ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main and dependant separate application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samaygrg

Main and dependant separate application

Post by samaygrg » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Hello all
Greetings

I am just wondering if the dependant can apply few days later after main applicant’s application? Can we? Or the applications must be lodged at the same time.

please help me if anyone have done similar before or have any relevant information on this.

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Main and dependant separate application

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 pm

If their leave hasn’t expired, then yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:47 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi vinny.

Does this mean that the main applicant can apply say in December 2018 whilst the dependants apply in March 2019 as long as both the main applicant and dependants have valid leave till March 2019? Please is there any link from the Home Office to back this up? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm

babylondoner wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:47 pm
vinny wrote:
Hi vinny.

Does this mean that the main applicant can apply say in December 2018 whilst the dependants apply in March 2019 as long as both the main applicant and dependants have valid leave till March 2019? Please is there any link from the Home Office to back this up? Thanks
yes you can do that (I am assuming you are Tier 1 and dependents will apply before their current leave expires). Also the good thing is Tier 1 dependents also qualify for super priority 24 hours decision. However the main applicant has to go through the standard process (the only confusion I have is that dependents can apply for super priority if the main applicant’s ILR has already been approved before the dependent applies or it does not matter)

I know someone who secured ILR via tier 1 last month and are going to apply for daughter (dependent) via super priority. The online form gives option for super priority in this case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm
babylondoner wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hi vinny.

yes you can do that (I am assuming you are Tier 1 and dependents will apply before their current leave expires). Also the good thing is Tier 1 dependents also qualify for super priority 24 hours decision. However the main applicant has to go through the standard process (the only confusion I have is that dependents can apply for super priority if the main applicant’s ILR has already been approved before the dependent applies or it does not matter)

I know someone who secured ILR via tier 1 last month and are going to apply for daughter (dependent) via super priority. The online form gives option for super priority in this case.
Thanks for your post.

Yes, I'm tier 1 and my dependant will apply before his leave expires.

Did the successful tier 1 applicant you know apply using the super priority option that's available with the new sopra steria outsourced system?

I'm on Tier 1 entrepreneur and I am still unsure if I can apply using the new super priority option.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:02 am

babylondoner wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hi vinny.

319C(b) or 319E(b) or 319H(b) or 319J(b), etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:02 am
babylondoner wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hi vinny.

319C(b) or 319E(b) or 319H(b) or 319J(b), etc.
Thanks vinny

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 am

babylondoner wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm
babylondoner wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hi vinny.

Thanks for your post.

Yes, I'm tier 1 and my dependant will apply before his leave expires.

Did the successful tier 1 applicant you know apply using the super priority option that's available with the new sopra steria outsourced system?

I'm on Tier 1 entrepreneur and I am still unsure if I can apply using the new super priority option.
Tier 1 main applicant can NOT use super priority. Main applicant can only use standard service.

However I ran a dummy application online form and Tier 1 dependent was able to use super priority option. The online form will indicate that at the “pay” section
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.