ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application 10 years or 5 years working?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

ILR Application 10 years or 5 years working?

Post by samojerom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi Smart Guys,

I am about to apply my ILR and my situation is as following and just want to get some wise advice from you smart guys.

1. I was firstly entered UK as a student in 2008, and then I am working full-time in the UK. I have stayed here for 10+ years (I am sure I have no gaps more than 180 days or in total 500+ days). Actually except some short-terms holidays I am here in the UK every day.

2. I got my Tier 2 working visa and did a full time job for 4 years, and due to changing job, last year I got a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. So in total I have just above 5 years full-time working experience with valid working visa (but 4 years Tier 2 + 1 year Tier 1).

So my questions are:

a. Should I apply my ILR by using the 10 years stay scheme or using the 5 years working visa one? I mean which one will be easier? I heard that someone always got problems by applying via 10 years route, but I think the 10 years route may require less documents, e.g., salary slip, etc. Also, which one is more expensive?

b. I am not quite sure if I can combine my Tier 2 working visa with my Tier 1 talent visa time. Because I need to combine them to get 5 years. Any suggestions or experience on this situation?

Thanks so so much for your thoughts.
A.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 10 years or 5 years working?

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 am

You previously said that you got a simple caution. Has it been 24 months since the caution ?

a. Should I apply my ILR by using the 10 years stay scheme or using the 5 years working visa one? I mean which one will be easier? I heard that someone always got problems by applying via 10 years route, but I think the 10 years route may require less documents, e.g., salary slip, etc. Also, which one is more expensive?
Depends. Do you have any PBS dependents ?? Applying under SET(LR) will affect their status and ILR
b. I am not quite sure if I can combine my Tier 2 working visa with my Tier 1 talent visa time. Because I need to combine them to get 5 years. Any suggestions or experience on this situation?
Yes you can mix time spent under Tier 2 General visa with Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:16 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 am
You previously said that you got a simple caution. Has it been 24 months since the caution ?
Depends. Do you have any PBS dependents ?? Applying under SET(LR) will affect their status and ILR
Yes you can mix time spent under Tier 2 General visa with Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
--- Yes, the simple caution has passed 24 months in July this year. Shame on me.

--- I just checked, it seems for 10 years or 5 years, it's all the same £2,999 for premium service. I have no dependents, just a single person with a single applicant. It seems to me like for the 10 years route, the required documents are much less. Will the simple caution influence the 10 years and 5 years application in the same way (even it passed 24 months now)?

--- Thanks for confirming this. I just go to the online application website, I found only the option to choose either T1 or T2 (they are separated options). How can I be directed to the correct online application form? Should I choose the option called 'Work Permit'?

Thanks so much for your kindly help and suggestions.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 am

--- I just checked, it seems for 10 years or 5 years, it's all the same £2,999 for premium service. I have no dependents, just a single person with a single applicant. It seems to me like for the 10 years route, the required documents are much less. Will the simple caution influence the 10 years and 5 years application in the same way (even it passed 24 months now)?
The caution should not affect ILR now. SET(LR) certainly requires less documents
I just go to the online application website, I found only the option to choose either T1 or T2 (they are separated options). How can I be directed to the correct online application form? Should I choose the option called 'Work Permit'?
If you want to go for the 5 year route, you should apply under your current route Tier 1ET. You must be eligible fully for ILR under that route. The rules simply allow the case worker to count the qualifying period from the day you got Tier 2 onwards. That is all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks very much. I will go through the online application and if I have further problems I will post them here.

Also, I just wondering if anyone with simple caution can share their experience for applying through the 10 years route? I know it has passed 24 months now, and in theory, the case worker should not bring it up. However, I will apply by using the Premium Service, I don't know if the case worker will ask me go back home and wait long long time before the decision. Anyone got it smoothly please let me know if any tricks. Thanks so much. A.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 pm

All the PSC centers will close tomorrow. You cannot apply for a same day decision at a premium center anymore. Instead apply online and submit your docs/biometrics at one of the UKVCAS centers. There is no same day processing as far as I can see anymore :!:

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 pm
All the PSC centers will close tomorrow. You cannot apply for a same day decision at a premium center anymore. Instead apply online and submit your docs/biometrics at one of the UKVCAS centers. There is no same day processing as far as I can see anymore :!:
:shock: Always changing ...

I did a bit search that on this website https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-vis ... mber-2018/ it mentioned :
  • Standard service, where the application will be decided within the current timescales of six months or eight weeks, depending on the type of application.
  • Priority service, where the decision is made in ten working days (until the end of November) or in five working days (starting from December).
  • Super priority service, where the applications will be decided on the next working day.
I didn't find anything officially on www.gov.uk. Anyone got a link to the www.gov.uk that shows the fees for each service please share with me. Thanks so much.

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm

Sorry to be fussy, I checked a couple of threads on immigrationboards.com, it seems no one has got successful 'quick' decision using the new super priority service. Any successful stories?

I understand that even for the old premium service there is no guarantee for the same day decision, but it seems to me it is very likely to get into a long decision procedure using the new priority service (I assume not everyone has a NOT straightforward application, right?)

indefinite-leave-to-remain/timeline-for ... 68827.html
indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-ilr-proc ... 68351.html

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Every application is different which means there will be no guarantee.
As far as I see, there is no same day decision process. The priority services also are not as 'quick' as they are believed to be