for up to five or six days. It appears that while the decision may be made quickly, the letter confirming approval can take several days. In a couple of cases, the BRP has arrived sooner than the letter.
hi,

Its now 24 hours past after my biometric appointment still i have not received any email. When you say 'letter' do you mean the email?
No, applicants are presently receiving letters, not emails.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:21 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:58 pm
dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:44 pm
mahmoudsayed86 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:21 pm
dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Here is the screenshot, and is this the correct page /URL
This is the link you need to follow in order to apply online (i.e. using the super priority service), you will need to answer some basic questions first about your application so that the system directs you to the correct online application route (i.e. tier 2 general, transfer etc.):

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y
this is really confusing, when i go online to apply for premium service application link, i am getting no appointments for 45 days,
2nd link is which i already posted in my previous comment.
I also signed up using a new email id but i keep on getting 2999 for priority service
Regarding Old system, I think you have keep checking for appointments often to find one.
I would like to use the new system but the system is taking me to old link if i click premium service appointment through the link you gave. I am guessing if i simply click on "apply online" and not the premium service link , then i will land on the same page as you, so far it asked for basic questions e.g name and email address however still not asked about old or new service
Thanks

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:44 pm

i TRIED SIGNING UP WITH 3 separate email address but i am still taken to old premium service appointment page which is not the one i am looking for. Could anybody please paste the exact ULR here which we can use for the new system to apply SET LR application. I would like to go for 3068 fee. Please help here as its getting so frustrated. I even used different browser but no luck. Should i simple click on apply online under SET LR.
Please send me the link

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:29 pm

You simply need to apply online, this is t only way to get to the new service. Do NOT type or search “premium services”, just apply online:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

mahmoudsayed86
Newly Registered

Post by mahmoudsayed86 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:33 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:25 am
dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 am
aerobharath88 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:10 am
hi all,

I attended my appointment yesterday at 10am at Birmingham core centre. Everything was over by 11am. I still haven't received any email on my decision :( Ita a super priority application. Im a bit nervous now.
I hope you get you decision soon, i will be very greatful if you could please comment on my questions earlier.
Also how much did you pay in total for this service?
thanks.

Payment amount: 3018.20 GBP
Set(O) Super Priority

I paid extra £35 for the document checking service although the case worker at the Birmingham Core Centre told me that they do it for free until January 2019.
Hi, I have one question please: do you know which date is considered the date of application? The date you submitted your online application or the date you personally went to your appointment?

Many tanks

Zara12
Newly Registered

Post by Zara12 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 pm

BO247 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:50 pm
did you resolve the issue with ' you must answer this question to continue'?
I'm having the same problem :cry:

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:27 pm
aerobharath88 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:19 pm
Mrunal wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm
aerobharath88 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:11 pm

thanks.

I submitted my application and booked my appointment on 12/11/2018.

Yes, appointments were available from the very next day but at £100 for any slot of the week. Appointments beginning 19/11/2018 week were free of charge. I needed some days to collect my documents from the Bank. So i booked it on the 21st. I have uploaded all my documents on the Sopra Steria Website and just waiting to appear on the 21st. Im a bit nervous reading through some users saying they still haven't received their decisions even after a week. :(

I chose Birmingham only because it was a core centre where you would apparently expect things to go right. I live in London btw.
Hi,
Just had a few queries-
Did you fill form Set (O)?
You submitted the application on 12/11, & took an appt on 21st/11. I read on the website somewhere that you should take an appt within 5 days after u submit your application & if not they will send you reminder after 15 days. Is there a deadline by when you have to take an appt after submitting?
How was the process of uploading the documents? Did they show a checklist of any mandatory documents which have to be submitted or any sort of checklist or do we have to submit the documents which we feel are necessary?
At the core centres, do we the option of 24hour decision? What facilities are there at the core centres, i just know you get free appt there, but wanted to know if they also provide the 24hour decision at the core centres & any other extra services.
Can you please send a link of the new application form that you submitted. Can we start the application in advance (say a month before the 28days period) & save it or is that option not there?
Any other detail would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
[https://imgur.com/Z8ebDth

this is what you will see when you have made the payment. At this page you get to download the checklist and your copy of the submitted application.

Uploading documents was fairly simple. Just choose file and do it.
this is how the documents upload page will look like.

https://imgur.com/sYY1riy
Hi aerobharath88

Thanks for the Screenshot, so do we just upload all the documents in one tab as I see in the screenshot or there are multiple tabs based on categories? Many thanks

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 am

Morning Everyone,

Just to update everyone I have just received an official reply from UKVI front end services on my query for application date and appointment date which I think is more clearer now. I hope its helpful.

Good Morning

Appointments cannot be booked until the online application has been completed. All customers will be able to attend the new service within 5 working days.

You should not apply before you are eligible as the date of application is considered to be the day you submit your online application.

Many Thanks

Front End Services Team

aerobharath88
India

Post by aerobharath88 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 am

:D

hi All,

I received the grant letter on Saturday to my office address :) its dated 22/11/2018 while i attended the biometric appointment on 21/11/2018 at Birmingham.
DX tried to deliver the brp card today at 8.30am while i was not at work. They said business deliveries are between 9-5 but not sure why they came earlier :( I have rescheduled it for tomorrow now.

thanks all for your tremendous help. :)

harirao
Newly Registered

Post by harirao » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 am

Hi,

I booked an appointment for ILR spouse same day service.

The appointment is on 3rd Dec 2018. She was granted visa from 30/12/2013.
Upon applying 28 days policy I see that the earliest I can apply is 2nd Dec.
I called Soapra Steria and asked them about the application date. They confirmed that the application date is the date on which we submit all documents to them and on the same day they forward those documents to Home Office.

Thanks
Hari

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:23 am

harirao wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 am
Hi,

I called Soapra Steria and asked them about the application date. They confirmed that the application date is the date on which we submit all documents to them and on the same day they forward those documents to Home Office.

Thanks
Hari
But on another thread an email from UKVI says application date is when it is submitted online and fee paid.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:53 am

naveediiqbal wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:23 am
harirao wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 am
Hi,

Thanks
Hari
But on another thread an email from UKVI says application date is when it is submitted online and fee paid.
HAHA, what an unholy mess. :) I think this is going to come down to what caseworkers end up deciding over the coming weeks, and that then will become the accepted position.

And I think that will ultimately be "online submission = application day", I just hope there might be a smidgen of human flexibility for this first month or so of the new appointment system.

Dineshjk
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dineshjk » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:42 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm
I attended Sopra Steria core service centre in-Birmingham on the 13th November and my appointment was 8.30am.

I went for SET (LR) super premium ( super priority) paying £3018 and also paid £100 for the appointment.

Below is what happened.

I arrived 5 minutes early and was welcomed by a staff member-nice reception! Apart from that reception, everything else was a mess!!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID) - This was the first step.

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to go to the kiosk for entering biometric.

3. The staff were saying that this is their first day and you are our first customer, anyway I tried scan the QR code on the machine however nothing was displayed on the screen and staff keeps on saying
'try again' despite my request to check if machine is turned on and ready! Few minutes later staff realised the display was not powered - any way I scanned QR code followed by passport and enter biometrics as per the instruction. Very straightforward and easy to follow instructions.

4. I did this and waited for document checks-less than five minutes waiting.

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at the screen clearly confused what to do or how to do. I had uploaded most of the documents however they had to check passports and scan each page. This took almost 30-40 minutes to complete as car worker was not sure how to do it as he was dong it for the first time. It gets tricky scanning passport pages!!

6. After an hour, we were still on scanning and clicking stage-lots of mouse clicks and the case worker asked if you have done your biometric. He was not able to see biometric details completed so I had to do biometric again. As I went back after biometric another person- who seems like Manager was behind the case worker as he was struggling to progress through the process. They then said it looks like we need to do it all again - so the case worker started scanning all documents again -another 40 minutes.

7. Finally, this process was completed around 11am- then the case worker tried to submit the biometric and scanned documents following guidance from his manager - several minutes waiting and still processing. They asked me to wait in the waiting area.

8. I asked for a confirmation however the case worker unable to provide a confirmation that all scanning/checks completed, actually don't know if there is anything like a confirmation. There was a Home Office staff and I spoke to this staff about my experience.

9. 11.04am I received an email from Home Office confirming application received, however the email advised me that it may take upto six months for processing the application. I showed this to the Home Office staff to make sure they have submitted it as a super priority with 24 hour decision not as standard. The staff member checked it on the system and said this message is a standard message send by HOme Office and few other people have also received the same on the previous day.

10. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). I was told I will be informed by an email and the UKVI case worker will contact in case if they need any further information. Also told me that it can be in the next hour as there was a person who submitted her application the previous day and received an outcome within an hour!!

11. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 3 hrs for me

12. 24 hour gone today -no update from UKVI and I contacted the UKVI and Sopra Steria

13. UKVI said we are unable check anything.

14: Sopra Steria- Please contact UKVI.

15. Sopra Steria website account remains open and uploading function still open today. When I mentioned this during my phone conversation with Sopra Steria customer service, they wanted to check with a manger and after a while told me that there is an automatic cut off time 2200 hours.

16. 24 hours and next day( as Home office closes 5pm) passed -without any outcome.
Hi Jibs,

I have same problem, it is been more then 48 hrs and I haven't received any update or communication from home office regarding the application. The response on UKVI contact with no surprise, is not helpful.
Please, can you advice how did you approach and is sorted for you, I hope it is .

Many thanks,
JD

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:14 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 am
:D

hi All,

I received the grant letter on Saturday to my office address :) its dated 22/11/2018 while i attended the biometric appointment on 21/11/2018 at Birmingham.
DX tried to deliver the brp card today at 8.30am while i was not at work. They said business deliveries are between 9-5 but not sure why they came earlier :( I have rescheduled it for tomorrow now.

thanks all for your tremendous help. :)
Congratulations @aerobharat88

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm

nomie200031 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 am
Morning Everyone,

Just to update everyone I have just received an official reply from UKVI front end services on my query for application date and appointment date which I think is more clearer now. I hope its helpful.

Good Morning

Appointments cannot be booked until the online application has been completed. All customers will be able to attend the new service within 5 working days.

You should not apply before you are eligible as the date of application is considered to be the day you submit your online application.

Many Thanks

Front End Services Team

nomie200031- Thank you for the information and I’ll definitely follow this rule. Xo

nomie200031
Pakistan

Post by nomie200031 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:19 am

allyf wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm
nomie200031 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 am
Morning Everyone,

Good Morning

Many Thanks

Front End Services Team

nomie200031- Thank you for the information and I’ll definitely follow this rule. Xo
Hi Allyf,
yes no choice dude. Unfortunately I am becoming eligible only once the holiday period starts for christmas. Hopefully I can arrange a free appointment during the last week of December otherwise I will have to wait unfortunately until the start of Jan 19. If its not too expensive I might consider paying for an appointment. Although its not very urgent for me so I wouldn't fancy paying too much extra on top of £3018 for super priority service. Fingers crossed its not too far. I still have to pass Life UK test first.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi all. I need urgent help here. I’m trying to book a premium service appointment for an FLR(FP) using the new system. I have filled out an application form online and paid the IHS surcharge but when I get to the page where I’m asked to choose a service, it only shows the standard and premium service. No option to use the new system and book appointment with Sopra Steria. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Demi2393 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:03 pm
Hi all. I need urgent help here. I’m trying to book a premium service appointment for an FLR(FP) using the new system. I have filled out an application form online and paid the IHS surcharge but when I get to the page where I’m asked to choose a service, it only shows the standard and premium service. No option to use the new system and book appointment with Sopra Steria. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.
As far as the information says, you need to apply either by post or the existing premium service for FLR(FP) and can't use the new service. See 'Existing Service' heading in link below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 pm
Demi2393 wrote:
As far as the information says, you need to apply either by post or the existing premium service for FLR(FP) and can't use the new service. See 'Existing Service' heading in link below.

Oh thank you so much! I thought I was going mad for a minute there. So basically back to staying up at stupid o’clock in order to secure an appointment. Happy days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Demi2393 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 pm
CR001 wrote:
Demi2393 wrote:

Oh thank you so much! I thought I was going mad for a minute there. So basically back to staying up at stupid o’clock in order to secure an appointment. Happy days.
No, it shouldn't be necessary as the old system is only available to certain applications not all anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:56 pm
Demi2393 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 pm
CR001 wrote:
Demi2393 wrote:

No, it shouldn't be necessary as the old system is only available to certain applications not all anymore.
I don’t understand. How can I book a premium service appointment for my FLR(FP) application? Is it the usual refreshing till dates are released or not anymore?

boopity
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by boopity » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:29 pm

I am quite desperate. I have applied under the new system for the FLR(M). I am getting the old option of applying for the premium service with the only option to either do postal or premium centers which are all full.

I have not been able to pay yet.... I started another application on a different browser and it's exactly the same.

Please advise!

yhbc20
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by yhbc20 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:31 pm

hi all,

just want to share my experience with you. I applied for ILR under tier 2- 5 year rule. Submitted the application on 15th Nov and booked an appointment for the 23rd in Wolverhampton (60pounds). However 2 days before the appointment, they emailed my solicitor to say the centre is closing down, and advised us to cancel the appointment and to re-book another centre. I was very worried but luckily been able to booked another appointment on the 23rd, but this time in Cardiff (100pounds).

i wasn't sure whether i can get my refund for my first booking but i was lucky to be able to book Cardiff as such short notice.

When i attended the appointment in Cardiff (23rd Nov 9:00) the staffs were very nice and very helpful.
However as it is a new service for them, the camera was not working properly so they had to take the photo manually. the whole process took 45 minute, they even offered to upload further documents for me if needed.

Later on that day (15:00) my solicitor received an email from Home office saying my application has been granted, and the decision letter and BRP will be posted shortly.

My solicitor received the decision letter and BRP today. I am SOOO happy and just wanted to share my experience with you all.

They should not allow people to book an appointment if the centre (wolverhampton) is closing down. Please be aware guys! :D